Interesting Products

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Interesting Products

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Lot of people over the years have lusted after my convention cart. The first time I took it to a trade show, I had several well dressed people of both sexes offer me serious bucks for it.

Why? It certainly wasn’t pretty, but the ease of lifting the lid and dropping in huge heavy electrical component catalogs, stashing much convention swag and actually having a place to sit and rest apparently excited envy. I did refine it a bit over the years…. Put a nice cloth cover over the outside of it so it looked a lot better… And found a suitcase that it would fit into so I could pack it and then transport it on a plane easier. ect….

Anyhooooo…. several people have expressed a wish for one, and behold what I found in a catalog while heading to Atlanta this summer… http://www.skymall.com/webapp/skystore?process=prodDisplay&action=zoom&pid=69651797&iscrssl=&catId=Search It is only $99.00 and comes in many colors. ๐Ÿ˜† Hey Micro….. hubby Ed really liked the whole concept of this, perhaps you need to get him one for Christmas. The lid on this one doesn’t open, but it has side pockets and the front flap seems easy enough to use. Also it has a bunch of neato pockets and such which mine lacks.

I am thinking of getting one for theSpouse…. he hates the way mine looks, but begrudgingly admits that it is handy to have when at a large trade show or convention. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understood that you would have already ordered one for yourself when you mentioned the cart HERE (click) a couple of months ago. So did you get one for yourself, and are now considering getting a second one for the husband’s exclusive use?

If so, I’ll mention that my wife is always trying to get us matching stuff, and it confuses the hell out of people. You wouldn’t believe the double and triple takes we’ve received when people look at us in our matching hiking boots… You can almost see the grinding cogs of their poor, confused brains working overtime as they try to sort out which is which, what is what, and who is who. ๐Ÿ˜†

theFrey
    Participant

Nope, still waiting Logan. TheFather has that info. For some reason, I cannot think why….. but my family seems to think I am hard to buy for. They keep fussing about me buying myself everything I want, and not leaving anything for them. Sooooooo theFather has the info on this….. and not that I think theFather may doesn’t love me or anything…… but two would be good. ๐Ÿ˜€ When we take old ugly to a show, there is sometimes the tenesiest tendency of theSpouse to forget that he wanted nothing to do with it and he loads it down or snags it to rest on. I figure if I get him one, then he can load down his own, which will leave more space for my stuff. Also, if by some mischance theFather changes his mind and gets me something else (which can happen as he is flighty) … well then I have theSpouse’s to use. ๐Ÿ˜€

Not that I would take something of theSpouse’s that doesn’t belong to me or anything….. well except for that really, really nice Sony laptop I gave him for Christmas that I took to DC…. and Austin…. and Sheevesport…. and is in my closet in a new case, with my favorite kind of mouse… ya know, he really should have suspected something when I totally upgraded it from the no-name he was looking at…. ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

I’ll mention that my wife is always trying to get us matching stuff, and it confuses the hell out of people. You wouldn’t believe the double and triple takes we’ve received when people look at us in our matching hiking boots… You can almost see the grinding cogs of their poor, confused brains working overtime as they try to sort out which is which, what is what, and who is who. ๐Ÿ˜†

Well matching is good, it means people don’t fight over it. I have found, that if I get something super wonderful…. I may as well just get another for theSpouse. He appreciates it, and it just means we have two incase the first one gets damaged or worn out.

We have lots of stuff the same, but I do try to mark which is whos…. That way when someone leaves theirs in the garage and has to clean off all the dust and junk we know who’s it is! ๐Ÿ˜›

theFrey
    Participant

Now this is a nice Christmas Pressy for some one that may be hard to buy for.

I have bought these for theFather, theBrother and theSpouse. They all loved them, in fact the one that theSpouse had was so popular that when it was stolen at the car dealership not even threats from the management could get it back. These were originally shaped like yellow foot balls, only available at Christmas and ran about $80.00 a piece. They are nicer and more affordable now.

Not only did it give theSpouse a flashlight that would work when ever…. but theLittlestNeice use to plug in her head phones, crank it up and listen to her tunes while we were on trips. She liked not having to worry about her batteries going dead in the middle of the trip, or having to bug the oldies to change the radio station for her. ๐Ÿ˜€

theGF bought one for her mother who liked to listen to the radio while working in the garden. She liked that no extention cord, no battery to worry about freedom. Of course the flashlight of last resort thing also worked for her. ;D

5-In-1 Emergency Radio & Spotlight #YW631
    Pick your power! Emergency Radio & Spotlight recharges by solar, hand crank and DC power. – $39.95

Lightweight, portable five-in-one emergency device features an AM/FM radio, spotlight, flashing light, siren and digital LCD alarm clock with snooze. To recharge, just position the pivoting solar cell collection panel toward the sun; or, if no sun, turn the hand crank or plug into a 12V DC power socket with its DC adapter/charger (included). Also runs on 3 AA batteries (SM660, order separately) or 2 AA NiCad rechargeable batteries (included). Measures 8 1/2″ x 3″ x 7″ and weighs less than 2 lbs. 90-day warranty.
    http://images.sharperimage.com.edgesuite.net/all/en/images/products/YW631-PIP.JPG

theFrey
    Participant

Two things here.

