Just heard from Lloyd, who’s heard from Xenia…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Just heard from Lloyd, who’s heard from Xenia…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Lexxathon
    Participant

He’s been in touch with Xenia, who has flown to Germany, where she’ll get some rehab. It’s a shame she won’t be able to attend the con, but it would simply be too much for her to handle at this time.

Also, Lloyd’s home from the hospital. He sounds like he’s been put through a ringer, but he’s in relativly good spirits. He just wishes he could be at DC with everyone. He’s gonna be hurtin’ for a while.

We wish them both a speedy recovery…

Jhevz
    Participant

I hear you, Lexxathon,
    I e-mailed a card to Xenia, hoping it’ll make her day brighter; I also hope she has a speedy recovery & gets back on her feet soon.
    I’m glas Lloyd’s doink ok & hope he has a speedy recovery also, so he too can get back on his feet again.
    Thanks for the info on both Xenia & Lloyd.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

lexxrobotech
    Participant

what happened to Xenia?

I’ve been in the bush, so to speak.

Anonymous

Xenia’s had an eventful life in the last few months.

On the happy side, she had a whirlwind romance and married a German actor. Hopefully, they’ll be very happy together for a long time.

Some time after that, she was involved in an auto accident, and was injured or shaken up. She decided to fly back to Germany to recuperate with her family.

No further information. My hope is that she’s now healthy, happy and doing all right.

Camarilla
    Participant

Well, if she needs comforting, IM there….

afrogeezer
    Participant

This is my first post and I’m sorry to have to say that it seems there was no accident at all. It looks like she went back to Germany to be with her husband (she did just get married after all). Personally I understand and, being that it’s her private life, don’t really care, as long as she’s ok! If any of you want to check up on the situation, try the Brian Downey message board on http://www.lexxusa.com, that’s where I first read about it a month ago.

Peace!

Anonymous

The accident report was given out on behalf of Xenia immediately before Dragoncon and given as the reason she could not travel to Dragoncon. We were told that her Doctor had advised her not to fly to Atlanta. Thereafter, during Dragoncon she flew from L.A. to Germany to recuperate with her family.

I’m aware of the report that there was no accident, and that
    the story was just made up to evade Dragoncon or spend time
    with her husband. It certainly does not reflect well on her.

But on the other hand, I don’t know conclusively one way or the other. And it strikes me that there are greater and lesser degrees of accidents. Ms Seeberg has struck me as a little high strung, so perhaps even a minor thing could have really had a huge effect on her emotionally, if at the right time.

I’m prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

oooh. I didn’t have a clue.

So Xenia is perhaps a bit of a looney?

Well, just goes to show… she may be good, but sure aint no Eva!

Long live the blondes!

Anonymous

I don’t think that’s a fair thing to say. Xenia is in a highly competitive field where looks and connections are everything, and an actresses worth can diminish day by day of aging or ounce by ounce of weight gain.

Simply to be an actor, I think, calls for a certain sensitivity and temperament. You have to be able to assume roles, get into skins, put on performances. So we take that sensitivity, and put it into a pressure cooker.

Many actors and actresses are highly stressed. I’m certainly not singling out Xenia or suggesting that she’s loony in any way.

I’m just saying that its possible she was in some kind of auto accident, and that its possible that for emotional or physical reasons, or whatever, the event made her feel like she couldnt cope with Dragoncon, or had to return home to Germany.

Its possible that there was no accident at all, I suppose. But that doesn’t mean that there weren’t good reasons for her conduct.

I’m not prepared to condemn here.

mandara k
    Participant

I’m not here to condemn either BUT…… when will it stop? When will this “double standard” between public and adored end.

I understand sensitive types and actors but when is enough enough? Bad behavior is bad behavior is bad behavior; whoever does it; since when are “stars” get a get out of jail free card; hell OJ did it and Winona Ryder.

I personally think it’s disgusting that this happens. I can’t get away will that; neither can most of you but you accept the behavior reinforcing to them that”it’s okay” to act badly. No, it’s not okay with me; there are fans that wanted to see them and they were let down. It casts a serious shadow on anything she says from now on. Could it be she’s lying about the receptor too?

If I were Freddo I’d work on damage control here.

Anonymous

First, what’s the “receptor.”

Second, I don’t think an actor owes their audience much more than simply making sure they give the best performance they’ve got in them. It would be nice if Xenia wanted to hang and see fans who wanted to meet her. But if not, that’s her choice, not ours.

Third, we really don’t know what’s going on with Xenia, so its not really our place to judge. I’d really like to point out that everything, the report of the car accident and everything following that, good or bad, pro or con, are simply rumours. We should be reluctant to really take a position based on that.

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    I think she may have needed the rest, but regardless, if she promised to go, then backed out, she could’ve easily told her fans the real reason why; but, what’s done is done, now we move on. I bet both Xenia & her new hubby has.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

I totally agree that everyone shouls conduct their lives the way they see fit; but don’t lie about it. If she wanted to spend time not at DC she should have said that; that’s garners more cool points than anything else.

lizard
    Participant
    ”Valdron” wrote:

Second, I don’t think an actor owes their audience much more than simply making sure they give the best performance they’ve got in them.

