JMS (babylon 5) New Announcement Rumour

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Babylon 5 & Crusade JMS (babylon 5) New Announcement Rumour

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I’ve had an email (and the wife has read somewhere) that JMS, the creator of Babylon 5 and Crusade (and Jeremiah) is about to make an announcement about Babylon 5 in the next few weeks!

It’s rumoured that the announcement will be made at the end of January and that it will involve the production (or continuation) of a spinoff series from Babylon 5.

I’m afraid that’s all the info I have. it could be total rumour (I checked the internet and found nothing (even in the babylon 5 moderated newsgroup!!!) so I guess we should take this with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Headgehog
    Participant

I’ve read a few snipets over the last month. Most of it, we’ve all heard is allbefore; ‘not giving up on B5’, ‘working frantically’, ‘lots of writing’, ‘something big on the horizon’, ‘don’t want to jinx’ anything’ and the likes.

It’s good news, but I’m not getting excited until I read something official.

I guess we’ll know more in a few weeks. ๐Ÿ˜•

Anonymous
    SadGeezer wrote:

I’ve had an email (and the wife has read somewhere) that JMS, the creator of Babylon 5 and Crusade (and Jeremiah) is about to make an announcement about Babylon 5 in the next few weeks!

It’s rumoured that the announcement will be made at the end of January and that it will involve the production (or continuation) of a spinoff series from Babylon 5.

I’m afraid that’s all the info I have. it could be total rumour (I checked the internet and found nothing (even in the babylon 5 moderated newsgroup!!!) so I guess we should take this with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Maybe I should of been more verbose =)

http://sadgeezer.com/html/displayarticle134.html

Wrote a lil article on it a week or so ago and a link to JMS site where he said it. Janurary 17th I believe is the date of the announcement, and it DEFINITELY concerns B5 not a spinoff, which is *really* interesting. If you listened to the BackTracks on the B5 DVDs each actor expressed huge interest in reviving the series, and a few claimed “I don’t even know why they stopped it when they did.” So perhaps that was a bit of catalyst. We’ll find out on the 17th =)

fluffy bunny
    Participant

Hmm the day after my birthday- fingers crossed for good news

Anonymous
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

Maybe I should of been more verbose =)

http://sadgeezer.com/html/displayarticle134.html

Wrote a lil article on it a week or so ago and a link to JMS site where he said it. Janurary 17th I believe is the date of the announcement, and it DEFINITELY concerns B5 not a spinoff, which is *really* interesting. If you listened to the BackTracks on the B5 DVDs each actor expressed huge interest in reviving the series, and a few claimed “I don’t even know why they stopped it when they did.” So perhaps that was a bit of catalyst. We’ll find out on the 17th =)

Wow!

How embarrassing. I should have checked my own bloody website!

It’s hard sometimes, to realise that this website is kept so up-to-date by such a large sci-fi-community and peeps like yerself!

It also seems amazing that although the JMS News site have details, there weren’t any articles in the babylon5 moderated newsgroup (for so long, the only real info site for babylon5!!)

Ok, so I’ll wait for the mid-to-late January announcement with baited breath. And yes, the details of more Babylon 5 stuff (as opposed to spin off series stuff intrigues me too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

It also seems amazing that although the JMS News site have details, there weren’t any articles in the babylon5 moderated newsgroup (for so long, the only real info site for babylon5!!)

Yeah, I’ve had that problem in the past. From what the techies tell me that although the posts are universal, news servers aren’t and have diff filters which cause legit posts to be removed, or never posted at all. =/

Frankly some of the better news on the Sci-Fi front in a long time, could it be possible that we could see a new BSG series AND a new B5 series? Along with a resolution to the Farscape saga.

Just when we thought Sci-Fi was dead….

Headgehog
    Participant

This is from the aformentioned website on November 30, 2003:

”[url=http://www.jmsnews.com/scripts/MsgStore.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetMsg&List=1&Topic=1&Flags=1&Query=january&QFlags=1&ls=1&qs=1&qt=0 wrote:

JMSNews[/url]“]On the B5 front, there has been something of rather substantial proportion
    that’s finally gone from talk to money, such that I’m now working frantically
    to meet some deadlines, but there’s nothing I can say about this until after
    January 15th, probably closer to the end of that month.

The only thing I can say is that phase one of the new project is a go, hence
    the furious writing schedule at this end of things, which is why I’ve been
    silent until deciding to kick up some dust on the political discusion. I’ve
    been writing my little brains out.

