I’ve been meaning to post this for a while now…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Animated Cult Sci Fi Tripping the Rift I’ve been meaning to post this for a while now…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

A few days after a emailed Chris Moeller about the sadguide and asking for an update on the show, he put this message up on trippingtherift.com

quote:

Arrivederci, Tripping The Rift
    So, why no updates for 7 months? The answer is simple: we have no idea what’s going with the TV show. That’s because we’re not even working on it. Once the deal was made and the budget figured out, Chuck and I were deemed expendable. It didn’t seem personal – just a case of a small budget spread very thin.
    Of course we were disappointed, but after all we’ve gone through with this thing over the past five years, disappointment was something we were used to. But there was also a feeling of relief. TTR was completely out of our hands at last, so we could move on without looking back any more. A bittersweet but cathartic end.

But this Tripping The Rift experience was an interesting one, and despite the gloomy nature of this post, more good than bad came out of it. The best was getting to meet some amazing people, as well as receiving some great emails over the years. Having Chode made into a squeak toy was pretty damn cool as well.

Episode 2?
    As I’ve said in the past, episode 2 has been done since I released that teaser eons ago, but if or when it gets released is up to Film Roman. I will say, however, that you’re not missing much. A lot of people added their two cents to the story, and in the end it became an unfunny mess. A textbook case of too many cooks.

So…
    Perhaps some day there will be new life here at trippingtherift.com, but for now I will bid you adieu. You guys are what made TTR and this site a success, and for that you have my thanks. It was a good run while it lasted.

Any new stuff I do will most likely end up on darkbunny.com. Yes, I know it’s been dead for the longest time, but that will change soon enough. Until then, thanks for the support – and some day if the TTR series hits the airwaves, I’ll be just as curious as you as to how it turns out.

Well there’s a lot of information there to absorb.
    A few ideas have come to mind:

• The shows creators have been axed. How will this affect the content of the show?
    • It hints that Episode 2 is something of a let down. A case or too man cooks in the kitchen, maybe.
    • Does scifi still have plans to show TTR?

I contacted scifi programming about a month ago and they didn’t give me a response. (It’s no real surprise, since I emailed duirng the farscape fiasco. That and they really dont give a **** about the fans anyway)
    Finally after looking at CineGroupe’s website, it states:

quote:

This strength and diversity is continued in their alliance with Canada’s leading CGI and special effects production company, Cinegroupe. The companies are combining their creative strengths by developing and producing numerous projects over the course of the coming year. Their first project together, the edgy Tripping the Rift, will be making its debut on the Sci Fi Channel in mid 2003.

I guess that the release been moved from the first quarter to around May or June, sicne this is the most up to date inforamtion I have.

Anonymous

WoW! Wadda post!

I can’t believe Chris Moeller is gonna take all this lying down or inded that he’s prepared just to let it all go like that!

That was a pretty sad looking post. I wonder what stuff he missed out.

Did you get a reply from your emails. I know I’ve been trying lately to contact him without much success, did you have any luck?

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I can’t believe Chris Moeller is gonna take all this lying down or inded that he’s prepared just to let it all go like that!
    Did you get a reply from your emails. I know I’ve been trying lately to contact him without much success, did you have any luck?

I don’t think he did take it lying down. Wouldn’t you fight, lie, cheat, steal, and beg if the project you’ve worked so hard on for years gets taken from you? The part at the end where he mentions that Episode 2 wasn’t that good, despite telling us for a year otherwise, makes it seem like there may be some bad blood there.

I never got a reply to my email. But his message going up shortly I contacted him, (with offers of using this site as an alternate place for fans to dl clips, and the use of this forum) makes me think (in an egotisitical sort of way) that he felt it was time to break the news to the TTR community. I’ll take that as a psuedo reply.

Of course I could just be over-anaylzing things, and be wrong.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.