Is No. 5 Alive?! (Prisoner Guide Help)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series The Prisoner Is No. 5 Alive?! (Prisoner Guide Help)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pet
    Participant

Hey! Q’s for Mr. Moderator (Logan…erm…Number 5). Twice I’ve stepped in here and seen a post asking for contributions to the (shhhh!) Prisoner Guide, and twice it has vanished without a trace? Do you need a Rover Exterminator, or what? I know a cruelty-free one:

Also, is it okay to link to pics in Sad’s downloads area for posts, too, or just guides? I don’t think I’ve seen it covered, but it kinda intimates you can in the “news” images area, so it occurred to me I should ask. šŸ˜³ Please edit me if I was in error with the above pic.

Anyhoo, the episodes as I see them go like this, bold taken (maybe):

Arrival
    Free for All

Dance of the Dead
    Checkmate
    The Chimes of Big Ben
    A,B and C
    The General
    The Schiziod Man
    Many Happy Returns
    It’s Your Funeral
    A Change of Mind
    Hammer into Anvil
    Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darling
    Living in Harmony
    The Girl Who was Death
    Once Upon a Time
    Fall Out

I would like to volunteer to do the guide for Living in Harmony and possibly A, B and C, if you don’t mind. I don’t know what I’ll say about the first one exactly, since as soon as I see this pic that looks a lot like Mr. Pet….

*THUD* šŸ˜†

83;D

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”83″ wrote:

Hey! Q’s for Mr. Moderator (Logan…erm…Number 5). Twice I’ve stepped in here and seen a post asking for contributions to the (shhhh!) Prisoner Guide, and twice it has vanished without a trace? Do you need a Rover Exterminator, or what? I know a cruelty-free one:

Also, is it okay to link to pics in Sad’s downloads area for posts, too, or just guides? I don’t think I’ve seen it covered, but it kinda intimates you can in the “news” images area, so it occurred to me I should ask. šŸ˜³ Please edit me if I was in error with the above pic …

I would like to volunteer to do the guide for Living in Harmony and possibly A, B and C, if you don’t mind. I don’t know what I’ll say about the first one exactly, since as soon as I see this pic that looks a lot like Mr. Pet….

Thanks! šŸ˜€

LOL, good old tubbies. šŸ˜€ Sad has said fairly recently somewhere that people can upload pics that they want to use in their posts to the News section. If it’s Prisoner related like that pic then the Prisoner image download section is the best place — I really do have to organise that section at some time — I can create subcategories. Something I didn’t think of when I started putting pics in there, I would like to categorise it. For instance, when submitting Prisoner pics from now to the Prisoner downloads it mould be easier to find if it has the episode listed and then a brief description in the file name. For instance: Arrival: Maid (then a more detailed description in the appropriate place). That way one can find all Arrival pics under A (nice alphabetical listing) If it’s Danger Man for instance, could do it thusly: Danger Man: Episode: Brief Description etc. I might put all pics not from the Prisoner in a Miscellaneous section. I’ll set it up properly in the next few days including a specific character’s section (Number 2’s etc.).

BTW, I deleted the topic twice partially because I felt the timing was not totally opportune (considering other posts)…. Yesterday the main reason I deleted it was because I felt it needed some editing and I went out for a long time and didn’t have time to edit it. Also, I was thinking of completing a few reviews before I bother other people about it. So far Arrival is the only one totally done, and that was completed five weeks ago — baby business is a real distraction (and I have to be in “the zone” to be inspired enough to write and be satisfied with what I write).

One reason why I thought posting this topic would be a great idea would be so that we could inspire eachother to gain Sad Prisoner immortality with a guide. I know for me feedback means a lot (mostly so I know if I’m going in the right direction when writing many reviews). Really appreciated your words on my first review, I worked particularly hard on it since it is the first, but was a little unsure of it. And since it does act as a sort of template for my other reviews, well I didn’t want to attempt the others until I knew if people thought that one was okay. The first review is the hardest (but it needn’t be very hard), but once you’ve got some feedback it becomes easier to move on to the others.

