I like Stan

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I’M A NEWBIE!

I think fans of the show don’t respect Stan enough. I mean he is just like you or me. Forget the dead man or the cluster woman. Stan needs the most support.

Anonymous

heh.

:: picks up rock & throws it at Mothbreeder ::

Ah-hahahahahahaha!

[ 26-11-2001: Message edited by: Tish ]

Anonymous

How could anyone NOT love stan? He’s a great character. I think he’s the best character in the show. He, and possibly kai.

theFrey
    Participant

Welcome Mothbreeder.

I like Stan. I must admitted I hated him in season 1, but in season 2 I started to think he wasn’t horribly bad, and by the start of season 3 I thought he was great. Not perfect mind you, or drop dead beautiful, but he became most likeable. I was glad that the beans decided to let “Stan” grow as a person. And he continues to grow in season 4.

Anonymous

Hiya, MB!!! *smooches*

Yep…Stan sure does grow on ya. Originally, I thought him incredibly annoying. Now I find him sweet and likeable…but still not sexy, LOL.

Sorry…I’m still a Kai drooler after all.

Headgehog
    Participant

I’ve always liked Stan more then Kai and Z/Xev.

IMHO, Xev doesn’t do it for me, and I’ve never seen whats so great about dead Kai.

Anonymous

Stan’s great. Lexx wouldn’t be Lexx without him….

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    Stan’s great. Lexx wouldn’t be Lexx without him….

agreed, and welcome mothbreeder

dgrequeen
    Participant

Hiya, Mothbreeder!! Nice to see you again!

I’ve always liked Stan just because he’s so *human*! (even though, like Doffy, I admit to being a Kai drooler)

Let’s face it: without Stan, there would be no brakes on Xev at all, and Kai certainly doesn’t fill that bill. Stan’s the sane center of the Lexx.

However, I did get a little annoyed with him in Fluffdaddy because he insisted (despite all previous experience) on going back to Earth, where he KNEW he was going to get in trouble, just for a roll in the hay with Bunny (which he SHOULD have known he wasn’t gonna get anyway!).

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mothbreeder:
    I’M A NEWBIE!

I think fans of the show don’t respect Stan enough. I mean he is just like you or me. Forget the dead man or the cluster woman. Stan needs the most support.

Hi Mothbreeder! Longtime no see/hear/read! And, I wholeheartedly agreed. Stan is the man because Stan is a man. A real, 100%, normal, human-type male-type male. Yeh, he screws up but he straightens that spine and makes good, too, when the poop hits the fan. Plus, we’ve had a chance to really watch him evolve as a character, though he’s had his serious setbacks, thanks to his libido. Ah, yeh, I lika the Stan-man, too, MB. Welcome, dude!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Longtime no see/hear/read! And, I

blackie? is that you?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:
    However, I did get a little annoyed with him in Fluffdaddy because he insisted (despite all previous experience) on going back to Earth, where he KNEW he was going to get in trouble, just for a roll in the hay with Bunny (which he SHOULD have known he wasn’t gonna get anyway!).

hope springs eternal …or if you prefer, while there is hope, there is life

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:
    Hiya, Mothbreeder!! Nice to see you again!

I’ve always liked Stan just because he’s so *human*!

As you said, Stan is human. I believe one of the most “human” humans in all of scifi. He’s also a man. Human males think with their other head. So when you think about, Stan was just acting normally.

Anonymous

Stan does grow on you, dosen’t he? And he’s the most human character in a genre famous for inhuman characters. The opposite of Kirk.

Still, Xev’s utterly beautifull, and the most interesting character in scifi. Ever. And that goes for Eva H’s Zev too.

And Kai is dshhjkhalkdhfkjdsahlkjfeeiujalkhakjfdhakjdshfkjdffffffffffffffffffffffffffssssssssssss

Sorry, fainted there. Ah, what was the question?

[ 30-11-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

I like Stan, too. He may be my favorite character this season (Kai’s kinda overrated, 790’s gone nuts, and I could never sympathize with either Zev). Stan: The ultimate average guy!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

blackie? is that you?

Yeh, the dead hath arisen. [hey, even I’m shocked! ] My email boxes overwhelmed me so I decided to come here where it was nice and calm and nothing read “you have ____ unread message…” It’s neat to see so many new/old faces/names; very neat, indeed.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

As you said, Stan is human. I believe one of the most “human” humans in all of scifi. He’s also a man. Human males think with their other head. So when you think about, Stan was just acting normally.

Oh, heck yeh! If Stan had my fraternity on the Lexx with him and they all knew the danger involved, 790 still would’ve been left alone on the Lexx while they all tried to crowd into one moth to get back to Earth.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.