"It’s the one that says: Sad Mutha…."

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx "It’s the one that says: Sad Mutha…."

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Okay, what I want to know is this..

After reading some replies to a few posts around here and even elsewhere lately..

I notice only a handful of people ever post around here.. so my question is:

“How does a mere handful of sad geezers create such powerful ripples throughout the entire LEXX fandom? And why are these other people not posting here?”

-The most powerful BBoard in the 2 univerese

Cheers, Tony

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    Okay, what I want to know is this..

After reading some replies to a few posts around here and even elsewhere lately..

Cheers, Tony

hey x, i think there are a lot of lurkers who never post, same as me on the other boards…the reason i think this is that i have seen references on other boards to what we have posted here…i guess people find their own niches; i like the discussions here with you guys, whereas scifi has a lot of fanfics and less dialogue…keb i don’t visit that often, and lexxbored is down

Anonymous

I’ve been to these other Lexxy places and some are kinda good, but none of them can compete with Saddy’s (he should open a chain of restaurants…Planet Saddy???).
    Lexx is about having fun, and we do a lot of that here, no silly bitching (Ok, once in a while) to be found here.
    I personally think that all forums should be like this, but we are all responsible for the feel good factor of this board…and where else could a daft cluster lizard indulge in being silly!!!
    And of course not forgetting the amount of stuff we get to hear about from almost the horses mouth…FX and Saddy.
    Love to you all,
    Squishy

Headgehog
    Participant

I’d have to agree with you FX. I’m typically a very shy and non-talkitive person, but I’ve been reading the sadboards almost twice daily for nearly a year. But I’ve only really started posting here for the past few months, and typically about once a week. But what I do find out here I usually pass on to other people through scifi.com or by word of mouth. This is defiantly the best place to find out anything Lexx related. Other boards just don’t compare.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    But what I do find out here I usually pass on to other people through scifi.com or by word of mouth. This is defiantly the best place to find out anything Lexx related. Other boards just don’t compare.

fx, minister of disinformation, preens …thanx headgehog, and glad you finally started speaking up!

Anonymous

i agree

Anonymous

Thanks for the support you guys Your kind words are really appreciated.

I think that there are a lot of peeps that check out the SadBOARD and a few have emailed me. Occasionally I get messages from peeps who tell me that they will post messages but don’t actually get round to doing so. X’s comments lead me to believe that a few Sci Fi fans that visit are a little nervous about posting.

That’s a shame, but also it’s not completely surprising, a lot of peeps checkout lots of boards but post only to a few (I’m one myself). And it has to be said that there are some pretty powerful personalities on this board with a particularly sharp wit. I think however, that we’re a friendly bunch and I regularly see moderators such as Blackie and FX welcoming newbie’s.

To give you an indication of board view figures, this has been a low month (peeps returning to college and work after the summer break), but it still shows a lot of page hits:

quote:

Current Status of SadBOARD – Sci Fi Discussion Forum
    You have 307 registered members.
    You have 23 forums.
    Page views this month (09/2001): 38205
    Your message board is OPEN.