But I would appreciate any reviews or anything else. The ones I have completed, or have done a fair amount of work on are (working on several at once): Arrival (done), Free For All (up, but not nearly complete, every time I go to complete it the editor is down), The Chimes of Big Ben, The General, started on Dance of the Dead, and have most recently been working on A. B. & C. You can still do A. B. & C. if you want, I would like a diversity of reviews. Because I’ve already put quite a bit of work into it I will finish it. And I really want to do the final two eps since I’ve practically memorised them. The Girl Who Was Death is a fave of mine, but I don’t currebtly have access to that specific episode.

Many thanks for you offer, and I look forward to your reviews. šŸ˜€ Be sure to link them to the forum as soon as you can for feedback (a dedicated topic for each review would be nice so we can also discuss our thoughts on the actual episode as well as the review. I’d love to try my hand in the forum at some heavy episodic deconstruction and analysis).

BTW, here’s the topic I posted, but deleted (saved it in Word):

“A Prisoner Guide would be a fine addition to the board. If youā€™d like to contribute, well that would be fantastic! You will of course receive full-credit for your submissions.

The GUIDES (see top left of the screen) are in several malleable sections. They generally contain:

Episodes
    People
    Cultures
    Ships
    PURITY TEST

There may be different sections we’d like to add as well. I’m particularly looking forward to the Cultures (ā€œitā€™s very cosmopolitanā€) which would partially focus on the classes of the Villagers (wards and wardens) and on the classes of the Villagers (Observers, Supervisors etc.). And of course thereā€™d be a Village People section (or Numbers section). The ships one will be quite easy: the stone boat; rafts; etc.

The biggest job is the reviews of course; 17 episodes of adventure, intrigue, suspense, humour, and fun.

I don’t mind if there’s redundancy in reviews (more than one person taking on the same episode), in fact, it would be interesting to get different perspectives in the guide.

BTW, even capsule reviews would be very helpful. Your reviews needn’t be very long, and the style is up to you.

If you are to submit materials, I just ask that they’re not in exceedingly questionable taste, are spell-checked, and most importantly, that the work is original — i.e. your own.

The materials can be uploaded using the Submit Review link on the Main Menu (be sure to use the editor when it comes up). If you have images that you would like to use in the reviews or other sections of the guide, then you should use the Submit Media link, also on the “Main Menu”.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, with a few people to bounce ideas off, the task should also be fairly easy, and a lot more fun.

Be seeing you,
    Logan5

If you’d like to help, have any ideas or questions, please post here or email me.

Btw, while I’m talking about the guide, here’s a little Prisoner Purity test I made some time ago (an unmutual test?). Feel free to submit your own questions here:

Prisoner Purity Test

Much of this test is told from the point of view of The Prisonerā€¦

What is/are Rover/s?

a) Your inflatable friend thatā€™s fun to be with.
    b) Big and bouncy balls that are fun to play with.
    c) Big and bouncy balls that are really best not taken out in public.

Who is The Prisoner?

a) John Drake
    b) The Village Idiot.
    c) Some guy.

Who is Number 6?

a) He is not a number.
    b) He is a free man.
    c) or Six of none, half a dozen of the nother.

What is the Village?

a) A nudist retreat.
    b) A leper colony.
    d) A small town.

{Well this one’s just silly lol}

Never trust a womanā€¦

a) Even the four-legged variety
    b) Especially the eight-legged Black Widow variety.
    c) Because theyā€™ll always try to toy with boobs such as yourself.

You wake up one morning and find yourself in The Village: What do you do?

a) Look for the nearest Pub.
    b) Go back to sleep.
    c) Wonder if itā€™s too late to withdraw your resignation.

[Ah, just a nonsense one.]

Why?

a) Does not compute
    b) Because it is.
    c) Why not?

Why did Number 6 resign?

a) He needed a vacation.
    b) Because he would not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, dressed, undressed, or numbered.
    c) Number 6 didnā€™t resign.

Who is Number 1?

a) You are number 6.
    b) Riker
    c) Numero Uno.

In A Change of Mind, is The Prisoner declared:

a) Unmutual.
    b) Asexual.
    c) Mind your own business.

The Prisoner prepares a sculpture for an Arts and Crafts Competition, which of the following best describes the piece?

a) Escapist art.
    b) Conceptual art.
    c) Artsy fartsy.

