Jack Kirby Prisoner comic (color)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series The Prisoner Jack Kirby Prisoner comic (color)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pet
    Participant

I’m still unable to actually paint anything with Corel on my new computer that was supposed to solve all my problems, (that’s not entirely true, I can paint, it just gives me that “Send error message to Microsoft” πŸ™„ when I try to save. Won’t save anything if I use the paint brush. *screams in rage, pulls remaining three hairs out*)

But, it does let me use the color replacer, so as long as I have this black and white unfinished comic, I’m using it to test the bugs out, until I get re-frustrated, that is. I wish I could have blended the colors better, but it’s not to be.

The file is giant, so here’s a small one to click on:

Brown didn’t look right for the jacket, so I used Pantone Black 6. Curious as to whether the rest of the colors are “Village” enough, or too bright. When y’all have time, toss me a little input. There are 16 more pages to go. Be finished by 2006.

Fatguy
    Participant

I will be honest with you and tell you that brightened my day! I have been in a strange funk the last couple of days (almost a depression today…..), so mission accomplished Pet! As for colors, a bit bright for the sombre “Prisoner”, but cartoons…..get a lot of leeway….. πŸ˜‰ Patrick looks pretty depressed (but what else is new πŸ˜† ) – but who am I to comment on work that is beyond me. I visited your site a couple of times looking for your next inspiration – nice twist and best of luck.

Maurice

Fatguy
    Participant
    pet wrote:

I’m still unable to actually paint anything with Corel on my new computer that was supposed to solve all my problems, (that’s not entirely true, I can paint, it just gives me that “Send error message to Microsoft” πŸ™„ when I try to save. Won’t save anything if I use the paint brush. *screams in rage, pulls remaining three hairs out*)

You could try these guys: PC Guide. Helped me many times and usually have something to say. I also have Corel products, perhaps it is time to move on to other applications even if you are used to Corel…..but then again I am an “idiot newbie” in these areas….. πŸ˜‰

Maurice

pet
    Participant

I’m afraid moving on to other comparable products will cost me nearly $800. I’m not spending that on a hobby, and I don’t steal software, so it’s either fix it or forget it.

I’m in an endless loop of what they call “swinging” in tech support terms… when they don’t know and formatting doesn’t work, they “swing” you to another company. “Must be a problem with XP, must be a conflict with Pinnacle”, blah blah, AOL has even been known to tell people they have too much memory to get them off the phone and reduce their call times.

Back to the subject at hand… one thing I noticed about the Kirby comic, Number 6 would not be caught dead in a jacket that wrinkled!

BTW, FYI, this is the Prisoner comic assigned to Jack Kirby and cancelled by Marvel twice. The first issue was fully drawn, but the project was pulled part of the way through the inking and before there was any color added.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks good. Even though No. 6’s jacket was really brown, you were right not to use it. In The Prisoner’s film colouration process (or whatever), the jacket appeared to be just the right shade of black on film, so…

Sometimes it appeared a little blacker than at other times, right? Your black jacket is very black indeed. It’s like “How much more black could this be? And the answer is β€˜None …. None more black’” (Nigel Tufnel).

Actually, of course it could have been blacker. “Pantone Black 6,” I take it that was not an arbitrary choice.

The colours should be rather bright and garish; think you’ve done a pretty good job with the colouration — I do wish he was a little less tanned. So much depends on how you have the colours set up on your monitor etc. On mine he’s very beige indeed. But the rooves are a lovely terra cotta shade (quite muted).

Difficult to judge the colours when every system is a little different, but it looks good to me.

Great comic, look forward to seeing the whole thing. πŸ™‚

Anonymous

Really cool Pet! The colors, including the skin tone, look right on my monitor. The black and blue balance on the outfit works well too. I had no idea Marvel ever tried to do a Prisonercomic.
    Jeez, seeing a Jack Kirby drawing is a blast from the past–my brother and I had a pretty good collection of Fantastic Fourcomics–among others–back then.

My sister in law did coloring for Marvel for a couple of years while she was going to art school–she never got to do Jack Kirby though, I think she did X Men in an early incarnation. I’ll tell her to take a look at this. She’ll love it!

elmey

Fatguy
    Participant

Hey Pet! It is too late now but I noticed that we had the exact same post totals (291) this morning! Ok, it is insignificant and frivolous, but caught my attention. Please go back to whatever you all were doing….. 😳

Maurice

pet
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Sometimes it appeared a little blacker than at other times, right? Your black jacket is very black indeed. It’s like “How much more black could this be? And the answer is β€˜None …. None more black’” (Nigel Tufnel).

πŸ˜†

Thanks, guys, it’s hard to test how it looks on different monitors without actually having different monitors. Speaking of garish, as I am numbered after a pleasure hostess the next pages of the comic will be located here[/url].

Is that not the most disturbing table background ever? πŸ˜€ Yikes!

Oh, Logan! almost forgot! Is it alright if I add your caption to the Naked Gun Number Six jigsaw puzzle?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”83″ wrote:

Oh, Logan! almost forgot! Is it alright if I add your caption to the Naked Gun Number Six jigsaw puzzle?

Feel free…

“Feel free” or “Be free” would be a good caption for a Naked No. 6 jigsaw puzzle, doncha think? πŸ˜‰

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.