It’s back!!! And “20th Century Boys” (Japan)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub It’s back!!! And “20th Century Boys” (Japan)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome back sadgeezer.com — thought I might not see you again!  *cracks open a beer in honour of this venerable site*.

So anyone catch any good sci-fi of late?

EDIT: I haven’t seen much, but when I was flying from Japan about a month and a half ago I caught the first two parts of a movie that I really enjoyed (mind you, I don’t really enjoy flying, unless it’s by the seat of my pants, so any decent diversion is a good diversion).  It was 20th Century Boys (based on the manga of the same name).

See youtube for parts 1 and 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMWI48iZN8k, or better yet, rent the DVDs if available in your area.  I’m looking forward to part 3.

theFrey
    Participant

*thefrey* does a happy dance!!!

SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Whoohoo!

Finally got my passowrd to the site sorted out!  How sad is that!

Thanks guys,  i’m really glad to have got the site back again.  Just trying to tide things over for a few days before continuing to get stuff back up.

The way this will work is that I’ll rip out all the complex modules and gradually get the content back on-line properly. 

I’m so happy that you guys are back – nice to see you again  🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Odd I thought I posted in this topic yesterday.  Been so busy with work of late that I’ve been a bit more flighty than usual. 🙂

It really is great to see you both!

Anonymous
    Inactive

20th Century Boys 3: Redemption opened in Japan and San Francisco some weeks ago. Yeah, the trilogy may be overblown and melodramatic, but I enjoyed the first two parts of the trilogy. I’ve read that it’s the most expensive production to come out of Japan.

Here’s the trailer for part 3, and I hope I get the chance to see it in Vancouver ere long.

For some reason (currently disabled?) I can’t see the option for embedding videos now, so here’s a hyperlink instead:

Pretty cool, huh?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.