is it just me or is this board dead?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Angst is it just me or is this board dead?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Sexecutioner
    Participant

nobody seems to ever post here ๐Ÿ˜•

theFrey
    Participant

It’s you?

They are avoiding the place until you leave? ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it must be you, since I can see quite a few recent posts.

Quality is more important than quantity, and there’s a whole lot of quality here… Most people choose to post when they feel they have something interesting/insightful to say (I’m one of the few exceptions).

People tend to put some effort into their posts — they tend not to treat this board as a chat board… If chat is what you’re looking for, then I suggest you try SadCHAT.

Also, it’s important to keep in mind that the board is just one small, but important part of the site. And you’ll see that discussion (or comments) also happens in the news articles and in the downloads section etc.

There’s plenty of new and old posts that should arouse the serious, and not so serious, sci-fi afficionado. It’s a cult sci-fi lurker’s paradise, and a Spam-lover’s hell. There’s always something fascinating to comment on if one has the desire.

Sexecutioner
    Participant

when I come on this board it feels like nothings changed, I don’t see many posts, maby cause this board has too many forums.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a “Latest posts on SadBOARD” module on the homepage —> http://www.sadgeezer.com/html/index.php where you can see all topics recently responded to.

Concentrated posts (all in one forum) can lead to more posts, but I disagree about having too many forums. I like the organisation (far easier to find old threads of interest to me).

By the way, constructive feedback and site development/improvement suggestions are welcome, but I believe the most ideal place to discuss it is in, and someone please correct me if I’m wrong, the Discussion Forum Help forum… You need to apply to Forum Voice in the Usergroups and then, if you’ve been really good :lol:, you should be accepted for membership at which point you can post.

I gotta go… Big day for the family.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

I continue to bless this board with my comments at least once a week. That should be more than enough.

Although it does seem a little bit calmer. Maybe someone killed Fatguy.

*thinks*

It wasn’t me. It was the AMERICANS!

๐Ÿ˜›

Fatguy
    Participant
    lexxrobotech wrote:

I continue to bless this board with my comments at least once a week. That should be more than enough.

Although it does seem a little bit calmer. Maybe someone killed Fatguy.

*thinks*

It wasn’t me. It was the AMERICANS!

๐Ÿ˜›

Ok Lexxrobotech…..you are off the list….. Somebody killed my computers and I have my suspicions. Gone now, such is the nature of Amercian news. All true and if anyone is still interested in that sorry tale go here: Cyber War! That bit of misery (and BTW – they are all gone now…..safe to view!!!!!)kept me from actively participating at this venue for the past two weeks. Even today I spent six hours downloading all the files and backing up the database from our servers since these were lost on the attacks on my systems. Also I have less time and what time is left is taken up with reporting activites like the “Troll” interviews I did yesterday: Trolls Of Toronto. Someone tell me if that guy is packing a gun under his shirt…..

This weekend is a long one in the States and in the U.K. so things are slow right now. Plus the Canadians don’t want to feel left out so they deliberately avoid these venues so as to appear that we have lives….. ๐Ÿ˜†

kamisama103
    Participant

im to lazy to post….. sorry.

streudel
    Participant

maby cause this board has too many forums.

Personally, I like the way the board is divided up into different forums. It keeps things on-topic. In fact, we might consider adding a few more forums, just to keep things tidy and orderly. I’m thinking of a ‘Teen Angst’ or a ‘Flagrant Self-Promotion’ forum. ๐Ÿ˜›

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Heh, Welcome back Fatguy! ๐Ÿ˜€

Fatguy
    Participant
    lexxrobotech wrote:

Thanks, but the best welcome was having my post deleted in the “heros” thread….. ๐Ÿ˜†

theFrey
    Participant

Gosh, I wonder why? Could it have been annoying and dismissive of all the other posters?? Perish the thought!

Could it have been yet another attempt to attract the attention you feel you so desperately need? What am I thinking?

What’s a matter Maurice? Mants got you on a too short a lead over at Lexx.com, so you have to come here this weekend and get your fix without being banned? ๐Ÿ˜†

theFrey
    Participant
    kamisama103 wrote:

im to lazy to post….. sorry.

Been there, done that, and got the lurker coffee cup to prove it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sexecutioner
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

Gosh, I wonder why? Could it have been annoying and dismissive of all the other posters?? Perish the thought!

Could it have been yet another attempt to attract the attention you feel you so desperately need? What am I thinking?

What’s a matter Maurice? Mants got you on a too short a lead over at Lexx.com, so you have to come here this weekend and get your fix without being banned? ๐Ÿ˜†

….you remind me of Frasier Crane.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

What? thefrey is bald? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Well, as long as I don’t remind you of Niles.

Come to think of it, it would be nice if there was a show like Frasier that was set in the future. A bit of a twist. Or like Cheers, but with aliens and a human bar tender.

*runs off to the copy thingy to patent another stupid idea*

theFrey
    Participant

Can you see Fraiser and Niles coping with Kai, Xev and Stan?