Where am I?

a) In the Village.
    b) Neither here nor there.
    c) This is all some kind of strange, surreal dream. Hang on, but if this is a dream, then why isnā€™t Number 2 covered in whip cream?

[Uh, yeah… ]

Whose side are you on?

a) The wrong side.
    b) The right side.
    c.) The left side.

What is the Butler:

a) Your manservant.
    b) Your “little guy”
    c) Short.

Oh, one other thing, if you want to submit pics in The Prisoner section of downloads (there are many, mostly thanks to Pet), it may be easiest if you use this format: Episode: Description. I’ll have to categorise it and sub-categorise it at some time; also with some non-specifically Prisoner sections.”

[End of my last transmission].

pet
    Participant
    ”Number wrote:

But I would appreciate any reviews or anything else. The ones I have completed, or have done a fair amount of work on are (working on several at once): Arrival (done), Free For All (up, but not nearly complete, every time I go to complete it the editor is down), The Chimes of Big Ben, The General, started on Dance of the Dead, and have most recently been working on A. B. & C. You can still do A. B. & C. if you want, I would like a diversity of reviews. Because I’ve already put quite a bit of work into it I will finish it. And I really want to do the final two eps since I’ve practically memorised them. The Girl Who Was Death is a fave of mine, but I don’t currebtly have access to that specific episode.

Wow! You’ve gotten pretty far! šŸ˜€

I only mentioned A,B and C because it reminds me of the Farscape episode. Hoszabout I do Hammer into Anvil and Living in Harmony. It might be fun to also do a review with speculative pics of The Outsider and Don’t Get Yourself Killed. Then Sad’s would be the only place with a working guide to all 19 episodes. šŸ˜† Assuming I can get my Corel to save again; Edit: it only allows me to resize, convert, mask and add limited text. At least I got it up to that much. For some reason painting is too much for it and it crashes. šŸ™

I know you like Sonja, so you should be the one to do The Girl who was Death, of course, when you get access to it again. I am still angry with that episode for being the one to convince me not to watch any more of the Prisoner in college. šŸ˜” I don’t know where to begin with the final 2 on my own site, so you are welcome to those! In my mind, you’re smart!

So far (for my own reference) it looks like this:

Arrival
    Free for All
    Dance of the Dead
    Checkmate
    The Chimes of Big Ben

The Outsider
    A,B and C
    The General

The Schizoid Man
    Many Happy Returns
    It’s Your Funeral
    A Change of Mind

Hammer into Anvil
    Don’t Get Yourself Killed

Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darling

Living in Harmony
    The Girl Who was Death
    Once Upon a Time
    Fall Out

…For that matter we could eventually throw in Colony Three and The Hunting Party. šŸ˜›

(Keep in mind I’ll be doing this at work, in my head, so that’s why I’m choosing eps I’ve practically memorised or that I can reference on break like the unused ones. Don’t expect much right away. They will be very different from the style I’m using on my site.)

”Number wrote:

There may be different sections we’d like to add as well. I’m particularly looking forward to the Cultures (ā€œitā€™s very cosmopolitanā€) which would partially focus on the classes of the Villagers (wards and wardens) and on the classes of the Villagers (Observers, Supervisors etc.). And of course thereā€™d be a Village People section (or Numbers section). The ships one will be quite easy: the stone boat; rafts; etc.

You know, the cultures are pretty well deconstructed in the GURPS book, I could easily do a basic outline of that for you to play with how you liked (it would probably be better for me to send the basics and someone else to organise, since we don’t want me just to rehash the RPGuide), and if you changed “Ships” to “Technology” there would be plenty to cover.

I will get you the current Numbers list in a bit. šŸ˜€

Pet;D

P.S. Since you’re doing Dance of the Dead, did you know that Angela Lansbury dresses as Little Bo Peep at a masquerade ball in the Manchurian Candidate? They used a combination of drugs and light to brainwash the main character in that.

EDIT: This is my favorite! šŸ˜†

In A Change of Mind, is The Prisoner declared:

a) Unmutual.
    b) Asexual.
    c) Mind your own business.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.