Is it possible to…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Is it possible to…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    breathe
    Participant

Hey everyone,

is it possible to take screen captures and sound bytes off DVDs played on a PC? and what software is needed to do it?

thanks

breathe

Anonymous

Screen captures are easy, you just need something like PowerDVD bundled with lots of PC DVD players.

Ripping sounds is a lot more complicated. I suggest DVD2Avi[/url] as a ripping tool because it converts the DVD files into a video and separate audio file (wav). You can then use a WAV editor (something like Audacity[/url]) to edit the soundfile to get the clip you want and save to either a WAV or MP3 file.

Hope that helps.

Barabbas
    Participant

Another way, that is if you have the hardware and it’s configuration, as you’re playing the DVD on your PC you can route the Speaker output in the microphone input with a 1/8″ m=m jumper plug and use what ever recording software you have to capture it that way. remember it’s a pure signal so you need to lower the volume in your DVD software and OS so it’s not distorted. Might take a few tries.

One more way is ask me, what do you need exactly. I have the facilities to do a whole mess of stuff….

breathe
    Participant

thanks guys!
    ๐Ÿ˜€

breathe
    Participant

Actually it’s even easier than I thought… Windows Media Player Version 9 has a Capture Image function in the View menu…
    ๐Ÿ˜›

breathe
    Participant

Okay, this is a long shot, but I’m not sure who to ask. ๐Ÿ™

When I originally posted this question, I was able to capture DVD images using Windows Media Player 9. Now I cannot, even though I’ve followed what it says in the help section about “ensuring the video renderer box is checked”.

Aaaaaargh! i don’t know whether installing something like PowerDVD will stop the player working, be a waste of money or whether I will be able to capture images again – and I need to, for Lexx’ sake!

Can anyone help me or suggest how I resolve this?

thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

you shoul dbe able to capture images from within PowerDVD itself.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Ummm….

You can also just press the “Print Screen” button on your keyboard, then open up a graphic program and click on edit, then paste.

It works on my laptop, and my home PC.

breathe
    Participant

Aye, well I could do that.
    Just wish the Win Media player hadn’t crapped out on it! ๐Ÿ™„

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.