I know the immediate result of this will be speculation, but if we could keep
    that to a low roar on the nets to avoid precluding anything, that would be a
    wonderfulness. But trust me: I wouldn’t go on about something in this way if
    it wasn’t a significant development. Just trust me on this one for a bit and
    hold fire until further word.

(Longtime followers of the various news groups know that an eep means that
    something significant has happened, but that I can’t talk about it…the eep is
    just a way of saying, on the QT, that something has, indeed, happened and it’s
    real, not just speculation or maybe-gonna-happens. So on that basis, you may
    consider this an eep.)

Anonymous
    ”fluffybunny” wrote:

oh and if u want episode reviews for seasons 2 and 3, I can get started

Yes Please!!!

Anonymous

OOWER!

fluffybunny, I’m really sorry but I inadvertantly deleted your post!!!!

Please could you repost! I’m really sorry (had too much red wine! ๐Ÿ™ )

sgtdraino
    Participant

Frankly some of the better news on the Sci-Fi front in a long time, could it be possible that we could see a new BSG series AND a new B5 series? Along with a resolution to the Farscape saga.

Yeah. Then all we’d need is a reunion movie/miniseries on the scale of BSG to wrap up Space: Above and Beyond. Then I’d truly be a happy man. ๐Ÿ™‚

fluffy bunny
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

OOWER!

fluffybunny, I’m really sorry but I inadvertantly deleted your post!!!!

Please could you repost! I’m really sorry (had too much red wine! ๐Ÿ™ )

Lol- I can’t even remember what I wrote. Ah well, another post lost to Saddy’s hangover ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh I remember bits of it- hope the announcement’s delayed for another year if they’ve only just started the writing phase- there was a year gap between The Gathering and S1, and as a result the show just became stronger- beyond the level of ‘adequate’ to very good, leading to awesome in S2 and 3.

fluffy bunny
    Participant

going to start writing synopses, but I’m a bit tied up at the mo.

Following site should do for now:
    http://www.visi.com/~wildfoto/synopses.html

grumbler
    Participant

I haven’t got all the links I collected about this topic on this machine, but from what I understand JMS to be saying, the new project is:

1. Babylon 5, not a spinoff

2. Not a series

3. Not print media

Now, that seems to me to mean that it is either a TV miniseries or a feature flick. Given the money involved in the latter, and the fact that the series it is being derived from is neither Trek nor a 1960s TV series that you can recast, i am betting for the former.

If I had to guess a subject, I would say its finally the Teep Wars. I know JMS has been keeping this back as the topic of a feature film 9which is why the series and books just skip right over it) but even if it is a TV miniseries I think he has to realize that he won’t be able to have his stars around forever, and the only subject that seems worthy of all the hoopla would be the Teep wars.

Anything as bland as the bulk of the TV movies or The Legend of the Rangers would kill the franchise dead. JMS needs to hit a home run with this one, and his best-developed idea HAS to be the Teep Wars.

Comments?

Anonymous

it would be great to see a return to the B5 universe, and the telepath war would be an ideal storyline in which our favourite characters can be seen again- Sheridan, Delenn and co. would such a story deal with what ultimately happens to Lyta Alexander? Bester? i would love to see what the future of a character such as he would be like.
    i have often thought that some kind of (mini?)series or movie dealing with the events of the first Shadow War would be a good idea, though how such a story would work without the obvious major involement of the human race i don’t know. would people accept a sci-fi story where humans weren’t the saviours of the universe? (at this point, i’m not exactly sure if Valenn would count…)

Nebagram
    Participant

A Teep wars series would be so awesome, but I too was of the impression that JMS was saving that for a feature film (which would be the better option, IMO, but never mind)- however, that said, the main characters in a teep war film would probably be Lyta, Bester and Garibaldi- and, if memory serves correctly, no one, not even a fan, has been as enthusiastic about a B5 revival as Jerry Doyle has been. A series set during the 1260 shadow war? It’d be good to see how the war turned out, with Valen forming the grey council etc. and how G’Quan was involved, but that’s more TV movie, IMO.

Headgehog
    Participant

I don’t mean to be critical of anyones’ posts here, but I think we’re doing that speculation thing that he asked us not to do. I’m not sure where it says that its a pure B5 thing, or even what kinds of media it isn’t. Maybe someone can help me out with that. Personally, I’m just going to sit patiently till the end of January. But I would like to see the TP War movie or a continuation of Crusade. ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

”snooklepie” wrote:

would such a story deal with what ultimately happens to … Bester?

