Is Sarah Michelle hated?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

She was conspicuous by her absence at the wind-up party last week. Could it be that there is some bad feeling between her and the rest of the crew – ie. because she decided to leave the show?

Anonymous

i read something about fredie (prince jr) saying she didnt get the credit she deserved in/from the show.

somthing about people not leaving egos behind, but the only people who have really gone really far from buffy are her, alison (willow), Antony (giles) and maybe joss wedon so who out of those was “the problem” i dont know

Beebop -bel
    Participant

😡 Man! I post the damn thing and then I find this one!!!! check out my comments meant for this thread under the ‘who’s gonna die’ (ooOoer!) post….its quite interesting.

to all the Aussies out there…did anyone read the same mag? I think it was a NW or may a Who? im not not making this up!

bonnee
    Participant

i’m not sure how credible the source is – an ‘insider’ provides the inside gossip – but

Article from women.com

word of warning – if you don’t want to know how buffy ends, skip the first paragraph.

Anonymous
    bonnee wrote:

… word of warning – if you don’t want to know how buffy ends, skip the first paragraph.

I wouldn’t worry bonnee, the reporter most certainly didn’t see the final show and that first paragraph might have been talking about the show rather than the character.

Can’t say much more without spoilers

Anonymous

Here’s a relevant bit of discussion from an interview Joss did with MSN…You can tell he’s being, um, diplomatic, but the bits between the lines are pretty much spelled in boldface.

MSN: Well, there’s been a lot of rumors about the Sarah Michelle Gellar stuff lately, about her relationship with cast and crewmembers on the show, about how she was difficult to work with the last year and some animosity… and I guess I’m wondering if that led to things wrapping up?

JW: People are always getting everything wrong. There were difficulties, but they weren’t just in the last year; they were in the seven years. There were animosities between cast members, there were fits, there was bad behavior … There was also an extremely professional cast who always showed up, did their work, knew their stuff and, um, ultimately got along very well. I mean, I’ve seen the sets where the rumors are worth having. Yes, there’s definitely been a separation between the star and the rest of the cast. The show is not perceived as the ensemble show it is by anybody except the die-hard fans, and that’s frustrating I think for the rest of the cast. But the fact of the matter is everyone was there to get the job done and if that’s difficult, then difficult is not a problem. I’ve worked for “Roseanne.” (chuckles)

bonnee
    Participant

Another not so crytic reference to SMG, this time from Salon. Apparently she’s ‘special’.

(they have two major articles on the show this week)

This last season has been about that, taking the idea of how the
    Slayer is different from other people and really exploring it. The last
    episode is in fact about that very issue. Part of that has to do with
    where we want to go with the message of the season, which is really contained in the last episode, deal with the idea of separateness. And honestly, some of that comes from the actors. Ultimately there always had been some separation between the star and the ensemble. You find that bleeds into your storytelling. The way that Giles got hipper and Willow got sexier. Because that’s who [the actors] were. You live with these people and interact with them for the past seven years and that
    starts to creep in. The whole “I’m a stalwart hero who does the job” sort of came from Sarah [Michelle Gellar] a bit.

It also came from “I’ve come back from the dead!” This is no small
    thing, no coming out of the shower. You don’t buy that back cheaply. Whereas last year Buffy went to a place of dark questioning, which is very much not Sarah, this year was about “OK, I have this power that sort of separates me from the rest of the world,” which in a weird way is the life of a star.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.