I need help, Black Books TV show

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub I need help, Black Books TV show

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

Every so often Comedy Central shows a British Sit com called Black Books. They cycled through the first season once, then a few months later they showed the second season. Unfortunately they forgot to tell me about it so I missed it. 😳 I have a few questions;

1)Are DVD’s availible in England for this show, and if they are, can someone help me purchase a copy.

2)Is there anyway I can find copies of the episodes on the internet? I’ve tried Kazaa with limited success. I’ve managed to get four eps of the first season, but have been unable to find anything from season 2 or 3.

3) I know there are at least 3 seasons. Are there plans for a fourth. (‘Season’ is such a relative term, I mean 6 eps is not a full season over here!)

4) Can anyone direct me to a website with more information about the show?

I have a few more questions, that are indirectly related to the show. I don’t know too much British English, so I’m a bit confused about a few words I’ve heard on the show.

Does the time “half one” mean 1:30 or 12:30?
    Quid? Is this slang for pound, like buck is slang for dollar?

Anonymous

Yea Quid is slang for pound or 100 pence.

Black Books is HILARIOUS. Though I havent seen it on Comedy Central for over a year =( Guess its regionalized. I caught about 2-3 episodes before they moved it/got rid of it.

The League of Gentlemen was another comedy they brought over, even funnier than Black Books imo =) But both are great shows.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.