JMS speaks about 3 new projects… sort of.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Babylon 5 & Crusade JMS speaks about 3 new projects… sort of.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

The following article was spied in the alt.tv.babylon5.moderated newsgroup a couple of days ago. It was posted by JMS who was trying to let the Babylon 5 fans know of current negotiations regarding new projects.

quote:

While I’m waiting for permission to talk about some of the big stuff that’s going on, some general news….

As announced today in a press release from the SciFi Channel, the network has picked up all 13 episodes of Crusade for broadcast this Summer. This will be the first time the series has been broadcast since its brief, original run on TNT.

I received an email the other day from Fiona Avery (B5 reference editor, columnist for the B5 Magazine and script writer for both Crusade and Earth: Final Conflict) announcing that the first issue of her new, original comic, NO HONOR, will be debuting next Wednesday the 21st from Top Cow/Image. (I’ve seen the scripts/artwork and it’s killer.)

On the topic of comics…I will be writing a one-off B5 Graphic Novel for Wildstorm that will debut later this year. I figure on writing it as soon as I get out from under my current deadlines.

One aside…as you know, most viruses that go out these days tend to attach themselves to Microsoft Outlook email address books. Apparently there’s an *awful* lot of you out there that have me in your email address books, even though you may not have actually used it in that way. Hence, whenever one of
    these viruses gets out, as one came out today, I invariably get a bunch of them in my email box. Just as a favor to me…if you don’t actually *need* my email address in your address book, can you delete it to help me out when this kind of stuff happens? It ain’t like I’m hard to find….

And finally…yes, it’s true, B5 will be coming out on DVD starting with The Gathering and In the Beginning, to be released in July. The series will start
    soon thereafter. I’ve been going over the artwork and related issues for WB Home Video, and though at this time there’s no supplementary material involved, at least as far as I know, it should be pretty cool. (Don’t know yet which aspect ratio they’ll be using, but my *guess* would be widescreen, now that WB is correcting the earlier versions.)

All of that said…as noted well above, there’s some substantial TV-related news sitting out there waiting for me to talk about it as soon as I’m given the go-ahead to do so. Suffice to say that one very large deal has now been set and closed, another is in heavy negotiations (with money now on the table from those involved), and a surprise third project is also coming up fast and furious.

More on these when I’m allowed to talk about them. Probably sometime next week.

jms

The poor geezer must be really miffed at not being able to speak yet. I hope there will be news soon – should be later this week if things go well? – stay tuned!

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited February 19, 2001).]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.