It’s Tor Johnson’s Birthday!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff It’s Tor Johnson’s Birthday!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

Many of you Mystery Science Theater: 3000 fans may remember Tor Johnson. I hold a very special place in my heart just for him! Here’s the quote from today’s Satellite News: This Day in History:

1903: TOR JOHNSON, who portrayed lumbering, bald Lobo in episode 320- THE UNEARTHLY and essentially the same character again in episode 423- BRIDE OF THE MONSTER. He was also bald and lumbering in episode 621- THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS.

Tor Johnson also appeared in the dreaded Ed Wood cinemagraphic horror, Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Tor Trivia (from Brian’s Drive-In Theater):
    “Due to his sheer bulk, Johnson had the unfortunate tendency of shattering toilet seats when he sat on them, which explains his habit of stealing toilet seats from the hotel rooms he stayed in. He also drank copious amounts of beer (usually a case at a time), and dessert for Tor often included gallons of ice cream.”

[ 19-10-2001: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Many of you Mystery Science Theater: 3000 fans may remember Tor Johnson. I hold a very special place in my heart just for him!

Well, a happy birthday to you, Tor, wherever you are! And may the angels be supplying you with a never-ending supply of ice cream and beer.

I once played (with heavy padding and a bald cap, before I started shaving my head) Tor in a student film. Ah, the “Big Swede With a Heart of Gold” has always been one of my favorite folks.

And it’s as true today as it was when Tor first said it in The Unearthly,

“Time for go to bed.”

–Aleck

Anonymous

i see i’m not the only one who has this problem with toilet seats.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.