June 24, 2010

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aquabloodstone
    Participant

As we all know by now I feel sure, the first of Futurama’s 26 new season 6 episodes on Comedy Central in the US on June 24, 2010 @ 10 PM Eastern time. Just a reminder for the the interested. Are you looking forward to it, or has that ship sailed?

*Well, I watched the first two new episodes last evening. No real spoiler alerts in saying that they messed about with Leela and Fry’s tenuous relationship status, jokes were made about cancellations and network moves, and Bender was well, Bender. Plenty of actions, great graphics, but a little anti-climactic for me. I suppose that’s to be expected considering the long wait and they hype. I’m anxious to see if the ever so slightly stilted feeling I felt watching it will dissipate and the rhythm and feel of the original series will return for good.

SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Yep, Mike is of the same opinion. He suggested that there would be a sort of bedding in period for them to ‘get over themselves’ and get back to cool episodes again. The first two shows didn’t seem too bad, and they are getting better.

btw aqua, could you update yer email address in your profile or send me an email at my gmail email address sadgeezer at gmail dot com. I would like to send you an update of site developments, sadcast happenings etc. top make sure you’re kept in the loop.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.