In what would have been episode 14 of Crusade, we learn that Bester is a war criminal on the run. He takes refuge on a tiny colony, and basically screws with the locals’ heads to keep himself safe and unfound. Until the Excalibur gets there at least….

though how such a story would work without the obvious major involement of the human race i don’t know.

Mainstream audiences typically reject stories where humans are not in control, or are not the main characters. Titan AE, and Battlefield Earth are two examples. While many people claim that BE wasn’t that good, most audiences didn’t want to see a future where man was relegated to pack animal duties, or in Titan AE’s case, the earth blew up in the first two minutes.

grumbler
    Participant
    Nebagram wrote:

A Teep wars series would be so awesome, but I too was of the impression that JMS was saving that for a feature film (which would be the better option, IMO, but never mind)…

If I am reading the tea leaves right, JMS was always saving the Teep Wars for a feature. However, the stock of B5-realted materials has taken a huge hit since he mapped out his strategy, with two failures in a row (though the books have done nicely, that’s only “nicely” compared to other small-niche-market books.

So, I don’t really think the money would be there for a theatrical flick, much as I would love to believe otherwise. In a way, that’s good, because from script completion to theatrical release would be years.

Even if it is only a TV miniseries, I think JMS needs to bring out his best concepts to the next B5 product, and the Teep Wars are almost certainly that. Plus, he could get the series actors to play the roles now, when their chronological age is correct for the role, not five years from now when things would be more difficult.

… if memory serves correctly, no one, not even a fan, has been as enthusiastic about a B5 revival as Jerry Doyle has been.

True, but Doyle has been talking about just a continuation of the series. Straczinski has already said he has zero interest in writing for such a project, and Katsulas and Jurasik have already also said that they will not return to a series unless it is at least partially written by JMS. So, I think Doyle’s effort is doomed to fail, but at least Jerry has kept the name of the franchise in play.

All we can do is keep doing our part to make sure the DVD sales are strong, and hope for the best. And I think the Teep Wars would be “the best” even if only in a miniseries format.

grumbler
    Participant
    ”snooklepie” wrote:

…would such a story deal with what ultimately happens to Lyta Alexander? Bester? i would love to see what the future of a character such as he would be like.

The fate of Lyta has, indeed, been kept under wraps. The Fate of Bester is, in fact, the title of the third book in the Psi Corps trilogy, so if you canot wait, get the book and find out! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Note that the trilogy deals not at all with the Teep wars – it only covers the prequel and sequel to the war. That’s probably my Exhibit A in the “JMS is keeping the Teep Wars for a feature film” theory.

bambooshoot
    Participant

Hi!

I’m new here, but a big B5 fan. I don’t know if this has been posted before, or even if it’s relevant but this is the word from JMS himself:

“To the many questions that have arisen here of late…yes, as I mentioned
    before, there is the possibility of something Babylon 5 related on the horizon,
    but again I don’t want anyone getting excited until we know if either one of
    these two projects is going to actually come to fruition. We should know where
    this lands in the next few weeks. The only thing I will say is that they’re
    not print projects, so if you were to assume it’s for TV or film you wouldn’t
    be too far off…but that neither of them are series. And that’s all I’m going
    to say about them for now.”

http://www.jmsnews.com – message 17017

So there you go

bambooshoot ๐Ÿ˜€

Headgehog
    Participant
    bambooshoot wrote:

”To the many questions that have arisen here of late…yes, as I mentioned
    before, there is the possibility of something Babylon 5 related on the horizon,
    but again I don’t want anyone getting excited until we know if either one of
    these two projects is going to actually come to fruition. We should know where
    this lands in the next few weeks. The only thing I will say is that they’re
    not print projects, so if you were to assume it’s for TV or film you wouldn’t
    be too far off…but that neither of them are series. And that’s all I’m going
    to say about them for now.”

http://www.jmsnews.com – message 17017

Cool, thank-you. Althoug I guess this means we won’t see a continuation of Crusade, or another weekly fix of B5. ๐Ÿ™

grumbler
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

I don’t mean to be critical of anyones’ posts here, but I think we’re doing that speculation thing that he asked us not to do.

When JMS askes us not to speculate, he is referring to speculating on the usenet site where he himself appears (I think he is concerned about the “silence implies consent” issue) not the fan boards. I am sure he understands perfectly well that his announcement will lead to speculation on boards like this – and in fact that almost surely is why he reveals these kinds of things. It keeps the juices flowing and the franchise alive.

grumbler
    Participant

There has been a slight delay, as noted by JMS on January 29th:

“It’s taken longer than hoped for to be able to talk about this, because it’s taken longer than hoped for to go through all the machinations of the deal. Depending on the nature of a given deal, it can take a few weeks to a couple, three months to actually cut the deal and finalize the language in terms everybody can agree with. We only literally finished the deal last week.

