I hate Buffy!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Sexecutioner
    Participant

why does she always say those lame one liners after she kills some demon!!??, its just demeaning and cruel!, she reminds me of this girl I knew back in highschool!

Anonymous

I guess it’s all to defuse a tense situation for the audience. ๐Ÿ˜‰

What winds me up about Buffy is that she has flat feet. Lots of scenes with her runninbg to battle some foe are almost comical. You think her slayer powers would stretch to raising a pair of fallen arches!

Sexecutioner
    Participant

you think her Slayer powers would give her a more impressive anotomy!, she’s so small and scrawny!, its hard to beleive she could beat any demon!

Deathscythehell
    Participant

dude chill out its just a T.V. show, it doesent have to make sense ๐Ÿ˜•

Sexecutioner
    Participant

…….no sir I don’t like it

Deathscythehell
    Participant

well thats your problem now isint it…. david

Sexecutioner
    Participant

well yes it is…….george

Deathscythehell
    Participant

ummm… who’s george?

Sexecutioner
    Participant

YOU ARE!!!

theFrey
    Participant

I hate Buffy too. But Fx doesn’t so one must be careful not to be too open about it lest you ruffle her feathers. 8)

However, I will admit that despite trying several times to watch the Buff one, I never did get through a whole episode. She reminded me of every annoying whining teen I had ever had to deal with. So no buffy for me! But… that just leave more fandom for the rest. ๐Ÿ˜‰

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Buffy is Buff enough.

I wouldn’t say no to getting slayed by her.

streudel
    Participant

I’ve never been able to get through a Buffy episode either. But I don’t feel the need to come to this forum to trash someone else’s favourite show.

Dude, if you feel the need to come here and alienate other Sadgeezers just because Buffy reminds you of a girl from high school, then perhaps what you need is not a message board but a highly qualified child therapist. After spending many interminable months dealing with you here and on lexx.com, I can truly say you have serious issues. ๐Ÿ™„

Sexecutioner
    Participant

I did try and give Buffy a chance, but the show is too teenybopper for me, the demons look stupid, Buffy is supposed to be a slayer but she still whines about teenage crap.

plus my sister likes it….nuff said, my sister likes the Lizzy Mcguire show and Harry Potter for fucks sake!

theFrey
    Participant

I like Harry Potter. And the problem with that is????

theFrey
    Participant

Oh and I also like “Kim Possible” and “Dexter” ๐Ÿ˜€

lexxrobotech
    Participant

DEXTERS LAB!!!!!!!!

Hey… Im one of the worlds biggest Harry Potter fans!

I love toons as well.

And yes, Im not normal. Im a sadgeezer. Mwa-hahahaha!

aquabloodstone
    Participant

I’m with thefrey and lexxrobotech, I LOVE Dexter’s Lab. In fact, I’m a cartoon junkie myself. And even though Buffy may be wimpy, whiny and illogically talented, I believe that was the premise of both the show and the movie. Typical softie teenager endowed with special powers that make no sense. No offense to the teenagers out there ๐Ÿ˜‰

streudel
    Participant

I have a Dexter watch. Yes, at 31 years old, I still consider a cartoon character watch a fashionable accessory. You don’t know how many adults ask for the time just to hear me say in Dexter’s voice, ” It is a fine time for science! ” Or they see the watch and exclaim ” Dee Dee! What are you doing in my laboratory?! ”

The day I give up kid things is the day they plant me. Oh, and Harry Potter rocks, too. *sticks out her tongue*

Cesare
    Participant

Dexter’s Lab is fabulous.
    But my fave cartoons are ren & Stipmpy, Cow & Chicken and… The Oblongs!!!

(I don’t like Buffy much – reminds me of Charmed or whatever the original title is – that one with (later without) Shannen Doherty, about three witches… Too much beverly Hills in both of them. But annoying the fans of the show like that seems pretty pointless and childish to me. But yes, I hate her, too.)

Sexecutioner
    Participant

“Dexters Labortory” is pretty cool, Kim Possible is lame.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

…in your opinion.

theFrey
    Participant

Naw, Kim Possible is totally awesome. I love Wade and I lust after his system. Ron is hysterial and reminds me very much of Captain Stan, and hey… what can ya say about Kimmie (as Shego calls her) how many other action hero’s wear ‘off the rack’ clothes. ๐Ÿ™‚ Greatness, I tell ya, greatness.

Sexecutioner
    Participant

I just hate shows where teenagers solve crime and junk, like Mary kate and Ashley in action!, or tottally spies!, I know Kim Possible is alot more intelligent then both those shows, but its still not very creative.

Inkblot
    Participant

People think Buffy is all plastic and no substance really need to watch the season 5 episode “The Body” (episode 16). I dare anyone to watch that episode and not choke up.

I didn’t really like Buffy at first either, being a horror-buff. I thought it was just silly, basically. But after watching a few eps I got into the intelligent humour and excellent character developments. Now I’m an addict, having seen all episodes and started on Angel.

Sexecutioner
    Participant

I watched an ep of it today, something about that lesbian witch going after some nerd cause he killed her bitch, it was all pretty silly.

and Buffy is so freaking scrawny!, the should of picked someone more athlectic like Xenia, its hard to imagine Sarah Michelle Geller could beat anyone up.

