I finnaly saw 2.11 NOOK!!!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx I finnaly saw 2.11 NOOK!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crusader
    Participant

They showed Nook yesterday!!! I missed the first time they showed it!!!
    It was… bizzar!!! Xev, Stan and Kai on a gaymunk planet!!! I dont relly understand the end doe!!! (Frankly I dident understand it at al)
    I was a litle disepointed that Xev had sex in it!!! I whent thruw the hole LEXX series and thought that she still hadent “done it” and thought that it was funny when something came in the way fore here al the time!!!
    (And that it happent like it did!!! Just jumping in bead with some drunk munks)

Stan was strange to!!! It suprised me that he considerd “doing it” with that munk so that he wouldent kill himself!!!
    Its sad that they change the Stan carakter so ofhen as they doe!!!
    On one episode he dosent care about anybody but himself and the next he risks his life to save someone and so on!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Well, Crusader – we neve did get to see if Xev actually had sex…it was implied.
    But then..why’s she still got her clothes on?!

And as for Stan the Man, I’m afraid homosexuality was a bit too much for his character. (Blame that on the Beans, and their homophobic tendencies.)

My fav part was Kai’s interest in finding out all that could – he reads! That’s something that we don’t see much of in Lexx. Most peeps are poor illiterate slobs.
    Kai is adept in literature, art, and music.
    It seems the Brunnen-G were a much more intelligent society than the rest of the cosmos – woops, don’t forget the Astral-B Heretics…they seemed pretty smart with the exception of Stanley the Moron Idiot Tweedle!

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

Coincidentally, I rewatched Nook last night. I’m going back through the second season right now and when I’ve finished it, I will start over with season 3, kinda like the Sci Fi channel. My tapes however, are unedited. Xev did tell Kai and Stan that she finally did it. “I finally got to do it, have uncomplicated sex and I liked it a lot” or words to that effect. The crew of Lexx are all fast dress artists. The thing I found most disturbing in the episode was her total lack of any emotion or feeling when the planet and all the people on it were blown to Kingdom Come. It seems like the only normal sex Stan ever had was in Boomtown and White Trash. His experiences with Xev were when he had girl parts and Xev was packin’ a trauma and when Prince was Xev. Kinda creepy.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    The thing I found most disturbing in the episode was her total lack of any emotion or feeling when the planet and all the people on it were blown to Kingdom Come. It seems like the only normal sex Stan ever had was in Boomtown and White Trash. His experiences with Xev were when he had girl parts and Xev was packin’ a trauma and when Prince was Xev. Kinda creepy.[/B]

i guess i had not thought of nook in terms of stan having normal sex but you know you are right…my lexx buddy is gay and he didn’t like nook because he felt it was just another instance of gay men getting killed…i said he was indulging in ghetto thinking and that it was actually quite sympathetic, particularly the scene where stan gently turns down the gay monk who was coming on to him…stan in general shows glimpses of the person he might have been had he not been warped by his ‘1984’ society and upbringing…xev is like a child, all id and egocentricity but she has been consistently growing up throughout the series…remember she was raised in a box and really had no contact with people until she had her transformation and became a fugitive with stan and kai…and yes rustam, kai is the only intellectual relief in the show, but his is the culture that stagnated and more or less committed mass suicide by inaction (at least as far as we know through brigadoom) so i guess pure intellectualism holds its own downside, after all he is the dead character, who will never grow or change, although he certainly holds our interest on many levels …as we have talked about before (and as mm alluded to in his chat) lexx is fundamentally a very down show,not utopic at all, and that combined with the twisted humor is what makes it so different and compelling

[This message has been edited by FX (edited 02-04-2001).]

Anonymous

Hello folks, the board decided this should post here instead of under Kai’s Brace. We have slipped into that alternate reality again.
    The Beach had some lovely faux paux. Did anyone else notice Brian’s wetsuit as Stan washed up on the beach. The water had pushed the stan suit nearly to his knees and lo and behold, Stan’s legs were oddly black and shiny, kinda like a seal fresh out of the waves. You got a second peak one other time, I’ll have to re-view the ep for clarification. Overall, this episode was filler as well, but I still enjoyed the Hell out of it. Prince seemed oddly gentle with Stanley even through his damning shots of selfish, conniving, silly and stupid Stan. Poor guy never cops a break or if he does, he ends up shooting himself in the foot.

[This message has been edited by nwmonikr (edited February 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    Hello folks, the board decided this should post here instead of under Kai’s Brace. We have slipped into that alternate reality again.

i’ll say, welcome to the twilight zone where one thread twists into another…anyway, as i said elsewhere in this poor beleaguered forum, i did not catch a lot of the gremlins in this episode as i was explaining background to a potential lexxconvert…so i did not see the wetsuit although i remarked to my friend that brian can’t swim and nearly drowned during shooting of that scene, i will tape and rewatch later this week…i also will be looking for kai’s brace,and waking in gametown…i love catching discontinuities…regards prince, i always thought that the devil, if he exists, would be like any sociopath, infinitely understanding and charming…luring the victim into making the wrong choice…i mean, the smell of sulphur and smoke would be way too obvious, right? anyone is going to know something is up, evil is pervasive because it appears in the most banal forms like the people in rosemary’s baby, with the most insidiious sorts of choices, easy to make and even easier to justify but with disastrous consequences, i guess evil walks hand in hand with complacency “yeah i did that but it was the easiest, most comfortable thing to do at the time and i didnt realize what would come of it”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.