Writing on B5:TMoS is complete, and as soon as the powers that be sign off on everything, it can be turned in and we can start moving. At that point, I can say more about this.

Figure another couple of weeks.

jms”

Naturally, speculation has been rampant as to the meaning of “TMoS” and JMS noted on the 30th (after a lot of guesses):

“Just to honk you off even further about all th is…in the speculation of titles…one of you was correct.

jms”

According to one of the posters on the google group, these are the suggestions that had actually been made by the time JMS announced one was correct:

Babylon 5: The Meanng of Spoo
    Theatrical Movie, original Story
    The mother of Sheridan
    The Minbari of Steel
    The Mollari of Spoo
    Triluminary-Modified operating System
    The Man of Steel
    Too Many odd Suggestions
    B5:TMoS – Theatrical Movie of Sorts
    B5:TMoS – Telepaths Move on Saturday
    B5:TMoS – Terribly Mean of Straczynski
    Babylon5: The MIND of Straczynski
    The Meatballs of Swedes
    The Marriages of Sheridan
    The Mutation of Sinclair
    The Men of Space
    The Mammaries of Susan
    The Meaninglessness of Speculation.
    The Minstrations of Sugar
    Telepath Monopoly of Space
    Trans Morphing Optical Stuff
    The Meaning of Sh*t
    The Mighty Obvious Script
    The Mound of Scripts
    The Movie of Surprises
    Time Makes Our Society
    Twenty Minbari Order Sandwiches
    The Movie Script
    The Memory of Shadows
    The Movement of Shadows
    The Mark of Shadows
    The Memory of Sheridan
    The Murder of Shiv’kala
    The Martyrdom of Sinclair
    The Mystery of Souls
    Telepath Minds on Speed
    Babylon 5: The Music of Sondheim
    Babylon 5: The Making of the Series
    B5: The Misdirection of Speculation
    Telepathic Mindwipe of Sheridan.
    Terrific Marvels of Space (a documentary)
    Babylon Five : Total Marmallisation of Spacestation
    That Mean Ol’ Straczynski (from B5_Obsessed at b5tv.com)
    The Movement of Starlight
    Two Marsupials on Speed
    Talia, Marcus, or Susan
    Terribly Mean of Straczynski
    Babylon 5: The Myth of Souls
    Babylon 5: The Myth of Shadows
    Babylon 5: The Mystery of Sheridan
    Techno-Mages of Silliness
    Techno-Mages of Song
    Techno-Mages on Strike
    The Movie on Sunday
    The Movie opposite SuperBowl
    Telepaths: Meet our Sponsor
    Throw Morden off Station
    The Mouth of Sheridan

Not many seem like likely candidates, eh?

Anonymous

He eggs on the speculation if you read the Usenets, so I’m not so sure that we need to obey his every command. He wouldn’t of said anything at all if he wanted to keep it quiet.

I’d guess he’s more worried about *negative* reaction to pre-production hype which could cost him funding.

Not all of his productions were originally labeled B5: Many of the early LotR commercials including one I got on a Lexx tape never even mentions the word B5.

He pretty much told us it had to do with Babylon5 the day he said it was a B5 project. Even though it’s the word for the greater universe of his stories, he doesn’t always use it so prominently in his postings.

As for guesses after reading that Usenet thread I think

The Myth of Sheridan
    The Myth of Shadows
    The Mystery of Shadows

seem likely candidates based off the 5th season and movies like Thirdspace where Lyta alludes to the fact there is a LOT of bad technology floating around out there from the Vorlons and Shadows.

The Myth of Sheridan seems to egocentric, but I could see it being a title if it was a B5 series told from the distant future where Sheridan is seen as a legend/myth.

Can’t wait to hear more from JMS, he really teased us when he told us someone got it right!

grumbler
    Participant

Lexx,

None of the three titles you propose (great though they are) had been posted by the time JMS said that the real one had been posted! ๐Ÿ™

I think most of the speculators are focussing on
    The Memory of Shadows, and
    The Movement of Shadows
    with the former being overwhelmingly more popular, as far as I can see.