Anonymous
    Sexecutioner wrote:

and Buffy is so freaking scrawny!, the should of picked someone more athlectic like Xenia,

Xenia? Athletic? Surely you jest.

Hansuke
    Participant

Say what you will. It won’t change my viewing habits. I watch Buffy at least once a week, even though I have seen all the episodes several times. Buffy was a great show; TV history just hasn’t recognized it yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sexecutioner
    Participant
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

Sexecutioner wrote:

and Buffy is so freaking scrawny!, the should of picked someone more athlectic like Xenia,

Xenia? Athletic? Surely you jest.[/quote]

what are you talking about?, Xenia’s got a very athletic body so it makes it more beleivable when she beats someone up as Xev. But Sarah is practically a stick!

and another thing, how come in the fighting scenes in buffy, when the fight and punch eachother there’s no big bruises or cuts or blood, its like watching wrestling!.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

how come in the fighting scenes in buffy, when the fight and punch eachother there’s no big bruises or cuts or blood

That probably has more to do with the censors than the creators. As you’ve pointed out before, the target audience includes people well under 18. They trade off the little things for the big stuff later on, you know, stuff like flaying the skin off of people? That would be my best guess, anyway.

theFrey
    Participant

I remember once reading an interview with the guys who use to do the TV show Starskey and Hutch.

One of them told of coming out of a night club one evening and getting pushed and taunted a bit by a few “you ain’t so tough” dudes. They had been being coached a lot on fighting styles and doing work outs and such so he decided to take care of this his self…. and so the fight was on.

What the TV shows don’t show… since they are fantasy, is that even when you know what you are doing you can break things, tear things and oh yes…. bruise and purple like a bad dog. ๐Ÿ™‚

And let us face it… the Buff one would not look good black and blue in every episode. ;D Even if it was just makeup.

pet
    Participant

I have an Austin Powers talking watch that I’m not allowed to play over the intercom system anymore. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

One of them told of coming out of a night club one evening and getting pushed and taunted a bit by a few “you ain’t so tough” dudes. They had been being coached a lot on fighting styles and doing work outs and such so he decided to take care of this his self…. and so the fight was on.

When Vince Vaughn tried that, Steve Buscemi got stabbed in the neck.

Deathscythehell
    Participant

i also like harry potter, and i used to like dexter, but i dont like the ones with the different annimation style, i do still like ed,edd, and eddy though, and i love anime, DBZ,DB,yu-gi-oh, and of course…. gundam wing.

Sexecutioner
    Participant

I admit Buffy can be interesting sometimes, but I absolutely hate that Xander charcacter!, he reminds me too much of Chandler from Freinds!. and He called those nerds “social retards” which is obviously the pot calling the kettle black.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

You are absolutely right on that pot calling the kettle black thing. I hate it when the writers make a character the loser all the time. Give the guy a break, I mean they even took his eye for piss sakes!

CLR2
    Participant
    aquabloodstone wrote:

You are absolutely right on that pot calling the kettle black thing. I hate it when the writers make a character the loser all the time. Give the guy a break, I mean they even took his eye for piss sakes!

I’m not a big buffy fan, but I remember an episode where Zander saves their high school. A well written episode that involved peer pressure and zombies, if I recall correctly the premise. He’s basically the protagonist in this one. I’m not sure if it was a one time deal, but the character seemed to be more than just comic relief.

Sexecutioner
    Participant

Zander’s just annoying, no wonder Spike hates him….

what am I doing!!, I’m talking Buffy here!!!

aquabloodstone
    Participant

I never meant to say he wasn’t a valuable character, but he is written as a social retard ๐Ÿ˜‰ He’s supposed to be written that way. I actually like the character, but I have this thing about how some producers/writers/whatever seem to pick one character in a show and just make him the loser almost every time. I understand the way it works, the loveable loser syndrome, but they take it too far sometimes. That eye thing really got to me ๐Ÿ‘ฟ Look at what he overcame and how he became almost as big a hero as the rest of them (his constant lament thru the seasons) and then they killed his ex-fiancee and took his eye. Please take no offense Xander lovers of the world! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sexecutioner
    Participant

even Stanley Tweedle’s not a looser all the time, he got to have an orgy on “boomtown”.

dedevilstoy
    Participant

What you don’t seem to realize is the Buffy really died. Willow, never really cured of her Evil (so called) remade her as a construct under her control. Now that the poor dupes i.e. Dawn, Zander, Rupert etc think that it’s all over, she’ll strike.
    Willow will soon take over their minds and bodies as her power and influence expand. This of course is how it should be.
    Willow was The First, this must be true, ‘coz you never saw them together in the same,pit crater, mausoleum or drug store

ZevofB3K
    Participant

I love the show Buffy, but it’s because of the supporting cast, not because of that nasty twig. Not only is the character so full of herself, it makes you want to gag, but still didn’t you love the episodes either when she got beat up by someone like Willow, Spike, etc. or the one in S7 when they all threw her out of her own house. I cheered.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.