I’M GOING TO BE ON THE TV!!!!!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub I’M GOING TO BE ON THE TV!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

…..well, probably for a couple of seconds anyway….. ๐Ÿ™„ last bank holiday, i was out in a muddy field in Barwell, Leicestershire looking for bits of….meteorite! yes folks, i was spending some of my precious time off trying to avoid cowpats, kicking over molehills and poking around in the undergrowth looking for bits of space rock with the aid of a meteorite cane ( a broomstick with a magnet on the end ). it was all in aid of ‘The Great British Meteorite Hunt’, because meteorite finds in this country are so rare. this is also part of a tv programe called ‘Stardate’, which is due to be shown on BBC2 at 11.20pm on the 29th september. the local astronomical society i’m a member of was asked if any of its members would volunteer to help out looking for meteorite fragments in Barwell. i said ‘yes please!’. i think the whole Stardate programme is going to be about an hour long, but the bit with us in is only likely to last a couple of minutes. you’ll recognise me, because i also tried to do my bit in spreading the word of Sadgeezer, and put my Saddy cap and t-shirt on. you’ll probably only see the cap though, the weather was just a tad unpredictable on that day :-/ anyway, it would be great to think that there’d be a load of Sadgeezers in the UK waiting in front of the tv next week to see me. i’ve had some really bad personal problems over the past couple of months, and it would cheer me up no end if people were there to see me! ๐Ÿ˜€

theFrey
    Participant

Cool Beans! How great for you and how nice to think of Saddy’s ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope that took some good shots of you. Please those of us who won’t be seeing it, know how it goes. ๐Ÿ™‚

nursewhen
    Participant

Dang, I missed it!
    Were you on? did your hat get air time?

Anonymous

sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you on this one. i’ve been so busy revising for my exams this year, that i’ve only just managed to watch the program myself tonight, let alone get on line! i didn’t rush to watch the program either, because some of my friends here who watched it said they didn’t recognise me. methinks :”oh, the shame!!! i’ve ended up on the cutting room floor!! “:cry: so when i finally watched the program tonight, i wasn’t really expecting much. The bit with us in was pretty close to the end, about 15mins- and as we were expecting, it only lasted a couple of minutes. anyway, i don’t know how good your memories are- but if any of you guys did watch it, there was a bit before the meteorite hunt started while we were all still gathered round the gazebo in the middle of this field. just before the expert (Rob Elliot) says “let me see your meteorite canes”, and as he’s explaining how bits of meteorite will leap onto the magnets we were given, you see ME in the middle of the screen!! ๐Ÿ˜€ unfortunately, the camera angle was such that you couldn’t quite see what was on my baseball cap (that was me wearing the black baseball cap!) (sorry Saddy!). what gets me though, is my own friends didn’t recognise me, even my useless other half!!! thanks, guys……. ๐Ÿ˜• oh well, better luck next time…..

theFrey
    Participant

ah well, a vallient effort none the less. I hope you enjoyed your self anyhow.

Good luck on the exams.

Anonymous

thank you, thefrey! first exam on the 13th is Planetary Science. second one on the 21st is Astronomy. hopefully when it’s all over, i can get on line a bit more. my studies seem to have taken over my after-work life completely this year. 24 hours a week i’ve had to find to study, on top of a full-time job and looking after the house and the dog ๐Ÿ™
    it was a fun day on the meteorite hunt. i’d definitely do it again. we all had whistles to blow when we found something, and when you keep hearing other people blowing theirs it makes you more determined to find something! things could have been different though, as far as getting Saddy’s name on TV was concerned. like i said, the weather on that day was a little changeable- i’d start off with a rain coat on, then take that off so that i had my fleece on, then that would come off so that you could see my Saddy t-shirt….then the whole lot would get put on again….off again….anyway, at one point, whilst i was wandering around with my t-shirt on full display, i came across a molehill and began poking at it with my cane (it’s been a little while (40 years!) since the original meteorite fell), because anything that had got buried was being dug up gradually by the moles. i’m in a world of my own, when i look round and there’s the camera looking straight at me! i’m like a rabbit stuck in the headlights of a car, when the cameraman says: “just blow your whistle, and point towards the ground like you’ve found something”. i says: “like this?”, and proceeds to blow the whistle, and NOTHING HAPPENS!!! cameraman: “dodgy whistle? that’s this cheapo production company for you. never mind, we’ll find someone else…”, at which point he and his assistant wander off in another direction. NOOOOOO COME BACK…….. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.