John dead!? What the hell is going on!?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Farscape John dead!? What the hell is going on!?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Okay, I was totally shocked by last night’s episode. Is John dead? It looked like he died in Aeryn’s arms. Has anyone heard anything about Ben Browder leaving the show? Can anyone please explain to me what’s happening !? I just might go crazy if John is dead and they can’t bring him back.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

Yes, John is dead.

But it seems you haven’t caught these past few weeks of episodes.

To be more correct, THAT John is dead.

A while ago, while Moia’s crew got caught on an insane asylum-ish Leviathan, the git running the ship made duplicates of Chi’ana, D’Argo, and Criton. Only Criton’s survived, (he was the last one made, shortly before the scientist bit the bullet). In all repsects, both Critons are the real thing–they aren’t an original and a copy, they are equally real. After meeting up with Talon and Crais, one Criton went with Juule, D’Argo and Chi’ana (and Pilot) on Moia, and the other with Aeryn, Stark, Rygel and Crais. The latter one is now dead. Apparently.

On a side note, it appears to my that either
    a)This your first episode,
    b)You missed the last few,
    c)You are pulling (proverbially) our legs by getting rather exited.

Which is it?

By the way, if you saw the latter part of the episode (especially the death scene) you should have seen the preview for this Friday’s new episode. For the past few weeks, the episodes have generally been alternating, one Moia, one Talon, one Moia, one Talon, and so on. This Friday’s episode is apparently a Moia one, and unless you took a break from paying attention during commerical, you could see “Moia’s” Criton (the unlucky one in not going with Aeryn– well, perhaps not anymore) in a few scenes. So to ease your worry, Ben is not leaving anytime soon, and is probably already shooting next season.

So was one of my conclusions correct? You can read a lot out of a simple post.

au revoir

P.S. What do people think about this new twist in the series? If the “Talon” Criton is dead for good, all that wormhole knowledge is apparently lost with him, as well as the development of Aeryn and (that) John’s relationship. Do you think she’ll accept the remaining John? It’s too bad for her, the poor guy had just fixed his “clone” Scorpius problem AND regained the wormhole knowledge to get to Earth. Oh well, it seems it’ll have to be fixed again.

P.P.S. Doesn’t it seem unusual that none of the characters from either vessel even refer to the other vessel or its occupants? Everyone has seemed to have forgotten that there are (were) two Johns out there. It’s understandable for Aeryn to grieve, but there’s another John who is just as noble back on Moia. Perhaps she’ll have difficulty accepting him? We shall see, I suppose. On his deathbed, the “Talon” John didn’t even mention the other guy.

encore, au revoir

Anonymous

Wish I had registered before I made that post, not after.

Anyway, that’s “excited,” not “exited,” in my C hypothesis.

Furthermore, your 119 posts to not lend well to my A and B hypotheses, further compounding the mystery that was your post. Heh, now I need to know what was confusing you!

au revior

[This message has been edited by Alpha2012Omega (edited August 06, 2001).]

Anonymous

We’ve still got Moya Crichton…everything’ll be ok.
    Whenever anything happened to him in that last episode I kept yelling “We have a spare!”
    Of course, with the time they’ve been apart, have our two Johns started to grow into two different people, and will it be the same if Aeryn meets up with the other one?(Of course it we’ll, we’ve put up with all the sexual tension/each thinking the other was dead/refusing to admit their feelings, etc. for over two years, so they better have a happy ending or I’ll…)*walks off into the background grumbling*

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no surviving enemies. At all.

“I’d far rather be happy than right any day.”
    “And are you?”
    “No. That’s where it falls down, of course.”–Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

“It’s all in the mind.”–George Harrison

Anonymous

Hello! I was trying to get people to talk on this site for weeks and NOW you women want to talk about John1s death. Read the other FS BBs! John2 will still have Scorpius and the wormhole knowalge(even if I dont know how to spell!) The main ? is will Aeryn fall into bed with John2 and will John2 let her when he finds out she boinked the other John? If you know men you know that somtimes they get funny about who their women “sleep” with(even if it is themself)
    To Aeryn C.- I saw you on another BB before I got here so I apologize about the Buffy slur. Hope to see more of you here. I like to see other people post here.

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by _Alpha2012Omega_:

P.S. What do people think about this new twist in the series? If the “Talon” Criton is dead for good, all that wormhole knowledge is apparently lost with him, as well as the development of Aeryn and (that) John’s relationship. Do you think she’ll accept the remaining John?

That is a hard one. They made it very clear that both of them were ‘exactly’ the same and that neither one was a ‘copy’ so we are essentially talking about the same person, so I do not see why Aeryn would have a problem with the Moya John. It was and is John who she is/was in love with, and he is still alive. And as we saw in tonights episode Moya John still loves Aeryn, so …well who knows?

quote:

P.P.S. Doesn’t it seem unusual that none of the characters from either vessel even refer to the other vessel or its occupants? Everyone has seemed to have forgotten that there are (were) two Johns out there. It’s understandable for Aeryn to grieve, but there’s another John who is just as noble back on Moia. Perhaps she’ll have difficulty accepting him? We shall see, I suppose. On his deathbed, the “Talon” John didn’t even mention the other guy.

Interesting observation. The first few episodes of the ‘split’ crew there were a few mentions of Moya by the Talyn crew. Wasn’t there some mention of Aeryn during the conversations between Harvey and John in tonights episode? But other than that, there has not been much mention of the other crew.

antiZero

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by _Alpha2012Omega_:
    But it seems you haven’t caught these past few weeks of episodes.

To be more correct, THAT John is dead.

b)You missed the last few,

encore, au revoir

Yes, I missed a few (maybe several episodes). My cable company just started carrying the Sci-Fi channel, and for so long, my brother was having to tape it for me. Needless to say, I hadn’t seen my bro in a while, so I hadn’t caught up on the episodes. Thanks for easing my worries !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.