I decided not to write a report….

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions I decided not to write a report….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

Most of my experience from DC has been quiet personal triumphs and though the cast was great and all and LEXXians nice, talking about acting was not high on my priority of party topics but actors attract actors, etc…. my topics of conversation don’t have the same appeal. No matter ….I knew my association with LEXX was tenuous at best …..and like the rest of my LEXX collection; it’s in to the closet which has been it’s home for 4 months. I am indulging my current passion of spy like flicks like Bogie’s The Maltese Falcon.

It’s tragic how we are so distracted by people and events and scenarios in this life that have no value nor can they help us in the long term yet we spend way too much time on them. I will not make THAT mistake again. Sometimes you have to hold your tongue, harden you heart and let thiings be though it is totally opposite of everything your heart cries to do; to jump in and save it all; I cannot do this; I cannot intervene; my hands are tied. I’m sorry you did not listen I’m sorry for you that you were distracted. If it gets bad and you are ready to listen you know where i am for now but not for long. my best to you.

Anonymous

Mandara, I’m not quite sure what that all means?

Is it that you’re a bit tired of LEXX after the convention? You sound a little peeved?

BebopChic
    Participant

I am not 100% sure, but i believe that this is a rebutle to my journal…if not, cool….if so, I am sorry you feel that way….I am who I am…..I am young…..but I believe in gaining knowledge and wisdom from others as well as from myself to be helpful in obtaining greater understanding.

My Best, Bebop

theFrey
    Participant

Post con let down I am sure.

As I said to all in the other thread, reports are good and their is certainly room on the net for many, many view points.

I already have a nice report from Mike_L to put in the Sadgeezer convention report, and will welcome anyone else’s input over the next week or so before I get with FX (suprise!) and we pop out a finished report for the convention area ‘ala’ Halifax.

Bebop, let me know if you want any of the stuff from you very informative report incorportated.

ilyekkakai
    Participant

Hey Mandara K , I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out with you at the parties ! ๐Ÿ™‚ I had fun just cause I hardly get out of the house enough and the trip was like a vacation to me and my mom….
    I am sorry to hear that you seem to have had a bad time, everyone is entitled to thier opinion, and I commend you for being honest , take care, Mandara K
    <Rhiannon> aka <ILyekkaKai>

mandara k
    Participant

I guess it’s not a matter of not having a good time as a matter of degree of fun. it was more of a wrap up for me; the end of an era and with that there is sadness but mostly a sigh of relief. Now I can take care of me for a while, do what i want; like watch the University of Iowa Hawkeye football; switch jobs, move again for the 3 rd time this year; but write what i want like the story I’ve been working on for over a year or so now. it’s more futuristic than sci-fi now so may not be good here. it’s pretty serious and it involves imprisonment, persecution and concealment; I think of it as a Northern Ireland meets Anne Frank. The ultimate goal is freedom but the story happens in the journey; that’s where the victory is won. This occupies my time. I’ll just choose other ways to have fun in the future. Ain’t no big thang baby cakies!

it was a pleasure to meet you; if everyone else have a great time it works for me; I’ll get my fun at another time; you get what you want now; I get what i want later. I got no problem with that.

my joys are simpler and not based on another person no matter how spectacular that person is; I give myself kudos; if other people recognize that well that’s a plus; if not….. I got me; I know what I know and no one can do what i do; that’s the great thing about it the combination that makes-up me…. that makes-up you… is unique. No one is better than anyone else…. just different.

if you choose not to see what is special in every person or take the time ti find out…. you never step beyond the walls of your own mind. And since like attracts like ….you are probably surrounded by a lot of people that may look or think like you; if you do not actively seek out what may not be “you” and find out what that’s all about….. well , you never see the whole picture; you won’t grow…. you won’t challenge yourself. You will build walls to keep “them” out and will end up miserable. So get out of your own way…. stop living in your world….. shut off the ME ME ME tape and listen to others. Oh that could mean you have to take a back seat to someone else for a while; so what? I LOVE it when others see their heart’s desires come true; it’s like that fireman line they have in movies if you go we all go. Egos create strife; love creates unity I’m all for the latter.

So peace all; be well….. be happy. I’m rooting for you all!

Love from all of my heart!!!!

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    I’ve had a fun time spending time with you all, chatting with you & taking pictures of you; I’m glad that the rest of us who were there last yr, were also there this yr. ๐Ÿ™‚ Without any of you here on this board & the other 1, as well as chatting online, I wouldn’t have been as out-spoken as I am; instead, I would’ve backed out of the Exhibitors Hall & been too shy to speak. You people here on this board have helped me come out so much; I just want to say thank you Lexxians & I appreciate you being here on this board as well as chat rooms, e-mails & other boards. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mandara K,
    I’d also like to thank you to for helpful comeout of my shyness; you’ve been really helpful on that part. I’m just sorry you’re leaving us for awhile; I do hope you come back soon, even just to visit.

ilyekkakai,
    Thanks for being the special person that you are; please stay sweet & I’ll e-mail you soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again all for helping me get out of my shyness & become as open as I am; keep up the great work. ๐Ÿ˜€

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

This is my report; moments gleaned from DC that have more sway on my heart than any thing else.