But you are correct that the speculation based on those favorite titles all seem to be based on the concept of leftover Shadow tech. Clearly, it is a direction JMS has wanted to explore based on the planned future of Crusade (in which the Excalibur‘s mission was going to turn out to really be the saving of Earth from secret organizations inside Earthforce who were going to use Shadow tech to take over the planet… and maybe the galaxy).

bambooshoot
    Participant

Is there anymore news on this?

I hate to sound impatient but I am!!!!!!!

Bambooshoot ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous

Ask and ye shall receive

grumbler
    Participant

A report filed on B5TV.com by one of the fans today:

JMS was at a Comic Book Convention to help raise money for Hawthorne High School’s floundering art program. I’m sure you’ll be getting much more info because I met people from both the Moderated site and JMSnews.com.

The day just finished with JMS generously answering questions for an hour and a half. The Q&A took place in a large classroom where someone had written J. M. Straczynski: TMoS 101, on the blackboard which he erased when he came into the room. There was much joking about the TMoS project all through the session. He said he wished he could talk about it but couldn’t. However, halfway through when someone asked a question about the Mages he pointed to the erased blackboard without saying a word. Later, when someone asked about Crusade he again pointed to the erased blackboard. Was he joking? We’ll soon know.

While it would be fun to think JMS is going to give us something in this movie about both the Crusade and Technomage arcs, it is unfortunately just like JMS to pull our legs in matters like this.

Only a week or so until we know (the “Ides of May”).

Anonymous

B.B. aka J. Sheridan let something slip on the Season 5 backtrack. They were talking about something having to do with the episode, and someone made fun of Sheridans beard. B.B indicated that he doesn’t like beards but then said

Here’s as verbatim as I can get it.

B.B: “They made me grow the beard back”

Someone: “Shhh”

B.B.: “Okay, okay”

So I’m about 99% certain he’s in it, whatever it is. And based on other backtracks like Michael Doyle saying how hard and frustrating it is dealing with Warner Bros. and how he might not see them again. Why would he say that? The context was the present, not the past.

Anyways a few more for the rumor mill =)

bambooshoot
    Participant

Oooh it’s all so exciting!

I’ve just finished watching my season 4 boxset (Thanks Sadgeezer!) and I want MORE!

Does that make me a junkie?

Bambooshoot ๐Ÿ˜†

grumbler
    Participant
    bambooshoot wrote:

Does that make me a junkie?

Not until you actually buy a season DVD! ๐Ÿ˜†

The ides of May have come and gone, and still no definative word. Since The WB has announced their schedule for next seaon, the TV series on the WB has to be discarded. It now seems all but certain that this is a feature.

Still no definative word, and the tension is getting pretty high on the fan boards! ๐Ÿ™

grumbler
    Participant

Well, JMS posted a few more tidbits today. You can find the whole post (including some info on the Biggs memorial service) here but the two key points for fans are:
    1. that the title is, indeed, The Memory of Shadows and
    2. that Richard Biggs was to be in it (and by inference the movie features the original cast).

Anonymous

You can also find it on the front page of Sadgeezer.com here

Thanks though grumbler! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

He posted again this morning (Hopefully getting back in the habit).

Among other things he claims that TMoS may have an “adjunct”, I’m thinking a TV series personally based off the movie, but we’ll see.

He also mentioned he was offered an Executive Producer role for a Network TV series, that he personally has nothing to do with, but is such a great project he has to be on board.

Anyone else thinking Star Wars? ๐Ÿ˜•

Anyways, there’s 2 new posts over at JMSnews.com

He also talks about the B5 Movie DVDs as well as the Crusade DVDs and commentary.

grumbler
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

You can also find it on the front page of Sadgeezer.com here

Thanks though grumbler! ๐Ÿ˜‰

You know, I thought about making this “news” but decided against it because I wasn’t sure it was “worthy.” Now I know! ๐Ÿ˜†

grumbler
    Participant

On the 15 June post, my ideas are this:

1. I doubt the new adjunct project is a TV series. WB has been stunned and pleased by the DVD sales (basically, they recouped the entire costs of the first three seasons at least through DVD sales alone), but planning a new series before the movie is even started seems way premature to me. It could be a miniseries to “whet the appetites” for the movie, or it could be something less obvious. But it has to be one of the things The Memory of Shadows wasn’t, and a lot of them (animated series, comic book, radio play) don’t make much sense. But another one of the things it wasn’t was a computer game, and we know that Into the Fire by Sierra was over 90% complete when it was shelved. Given the propensity for movie/game tie-ins, I would regard this as a good bet.

