I go away and I come back to check on the news ….

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff I go away and I come back to check on the news ….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

and get this happy news.

Sad, you’re 3rd on the list of top sites in the UK for Sci-Fi. Why why that’s marvelous! 8) You probably have been tops for many years but this is the first I’ve heard of it. Do they base this on hits, or content, or what? i guess you can’t get one without the other.

This new board doesn’t seem as chatty; the new sci-fi fan must stalk his sci-fi quietly; watching it’s every move and then spring on it when the time comes ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, I know I’ve been a pain in the arse mostly here but I’d like to offer my humblest of congrats to you, to your mods and all you sci-fi fans! I just floors me sometimes to think you started in the back room of your house was it and look where you are now and through all of those server problems! Good things always come to those who wait and stick it out.

Let us always push for better sci-fi!

mk

Anonymous

Thanks for teh congrats Mandara ๐Ÿ™‚

I thought I’d try putting in the link to just to see how the system worked. Personally I don’t rate the site very well, it doesn’t have much in terms of credibility and I’m not sure if it will be worthwhile or not – it only took a day to get from 40-something to 2nd (I’ll prolly take the link down in a week or so).

The rating system is based on the number of times people hit the link and the number of times people visit the site from theirs.

Number of hits from UK top 50 x 3 +
    Number of hits from SadGeezer.com x 2
    = Rating

I’d have preferred something like the Google rating which is based on number of hits and number of sites linking to it. We get between 300,000 and 500,000 visitors per month so it wouldn’t take long to get to number one at that rate ๐Ÿ™‚

pet
    Participant

You’re Number 1 for July!

Edit: But it looks like it’s one of those places where webmasters can raise their score by refreshing and clicking. If they don’t have a safeguard for that, then it’s just a matter of who has the most friends with time on their hands. Also, strangers click more when they see a new button, that may or may not taper off.

theFrey
    Participant

Hey Mandara! Long time no see. ๐Ÿ˜€ Just popping in, or going to stay a while?

mandara k
    Participant

Hey Frey girl! How are ya sweets? I bet you are busy as a bee doing the DC shuffle. Nope just bob bob bobbing around. Sad’s got a woodie; well yeesh; did know sadgeezers could experience that kind of sensation anymore! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜† let me know how the Dragon’s rock this year. A back injury and other plans divert me away from Atlanta this year. I’ll be in St. Paul (St. Paul? you make him a professor what’s next beautification I suppose; well, duh that would be =kicking it and who’d want that?) Doing a Ren-Fest up in the Twin Cities, etc…

IM when you get a chance and let me know the newsies.

mk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.