The first is a hysterical take off of that old union saying “An injury to one is an injury to all” Meaning of course, that just because the problem occurring is not happing to us, it still can affect us or our future working conditions. Well this one shop has a super cute version for the children of the united. A little something to get them started down the proper path. ๐Ÿ˜€

http://unionshop.aflcio.org and search for product # 393

The other thing I have already received as a present. That is an Ogo. http://attwireless.com/ogo/index.html I am in total and complete geek love. Yes I know I can get email on my cellphone, but it took forever, was hard to read and made me forward my email to a special address that they provided for me. Bleh! This is fast, and easy to read and lets me use my own pop3 email accounts (as well as my comcast cable one) and when I reply to people, it sends the message through my own account server. Yeah! This means of course that I can check AND respond to my emails with out using (or mis-using as they call it) my work computer. It also means that the emails will not have any annoying source tags tying them to my job.

I can also log on to my IM service without incurring the wrath of our IT guys. ๐Ÿ˜† Have I mentioned that I am in serious love here? I sat though a very, very boring assemble the other day and was able to not only get my emails as they arrived, but relieve my boredom by answering them right then and there.

It was only 109.00 and after my 30.00 rebate will be 79.00. The service charge is 17.00 a month (only 10.00 more than the lame im/mlife/email fee on my slow @ssed cellphone) and I can use it anywhere my cellphone service is. This will save me having to pay 10.00 a night when on a trip to check my email. That is good, but what is better is that I am no longer even borrowing the work comp to check my mail. muhahahahaha! One less handle on them for us. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sidhecafe
    Participant

That’s quite the nifty gadget you got there thefrey. I’m kind of a muppet when it comes to technology, though I’ve been very happy with my mobile phone I got in Sept.

I was just wondering though, how much do you email? Work vs. personal?

I’ve a friend whose working on a graduate degree studying how email communication has evolved/ is evolving.
    It’s very interesting don’t you think – we can stay in constant availability with mobiles now and the language we use electronically is a new dialect from spoken lauguage….

just me thinking over here! (again ๐Ÿ˜ฏ )

theFrey
    Participant
    Sidhecafe wrote:

That’s quite the nifty gadget you got there thefrey. I’m kind of a muppet when it comes to technology, though I’ve been very happy with my mobile phone I got in Sept.

I was just wondering though, how much do you email? Work vs. personal?

I’ve a friend whose working on a graduate degree studying how email communication has evolved/ is evolving.
    It’s very interesting don’t you think – we can stay in constant availability with mobiles now and the language we use electronically is a new dialect from spoken lauguage….

just me thinking over here! (again ๐Ÿ˜ฏ )

I do a ton of email at work. But also in RL. And amazingly, if I do not check my email several times a day…. that is the day that all the time sensitive stuff pops in. bleh!

Which is why I like this Ogo thing. I can hit the email update button hourly and check and return email without using my employers system. Big help! Especially on those rare occassions when a reporter actually trys to get the Unions point of view. Those people are on deadlines darn it. I was always missing then, since I COULD NOT reply on works system.

The constant IM is also very nice. Of course, we cannot IM at work, without eranged IT trolls swarming, so this makes it nice. I can occassionally actually have contact with theNeices in UK-land. They are usually in bed, by the time I get to my home computer. ๐Ÿ™‚

I LOVE this thing. TheSpouse asked if I had checked it out enough and wasn’t it time to pop it under the tree until Christmas. Muhahahaha never, never I say. I will not give it up for even one day! Ogo’s of the World Unite!

theFrey
    Participant

Please excuse the delay, but the Zuca Rolling tote was delayed from arriving.

The Rolling tote is pretty darn niffty. I ended up with a navy blue one, since the black were out of stock until the end of January. It has many compartments to keep your stuff in with out it all ending up in a big jumble at the bottom. The double wheels on the back are a bit strange, but they are suppose to help you go up stairs with it. Also the bottom sethave little lights in them that flash if you roll them fast enough…. yeah right, like that is going to happen when I walk. ๐Ÿ˜› It is okay to sit on, but not as comfort as the one I made as it is slightly smaller, not padded and needs to have the hadle all the way down to avoid damaging it. But on the plus side, it definately looks way cooler than my homemade one and will pass the luggage size tests for a carry on when flying. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.