Niles would have to woo Daphine away from the dead dude, while Fraiser tries to find out what exactly Stan needs to do to over come Xev’s refusal of him. (Since you are both stuck on this ship alone together, it makes no sense for you not to get along better.)

*theFrey runs after lexxrobotech to amend the copyright being filed*

streudel
    Participant
    Fatguy wrote:

lexxrobotech wrote:

Thanks, but the best welcome was having my post deleted in the “heros” thread….. :lol:[/quote]

Was that you, Frey? You’re my # 1 hero now. Scoot over Kai. ๐Ÿ˜‰

And to think I thought Maurice actually realised how patronising he sounded and deleted himself. Can you believe I seriously thought Maurice looked around and figured out that this a sci-fi fan forum, not an annex of his website? Heheheh, what the hell was I thinking? ๐Ÿ˜†

Here’s a freebie, Maurice. Just to show that there’s no hard feelings. You wouldn’t be the first person to insult my intelligence. ๐Ÿ˜†

http://www.fortressoffreedom.com

Happy? ๐Ÿ˜€ Now, can we pretty please go back to being ” cowardly ” and be allowed to discuss sci-fi without having to dodge Spam? Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€

Jhevz
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

By the way, constructive feedback and site development/improvement suggestions are welcome, but I believe the most ideal place to discuss it is in, and someone please correct me if I’m wrong, the Discussion Forum Help forum… You need to apply to Forum Voice in the Usergroups and then, if you’ve been really good :lol:, you should be accepted for membership at which point you can post.

I gotta go… Big day for the family.

Thanks very much & you’re correct with your information, Logan,
    You’ve posted the correct info & of course I’ll let her in if she so wishes; I’m glad you posted this info for me. I’m hoping she’ll read it & respond; & thanks again for posting the info.

Sexecutioner,
    I suggest reading what Logan has posted, then got to Discussion Forum Help & read about how to be a good poster & the alike that I’ve posted there; also, I’d like for you to sign up & begin posting there. That way, I can decide whether it’s readable or not; in any case, please read the info on Discussion Forum Help; I really do think you need to.

Posters Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

No, acutually, it was another moderator who did the honors. Amazingly enough one who had not previously deleted one of Maurice’s posts. Let hear it for the Mod! A milestone passed… or kidney stone perhaps. ๐Ÿ˜€

nursewhen
    Participant
    Sexecutioner wrote:

nobody seems to ever post here ๐Ÿ˜•

Yawn…
    You already covered that topic in your last incarnation. If you want fast moving boards, try not to get yourself banned off them.

Previous boring post

Fatguy
    Participant
    streudel wrote:

Fatguy wrote:

lexxrobotech wrote:

Thanks, but the best welcome was having my post deleted in the “heros” thread….. :lol:[/quote]

And to think I thought Maurice actually realised how patronising he sounded and deleted himself. Can you believe I seriously thought Maurice looked around and figured out that this a sci-fi fan forum, not an annex of his website? Heheheh, what the hell was I thinking? ๐Ÿ˜†

[/quote]

Funny thing that, I was actually going to delete that myself but fell asleep and it was gone when I got up. Point of fact was that…..we have been here so many times before. Actually I have been deleting many post here lately, then the threads got deleted, but the seach engines still have the posts in their cache…..oh well. My five heros (hope this does not get deleted ):

1. Charlie Brown.

2. Gerald Ford

3. Kurt Godel

4. That Chinese guy who stood in front of the advancing tank in Tiananmen Square (sp)

5. Gandhi

There are five in no particular order. Sorry Captain Kirk is no hero in my eyes, he is a tool of others….. As for the censorhip, whatever…..people find a reason to do whatever they wish and justify it afterward. That is why I always look for constitutions that impose limits of these types of activities (but that is just me…..).

Headgehog
    Participant
    Fatguy wrote:

Actually I have been deleting many post here lately, then the threads got deleted, but the seach engines still have the posts in their cache…..oh well.

How big are they?

I gotta admit that took serious chutzpah to bring up. Especially since you KNOW why that thread was deleted!

In your 383 posts, I don’t believe you’ve ever posted one thing about science fiction. You create a thread with nothing to do with scifi, get this site placed very high in two search engines for that search query. Our site does not need that kind of publicity, nor anything else you discuss here.

On May 10th, you edited all your posts in that thread, which read something to the effect of “edited to preserve this forum” or something else noble like that. A week and 6000+ hits later I accidentally discover that the thread is responsible for a renewed influx of visitors and odd search queries, and delete the entire thread. Not that it should matter to you, since you already deleted anything you had to say. Thanks for the prompt heads up on the place in the search engines. ๐Ÿ™„ This is a science fiction site, not a forum on democracy and free speech/journalism. The site has no official stance on the war and would like to distance itself from it.

As for the censorhip, whatever…..people find a reason to do whatever they wish and justify it afterward. That is why I always look for constitutions that impose limits of these types of activities (but that is just me…..).

Doctor heal thyself!

For the record I didn’t delete your post last night. But I am the one who’s banning your ass!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.