2. On the new show he is EPing, I have little idea, save that this is the likeliest thing besides TMoS that would get him to London in time to see his play produced there. I recall that about 4 years ago he and Josh Wheden were very close to doing a TV series together, and this may be the culmination of that effort now that Wheden is done with Buffy and Angel and soon will be done with Firefly (which I believe is in shooting now). JW will be ready for a series in 2005, and if JMS is going to England in, say, the fall, it may be connected with the TV series, and JW has been interested in a revival of the Dark Shadows series in Victorian England if rumor is true. Not much chance of all this coincidental stuff being true, but it is an interesting set of circumstances.

3. On the “coded message” to England and Australia, I have to believe that this is the news that the R2 and R4 movie sets will have all five movies in the boxed set, rather than the three previously announced (their sets as announced lacked ItB and tg, because those had already been released). Another possibility is that JMS himself has decided to attend some cons in those countries because now he has a reason to do so.

4. On the new book series: great news. The three trilogies were very strong and I am looking forward to more of them.

grumbler
    Participant

A summary of what i think I know, and a prediction with a spoiler warning:

Okay, so and what do we know about B5: TMoS?

1. It is definately a theatrical release.

2. The name is The Memory of Shadows

3. It was to iclude Richard Biggs (“Doctor Franklin”), who recently died of a burst aorta.

What can we surmise?

1. It will include some, if not all, of the original cast (based on the fact that RB was included and JMS has always said that his first feature would “reward” the cast).

2. It will have sub-plots that include both the real plot of Crusade (which is to say the attempt by rogue Earthforce and PSi Corps elements to exploit leftover Shadow tech) and the technomages. Both of these based on clues JMS left in his Hawthorne, NJ appearance.

3. That it will cover the Telepath War (based both on his clues at Hawthorne and the fact that he has always said this would be the story of the first movie).

4. That the reason B5 and all derivatives are not being shown anywhere world-wide is because WB thinks the rights will be worth more soon.

Now, if we want to be really clever, we can guess what the story will be about. And, as I am clever ( ๐Ÿ™„ ) I will do that, after a brief

******** spoiler warning for B5 and the Technomage series*************

Highlight to see (and please do NOT quote as it may then be visible)
    I think the way this all hangs together with what we have seen on-screen, what had appeared in the novels, and what has happened in the movie industry in the last few years, is that this is a trilogy of movies. The basic plot line is that the Psi Corps, either alone or with help, is attempting to create new technomages. Some are both Teeps and technomages, a seemingly unbeatable combination. The first movie concentrates on the eforts to defeat the greatest seeming peril, that of the Psi Corps creating Teep TMs. The remainder deal with tracking down the source of this technology, and do not necessarily feature the B5 main cast.

We know from the technomage novels that the technomage technology was created by the Shadows but therafter overseen by the Drakh, and the Drakh remain a part of the B5 universe even though the Shadows have departed. Whether the Drakh are directly helping the renegade forces or whether the Psi Corps is stealing the info isn’t clear as yet. But this plotline, taken in particular from what we saw of the never-shot Crusade scripts, makes a lot of sense. Galen in Crusade was to run up against what seemed to be an insane pseudo-technomage at an Earthforce base in the JMS-written episode To the Ends of the Earth, which was to have been the first-season finale.

BTW, the Excalibur was going to discover the cure for the plague in something like episode three of season two, but then be forced “on the lam” by the machinations of the renegade Earthforce types controlling the Shadow tech.
    ********** end spoilers *******************

What else do we know?

1. That JMS is going to executive-produce a new series starting no earlier than next mid-season changeover. Even the type of show is unknown until it is revealed by the network.

2. That JMS was offered the helm of Enterprise for the upcoming season but turned it down in favor of the guy they eventually brought into it.

3. That there is another project now green-lighted, that JMS said “wasn’t it” when referring to B5:TMoS – my guess is that it is the B5 computer game Into the Fire but I have nothing whatever to back that up.

So, my cards are on the table. Any takers?

Headgehog
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything lately? In this case I believe that no news is BAD news. I mean we should have heard something a few months ago right?

grumbler
    Participant

Hey, I can post here again! Every time for the last month or so, the site rejected my login. A new computer does wonders!

As for the movie project, JMS seems to feel it is on track. On August 24th he noted that “Oh, and in the next week or so I should be turning in the next-to-final draft of the TMoS screenplay.” Note that he is no longer pretending it may not be a movie.

Also, the Crusade series is due out in region 1 December 7th 2004.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.