It’s the END you fools and that means the END!!!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx It’s the END you fools and that means the END!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

IMO:

I don’t know why there is all this speculation about a “possible” fifth season of this obvious cult sci fi series. 4.24 Yo Way Yo said THE END at the end of it, did it not? Did not McManus say that he was not interested in doing anymore? And by the way- no offense to Downey, but isn’t he going to be 58 this year and might he want to retire one of these days. I am not saying that he’s an old fart, I am just saying that we should all, if anything, give them all at least a three year break. It took them like what? 8 years to do Lexx? Give it up people! We’ve had our fun and we’ll soon have all of the DVDs as well. Besides I think that if Lexx were to ever come back it would a) have to become greater than just a cult series and b) wolven into some new incarnation, which is what they did for TNG- ressurrected it for a new era. If this ****es anyone off hey ban me from this weeping hasbeen of a site. Lexx is OVER! So enjoy the repeats because they’re all we’ve got for a very very very long time.
    IMO

(Post Script: If it was to come back, with ALL the good/bad characters you and I love, I’m pining for a T.V. thing. But I still say that if it does it will be awhile from now. It is September 15th 2002 already and what do I see on T.V.? No new Lexx! What a freakin’ surprise! What do I hear in any chat rooms or discussion forums? What if this’s and thats, but hey! No real information. Just speculation, rumour and hopes. Well keep your hopes, dispell the rumours and speculation ’cause In My Humble Opinion I might add that we should all be orgasmically happy that we got this highly underrated series anyway, what with the poor promotion and all. Peace.

“Thank you for your sweetly faked attention.”- Kurt Vonnegut

theFrey
    Participant

Fred, it is a game. Like Fantasy Football. Chill Dude.

Flamegrape
    Participant

No kidding! Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, boy! Why are you peeved that fans speculate about a continuation of the story? Isn’t that what fandom is all about? Do you actually think for a second that we all cling to some blind and unswerving faith that our favorite show will return? F*CK, NO!

It’s up to fans and inspired artists and writers to pick up where the series left off. And that is what we’re trying to do right now. Some people write fanfics. Others are creating works of art. There’s one fellow who’s been making a really cool-looking comic. Myself, I have ambitions of maybe producing a videogame.

Are you suggesting we all just stop everything? Not talk about the show at all? Not discuss any ideas whatsoever?

[ 16-09-2002: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

mandara k
    Participant

, honey do you need a glass of water or something; may be put your head between your knees?

It’s ok; even for a cult show and one not well advertised LEXX had and has a following; and like anything that is different new peeps find it every day. Besides, the important thing is that it inspires others to try something; whether that be making a video game or writing a story or creating art or even finding the courage to post. There may be no more Lexx my friend but with all thse good intentions, and ideas swirling around may be someone will create something that could be a futuristic Vonnegut.

I for one want to give it a chance

mandara k
    Participant

“You’re not the boss of me now!”

mandara k
    Participant

Oh yeah, and BTW we are not all so removed from reality that we like to talk about this show. For me personally, it’s entertaining; because in reality i work in Intensive Care Units and today I’m working in a Pediatric ICU and yesterday 1 baby was admitted that is less than two months old whose father spanked him and shook him so hard he stopped breathing. Don’t tell me about “real life” okay?

Anonymous

Did I say anyone was psychotically inclined? No! All that I said was that all you fans, and excuse my langauge, need to chill. Lexx is over. It ain’t gonna come back, not the same way with the same people anyways. And by the way m.k. I LIVE with disability because of what my burth mom did to me. I’m not attempting to be nasty, I’m just saying that I LIVE with that reality every single day. I do not hate her but I wish what I have on no one.

“I’m a doctor, not an escalator!”- “Bones” McCoy “Friday’s Child- TOS S2

Anonymous

birth….sorry.

“Let’s Go!”- Lt. General Romeo Dallaire

theFrey
    Participant

Fred the show is over. We. Know. That.

This is a game.

Just like the Napoleonic war is over. We know that too. Yet all around this country, thousands of people get together every weekend and war game. Why? Maybe it is a time period that interests them, maybe they like the strategy, maybe they like trying different things and speculating about what would have happen if Napoleon had done this, or the English had done that. It is fun, and they enjoy it.

I am not sure, what it is about this game that upset you. But we like to do it, and if it gets silly, well that can be fun too. No one is thinking of trying to persuade Salter Street to run with this as an idea for next season. So, really it is harmless. It is just one more way that Lexx entertains us.

theFrey
    Participant

mandara k
    Participant

Sorry dude just venting. I think that if the “fantasy Lexx” bothers you so very much don’t read it; introduce a topic; it can’t hurt.

take it easy

Anonymous

Everyone knows that Lexx is over and probably won’t return but I personally enjoy reading new storylines dreamed up by the imaginative Lexxians…It hurts no one and probably helps many…..creativity is always a positive thing, the show is over but the fans live on….thank goodness!! And I think it is the ultimate compliment to the cast and crew to have made such an impression on many people, myself included…
    Lexx was “different” and never made any apologies for it… I think that Lexx will be discussed and reviewed for many years to come…..

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Did I say anyone was psychotically inclined? No! All that I said was that all you fans, and excuse my langauge, need to chill. Lexx is over. It ain’t gonna come back, not the same way with the same people anyways. And by the way m.k. I LIVE with disability because of what my burth mom did to me. I’m not attempting to be nasty, I’m just saying that I LIVE with that reality every single day. I do not hate her but I wish what I have on no one.

“I’m a doctor, not an escalator!”- “Bones” McCoy “Friday’s Child- TOS S2

Yep, LEXX is OVER, the offical fanclub is DEAD and the trading cards are a FLOP.

Hope you’re happy….

Flamegrape
    Participant

The trading cards are far from being a flop! They will be quite the collectors item in the future…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.