Ionization

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

A subject that has me wondering – ionization. Ion particles are cleansing, a friend of my uncle’s nearly went up in flames with his house and suffered 3rd degree burns. His house had to be ionized for two years afterwards so he didn’t gte an infection.
    So ion particles are cleansing and if you get an ion storm, it rips everything apart – why? Okay, so storms can be fierce and rip things up – sometimes, it’d have to be on a cyclone level, though.
    So it’s mostly down to the ion particles to do all that ripping – so they must be stronger than steel to be able to rip it up, but if they are, then how come they’re still in the air and not dropping from weight?
    And if the ion particles are so strong, the ionization of a house would barely be possible, so what’s with it???

ADM
    Participant

I don’t know for sure, but I would hazard a guess at it being down to the reactive state of the particles.
    Like most atoms, if you excite them then they produce an energy source, with ions it could be possible to control their interaction, maybe exciting them on a small degree to cleanse a house (perhaps to remove any dangerous residue or chemicals left over from the fire), and too a larger degree to create enough power to acheive space flight.
    I’ve also heard that ionization can remove static build up, and that term has also applied to the planets atmosphere or a planets atmosphere.
    ADM

Anonymous

Good point…

Rag
    Participant

Baring in mind I’m no scientist (got a U in my Chemistry O’s, then went on to get a job as a chemist – of sorts… go figure)… Ions do not need to be harder than steel to rip it appart. Throw a lump of Blu Tack at a wall and you get a squidged lump. But give it enough velocity and it’ll punch a hole right through. As ADM said (and he sounded more like a scientist to me), it’s all down to the amount of energy the object has.

One thing that has always puzzled me though. Water is jam packed full of impurities. Distil it and the impurities get left behind. Makes perfect sense to me. But you, apparantly, get the same result if you de-ionize it (or is it ionize it? No I think it’s de-). HOW??? It’s still the same water in the same bottle. So where has all the crap gone? How did it get out? Or is it just some crazy scam to get you to buy bottles of the same stuff that comes out the tap in the vague hope that this will help stop your iron from getting knackered quick?

ADM
    Participant

No not a scientist but thanks for the compliment Rag!!!
    As far as I’m aware Ionization is caused by the use of electrons or an electron field, which causes Ion’s to seperate for a brief period of time and then recombine, this has the effect of a release of energy, which at at a low charge can remove impurities from the air and in water.
    In the case of a fire it may help with giving someone more time to breath if the fire has produced high levels of carbon monoxide, you can actually buy Ionized fire detectors, which may give you more time to flee before being overcome by noxious fumes.
    ADM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.