I just can’t surprise hubby with anything, argh!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub I just can’t surprise hubby with anything, argh!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hollydays
    Participant

I have been secretly converting my hubbys gigantic cd collection into MP3’s on my computer. I was going to buy him a 160 GB mp3 player, fill it up and present it to him as a gift when we go to the hospital to deliver this baby. I was almost done (except for his tapes and lp’s).. What does he do? Plays around on my computer and burns a disk and then is like – What’s all this?
    Cr@p!

I have never, NEVER been able to surprise him once, not even with bd presents! ARGH!!!!!

I just had to complain here in the pub……if I could actually drink right now, you wouldn’t hear from me, lol….

theFrey
    Participant

This is why men should not go in their wife’s purse… errr computer… errr BOTH!

Poor Holly. Bad Hubby! Bad I say!

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Am I bad for thinking that it’s funny that he found all your hard work? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Reminds me of the time I made a paper mache bird for a girl at my junior school and my mom saw it and thought it was for her birthday.

Women… bah!

bonnee
    Participant

Would he be surprised if you presented him with a 3some? ๐Ÿ˜€ Most men would be pleasantly surprised, and forever grateful. If he wasn’t taken by surprise, I’m sure he’d appreciate it as much as any man would – even if he got one every birthday. Its the kind of gift that just keeps on giving. Even the thought counts – just make sure its post natal. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

Bonnee, 3 some? You mean like an MP3 Player, CD Player and Record Deck?

Personally I think 3-somes are overrated. Take it from someone who’s had a 6-some. You get all that … stuff right there in front of you and you simply wont know what to do first. I mean, you wont want to show favoritism or anything. The o’l CD player may seem like it’s seen better days, but it’s still got the same sleek liines that attracted you in the first place and it’s usually happy to play whatever you want!

It might get a bit miffed at you if you start lavishing your attentions on this flighty new MP3 player though, and lets face it, the Record Deck will scratch your record to bits every time!

Now if yer gonna play around with separates, get yer hands on one of those VCRs. Get a dual format they are so easy to play! Seriously there is nothing that a VCR wont let you do! And I’ve heard, they are very forgiving if you try putting your cable in the wrong socket!

VCRs are very sweet because they positively WANT you to connect them with others. DVD and PC work really well together and if one doesn’t want you to touch them in a certain place, you can guarantee one of the others will!

WARNING! Make sure you also have the CD player in on this too. If you don’t and the CD player finds out, it’ll NEVER play your disk again! And don’t go thinking that the DVD can play your disks just as well – because it can’t.

The best advice I can give about this sort of party is that whatever you do, leave out the bloody MP3 player – too young! That sort of flighty jailbait never plays the way you want it too and isn’t very good with others (except maybe the PC – who’s problem is that it’s good for everything if you know what I mean – I mean, some of us have standards you know!)

Personally, I find all six at once a bit complicated, the 3some may be ok, but to be honest, it takes me all my time just to keep up with the CD player.

Maybe I’m just getting old but my o’l CD player and a nice cup of tea does me just fine.

๐Ÿ™‚

theFrey
    Participant

I think it is safe to say that Saddy is still imbibing his holiday cheer.

bonnee
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

Bonnee, 3 some? You mean like an MP3 Player, CD Player and Record Deck?

๐Ÿ™‚

Um, no.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

One good dvd player is all you need.

Anonymous
    lexxrobotech wrote:

One good dvd player is all you need.

You pervert!

The trouble with DVD players is that they play CD’s, record TV shows, play MP3s and DVD disks and, well…. it’ll spend most of it’s time playing with itself!!

I guess it’s ok if you like watching.

๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.