I must know the origin of the ‘do

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx I must know the origin of the ‘do

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Have you actually seen MM’S real hair? He should stick with the wig, besides its part of the Brunnen culture.

——————
    “I’m on my way down, I’d like to take you with me. I’m on my way down. The minute that its born, it begins to die. I’d love to just give in, I’d love to live this lie…”

theFrey
    Participant

I want to know the origins of the ‘do. Someone must knows the reason why Michael McManus was saddled with the hairdo from hell. I have read on the net, how everyone connected with the show in the early days knew each other as buddies, so I suspect that this started out as a buddy- payback thing. We have theories in my house, I suspect it was the result of a bet of some sort. You know MM saying, “Piece of cake, I could play this part with my eyes closed.” the reply of course being, “Fine, let’s see how well you can do it with a big damn bun on your head!.” Now my brother says it was probably a bar thing. You know, lots of girls oggoling MM, and certain other people huddling all ignored in a booth muttering, “Right, lets see how gorgeous they think he is in a bouffant!”

This is just not the idle curiosity of a bored Lexx fan. Oh no. After spending THREE DAYS, trying to duplicate that ‘do on a Mattel Kai Klone Konversion Doll, I have a deep and abiding thirst for this knowledge! I hope I can find the answer before I get to Halifax. It would save me from having to jack people up against the wal…. Um, I mean . . . from having to ask in a Q&A session. Yeah, that’s it, I’m, ah, shy, and I don’t want to have to ask the question in public. If anyone knows the answer, I would be most appreciative in knowing it.

——————
    thefrey
    “Oh, come on. If you can’t laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at?” – Dan Fielding

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    Have you actually seen MM’S real hair? He should stick with the wig, besides its part of the Brunnen culture.

MEEEEowww! mm’s got the same problem all of us hair color addicts do, he’s not happy with the prematurely white hair, but he is too lazy to keep up with his roots! i sympathize, having gone through many colors including black during my misspent youth…back to the original question, according to pat on her mcmanus site, the hairdo was inspired by a picture paul donovan took of some guy with bizarre hair in thailand i think…but yeah, there may be an element of “let’s see how many dates he gets with THIS do!” in the final design

theFrey
    Participant

Yes I have seen his real hair, or at least, I have seen several pictures of him in his fluffy-stage. I though it was cute.

Brunnen culture is in the mind of the creator. And I doubt very much if during the conception of this story Lex and Paul were thinking ‘Brunnen-G = Bun-heads in space’

——————
    thefrey
    “Oh, come on. If you can’t laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at?” – Dan Fielding

Anonymous

Boy, if they thought by putting the bun on MM it would detract from his attractiveness, they could’nt have been more wrong!!!

He’s got the bearing and stature to wear such a “do”, many people would’nt be able to pull it off, to me I find it quite attractive..

Just picture Stan or even Prince in a bun, I don’t think so…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by NB 1:

[/B]

Ack!! Now there’s a mental picture I could have done without!!

thefrey – If I remember correctly, last year on the Kai Estrogen Brigade list there was a discussion of this, and supposedly Paul Donovan got the idea for the bun from the hairstyle of a monk in Thailand (go figure, eh??). The picture from the files is gone, unfortunately, but it seemed to be rather like the bun on some of the statues of Buddha.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by NB 1:
    Boy, if they thought by putting the bun on MM it would detract from his attractiveness, they could’nt have been more wrong!!!

He’s got the bearing and stature to wear such a “do”, many people would’nt be able to pull it off, to me I find it quite attractive..

I totally agree, I just love a guy who is studly enough to pull off the unusual.

——————
    thefrey

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Kali:
    Ack!! Now there’s a mental picture I could have done without!!

And to help that MI along…Introducing the concept of the very special, extremely attractive, unbelievable ….TA DA…….SabukiStan!

Easy to see right? A Brunnen G bun/wig and some crazy cosmetics.

This Mental picture brought to you by
    (Hair and make up also done by) a bored, but mostly harmless, trillian. Name provided by the imaginary fairy, VisionArie.

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited June 04, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited June 04, 2001).]

Anonymous
    Inactive

And now for something completely different..

I think Kai has some explaining to do..:P

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:

LOL! cat, i didn’t think you had it in you! please tell me this is a niece of yours and not your girlfriend

Anonymous
    Inactive

A pic I spotted by chance on the internet
    Great Brunnen-G look don’t you think?

Either the bored isn’t updating the static pages or they’re being cached somewhere between there and me since I ended up with two posts..

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:

OMG, Cat, you’re right! And if I’m not mistaken, is’nt that a mini-brace on her wrist!!!!! I bet Kai’s got one on every planet!! Gee, the mother would have to list on the birth certificate, “Father, deceased, 2000 years!!!”

Anonymous

Or, maybe these geezers have something to do with the ‘do.

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    Or, maybe these geezers have something to do with the ‘do.

*gets the a fit of giggles*

you suppose that bun is as heavy as those blokes’?

Thanks for sharing BC and Cat.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

quote:

[/B]

*begins giggling hysterically and falls out of her chair in a fit of uncrontrollable laughter*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.