I’ve made the reservations for Atlanta & Dragon*Con

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions I’ve made the reservations for Atlanta & Dragon*Con

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    This past Tuesday, I made my reservations for Atlanta ^ Dragon*Con; I used AAA for my flight reservations, which I highly recommend, & made my hotel reservations through the Super 8 Hotel in Atlanta; I made them for 8/29, so that I can be rested up for the convention, since I’ll be flying down from the west coast; then I’ll fly back home on 9/2 (Labor Day).
    If you still would like a roommate & are planning to go to the convention, I’ll be glad to have you as a roommate. If you’d like more info on or about me, you may check 1 of the 2 previous posts on this board, or if you perfer, you can e-mail me & I’ll be glad to give you more info there. I’ll be flying to Atlanta, GA the day before the convention, 8/29 & be flying back home on 9/2.
    Take care, have a great Summer & see you all at Dragon*Con.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

mandara k
    Participant

I’m going really early so I can do what I usually do ( and what I could not do in Hali) which is to travel around and walk around a city to get a feel for it.

Well, that’s not exactly true. In Hali, after a trip to the Seahorse Thursday night that culminated with a bubble fest and watergun fight and the carving of our names in a bench; we met friends of another dude we newly met and preceded to have a parade down the street about 2 am in the morning where we met up with a street magician who showed us card tricks and some punk chick who rode our other new friends skateboard down the street and practiced tricks; all as we walked back to the dorm.
    My famous pearl of wisdom that night if I remember is: I Can Follow if I can Keep you in Sight. They thought is was profound; I thought I was just me yacking as usual.

We also found out in a small way other Hali peeps view of LEXX (when they knew what it was) and it was interesting to say the least.

So this time I’ll try to vacation in Atlanta. I keep telling myself it will be different; I will be on my own and I won’t feel like Mother Hen and have the freedom to go if I need to. So, I’ll scope the area for the closest bar, the cutest bartender and or waitstaff, best coffee, nearest coffee, closest drugstore, and for me the closest karoake bar, and how to get to SixFlags the fastest to ride coasters ( not neccesarily in this order)Oh, and I’ll hit an art museum if I get a chance.
    I can try to hook up with you Jheva but for now I think I’d better room by myself in case I have to leave the festivities too soon.

Peace,

Mandara K

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.