It was joking with the airport security about “my leg” that got stuck in the suirvelllance machine (I wear a brace for my ankle)

It was sitting with 4 strangers at the Hard Rock Cafe, enjoying 3 and 1/2 hurricaines (and i have the glass to prove it )and laughing our heads off about various topics from the Atlanta Braves to why men like breasts.

it was getting lost in the heart of Atlanta, exhausted, asking directions from a man, getting nowhere, and near collapse and having that same kind stranger giving me a lift to your hotel; and me giving him a rose I purchased for myself.

It was the light in Jhevz eyes when she told me about being in the Masquerade.

it was talking Mike L about B movies like…. which one was it… like Revenge of the Nazi Surfers and then a man dressed as a Nazi walks by.

It was helping an Indian lady make my bed at thr hotel and seeing the gratitude in her eyes.

It was the look of genuine warmth from the man that opened the cab door at the MArriot saying I’m glad to see you again and the feeling that i was seen and appreciated.

It was the warmth i felt for a little girl who gave HDS a stuffed pirate cat for being Jack Sparrow.

It was the warmth and appreciation i felt for ileykkai and her mother and to see how they really cared for each other and how Dee was so excited though did not say much. It was Michelle and her sweetness so natural to her and a number of others. It was Goblin from England sharing toast in the middle of the night and shedding my last tears for LEXX…. thank you for that; Goblin.

So you see my report has no interest if what you wanted to hear the cast news. I left that for others to extol their virtues; I did that in the past; and they are wonderful no doubt; but that does not hold sway for me anymore. You know who the real wonders are….

psst…… c’mere I’ll tell you…… “whispers” it’s you and me and all of those not mentioned. Those chained by the neck by Mr. Donovan in Def Con 4 or in Yo Way Oi do all the work and inherit a bomb to blow up our home. Now, I don’t know about you but to HELL if I’m letting some scientist, intellectual or pretty but shallow “new man ” blow up my planet. I will fight until my last breath to be heard exactly as i am; and if I am not heard that is YOUR Problem and not mine. I don’t want to be sized up as a freakin’ sex mate I just want to be heard. WHO in THE HELL ever said beauty and what is TRUTH are the same. The Greeks well they fell; so do all major civilizations this one will too.

If you ain’t got heart you will not make it and don’t mean heart for those you deem as suitable to your little ego or brain.

Wake up now; a lot of people are getting rid of their TV’s! Why? because it does not represent their life. Those under 30 people do not represent the population; they represent a fantasy that soon will be stashed away as RL will take center stage.

That is MY REport and CONSEQUENCES BE DAMNED

I guess it doesn’t matter now but nothing that happened recently surprises me and I could have told any of you but you didn’t ask me so I’m willing just to keep my thoughts to myself and let what happens happen; these are not my problems anymore I could have helped but why be ignored again or pushed aside for someone or something “better”. (smirk) Well, i hope it’s worth it in the long run. Well I did my time for LEXX

What is done is done; I am Comfortably NUMB;

ilyekkakai
    Participant

I finally am getting around to my measly two cents worth DC report….It comes this late simply cause I am lazy as can be and the trip really wore me out ๐Ÿ˜›
    Well, all I can say is that for my first con ever and meeting the Lexx cast and lexxians….it was really exciting, fun and a teeny tiny bit informative ๐Ÿ˜‰
    ๐Ÿ˜• My only regrets are as follows….. should’ve taken more pictures, got more sleep, taken more $$,hung out at the Lexx cast table more, got a DC t-shirt, definately should not have taken mom ๐Ÿ˜‰ , seen more , taken better walking shoes than Doc Martins……
    That’s about it…..I really did have lots of fun, and I am considering going again just so I can do the things I did’nt get to..
    ๐Ÿ™„ Guess I will need a job then ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Anyhoo….that’s all I can really say about DC…
    ๐Ÿ˜€

Jhevz
    Participant
    ilyekkakai wrote:

I finally am getting around to my measly two cents worth DC report….It comes this late simply cause I am lazy as can be and the trip really wore me out ๐Ÿ˜›
    Well, all I can say is that for my first con ever and meeting the Lexx cast and lexxians….it was really exciting, fun and a teeny tiny bit informative ๐Ÿ˜‰
    ๐Ÿ˜• My only regrets are as follows….. should’ve taken more pictures, got more sleep, taken more $$,hung out at the Lexx cast table more, got a DC t-shirt, definately should not have taken mom ๐Ÿ˜‰ , seen more , taken better walking shoes than Doc Martins……
    That’s about it…..I really did have lots of fun, and I am considering going again just so I can do the things I did’nt get to..
    ๐Ÿ™„ Guess I will need a job then ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Anyhoo….that’s all I can really say about DC…
    ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m glad you had a great time at DC, ilyekkakai,
    You don’t sleep at these things, instead it’s fun time; sleep comes later. Heck I also could’ve of taken more pictures, especially with my new digital camera, but such as life; that makes 2 of us, I also should have hung around the other Lexx table more (the 1 theFrey & others were at). Better walking shoes doesn’t hurt, but it’s what you feel comfortable in; may be next yr, you & I can be roomies at the same hotel we stayed at this yr (Marriott Fairfield Inn). You’re mom’s a good person & I’m very glad to have met her, even if it was the last night of the con. You’re a good person, ilyekkakai; I wouldn’t change a thing. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Again, I’m glad you had a great time there; chat with you soon.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.