Jupiter 42

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

Is anyone else a bit upset and/or disappointed that they renamed the Free Enterprise, Jupiter 42?

It was funnier when it was mocking the Star Trek franchise. Of course now it has a link to Red Dwarf and its Jupiter Mining Company.

What do you think?

Bobo
    Participant

i liked it better when it was “Free enterprise” not only did it have a link to ST but was also a joke in a sick twisted economical sense of humour ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Headgehog wrote:

Is anyone else a bit upset and/or disappointed that they renamed the Free Enterprise, Jupiter 42?

It was funnier when it was mocking the Star Trek franchise. Of course now it has a link to Red Dwarf and its Jupiter Mining Company.

What do you think?

I’d be willing to bet good money it had to do with the fact there is a famous “Star Trek” semi-parody movie called “Free Enterprise”.

I like the homage to HhGttG though with ’42’ hehe

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

I like the homage to HhGttG though with ’42’ hehe

I hadn’t noticed the 42 nod yet. Kinda cool.

I also haven’t heard any of the crew call the ship Jupiter 42, or even Free Enterprise yet. The only place I heard Jupiter 42 is from scifi.com, and they were wrong about Six being an andriod, she’s really a cyborg (this is gonna make me have to correct a few reviews). So until the show tells me the ship is called Jupiter 42, I’m going to keep referring to it as the Free Enterprise in my future reviews.

Bobo
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

I also haven’t heard any of the crew call the ship Jupiter 42, or even Free Enterprise yet. The only place I heard Jupiter 42 is from scifi.com, So until the show tells me the ship is called Jupiter 42, I’m going to keep referring to it as the Free Enterprise in my future reviews.

don’t worry… it shouldn’t be long

CLR2
    Participant

…and I worked on the show. Everyone pretty much always call the ship Bob – he is considered a character.

CLR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.