TRUE, but I think what people felt cheated about was a last minute cancellation of an appearance. After all, pre-purchased Dragon Con tickets (and even plane tickets for some people) are not refundable and it could be that some fans planned to attend because they particularly wanted to see each one of “the big three” Brian, Xenia, and M.Mcmanus. I was driving distance so had the choice of cancelling and only losing the price of the dragon con tickets. We decided to go anyway and had a great time in Atlanta, but I can see why some fans who had made more arduous (and expensive) arangements to get there would feel let down.

I don’t know, maybe she made the commitment and then thought better of it, or was just to worn out to go (this applies to MM as well), which I think everyone can understand, but that doesn’t mean we weren’t disappointed. I don’t think her behavior was “bad” just a bit childish — making up an excuse and all is a way of temporarily avoiding creating bad feelings.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Valdron : Im sorry man, I just meant it as a bit of tongue in cheek. It appears there is a topic within the topic here, that once again has gone completely over my head.

Some days I think my head lives permanently inside of my arse.

๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

While I’m not prepared to blame anyone for anything, or express resentment or criticism.

I will agree with you that I was deeply disappointed by the loss of
    Xenia, Michael and Ellen from the Dragoncon party. The fact that *seven key cast* members were going to be there was a critical reason I committed to going, and probably a reason several others committed as well.

I certainly think a certain amount of anger and disappointment is justified on that ground. Many of the people who travelled to Dragoncon specifically to see or meet Xenia or Michael were not rich and the cost of plane tickets, hotel, meals and travel and a whole long weekend, were bitter indeed.

Actors have a right to their lives, and to do things they think are best. I’ll not fault Xenia or Michael on their decisions at the last minute not to attend.

But perhaps a little expression of sympathy for their disappointed fans might not be out of place.

We aren’t seeing that, though. Which perhaps, is disappointing, and possibly lacking in class.

Anonymous

All is forgiven. Now, quickly remove your head from inside your arse. View is much better out here.

lexxrobotech wrote:

Valdron : Im sorry man, I just meant it as a bit of tongue in cheek. It appears there is a topic within the topic here, that once again has gone completely over my head.

Some days I think my head lives permanently inside of my arse.

๐Ÿ˜›

BebopChic
    Participant
    ”Valdron” wrote:

Actors have a right to their lives, and to do things they think are best. I’ll not fault Xenia or Michael on their decisions at the last minute not to attend.

But perhaps a little expression of sympathy for their disappointed fans might not be out of place.

We aren’t seeing that, though. Which perhaps, is disappointing, and possibly lacking in class.

In my experience, the cream always rises to the top. When dealing with the public, a certain etiquette is necessary. Those that have proper manners know how to treat others; fans, colleagues, and their friends. I am sure that the four members of the cast that attended were looking forward to everyone gathering in the same place. From what I understand it caused quite a bit of turmoil for Mr. Downey, who spent a large amount of time the last week attempting to smooth things over for Mr. McManus to attend. In my opinion, if Mr. McManus had such little care for Mr. Downey’s attempt; it shows a lack of respect for Mr. Downey. After working with someone for so many years, this type of behavior points a lack of maturity and an obivious self serving nature. I do not wish to recieve an apology from such a person, but in fact believe he owes more of an apology to the people that weathered his little “tantrum”. From what I understand, when in the public eye (such as an actor or actress is); your behavior reflects greatly upon you and word travels fast. I am sure that this type of behavior is not acceptable to those who are serious in the business. Mr. McManus, in truth, has hurt himself worse than he has hurt anyone else. No One wants to work with someone who is unreliable, disrespectful, and prone to prima donna fits. As far as Ms. Seeberg’s “little white lie”, I can understand if she did not want to fans to know the particulars of her private life. However she lied to everyone. As I understand it, a short investigation had to be made just to find out the validity of her story. Again, a poor decision on her part to lie to the rest of the cast. Also, the story involving a “car wreck” unnecessarily caused worry amongst the people she had worked with and that cared for her. A person that lies is a liar, plain and simple. I do not condone lying even when thought to be necessary. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that although they both may be marvelous actors, they are not well rounded human beings.

Anonymous

A short investigation had to be made?????

Why? Who in the world took it upon themselves to investigate her story and make the results public? I don’t see any point in that sort of activity except to make trouble.

I think it is best if we leave these people alone to deal with their own business. The relationships they have with each other are undoubtedly complex after all these years of working together. People are pushed into situations they don’t want to be in for all sorts of reasons.
    None of us knows the background here; it seems to me it pays to be careful when you’re dealing with second hand information about other people’s motivations.

Enjoy the show, enjoy the characters. Let the actors be.

elmey

mandara k
    Participant

Aw the heck with all of this!!! The series is getting close and it may be my old stomping grounds (Boston) vs. my new playing field (Chicago) or any combination of Florida or New York, etc…. Gots to go with the Cubbies; they are The Cinderfellas and World Series at WRIGLEY, priceless!

I’m just happy for those that got to meet everyone and had a good time; I’m just tickled now that I’ve been told to move along. Thank you!!!!!! I’m glad to be completely free. I’ve been absolved of all crime and acquitted of all wrongdoing from now on. The demarcation line has been drawn from this day October 14, 2003. Good luck to all!!!

Anonymous

I have to second what Elke said.

Bottom line, had a marriage, claimed a car accident, bailed on Dragoncon and went to Germany.

1) It’s her life, and her obligation to do what she sees as the best thing. I don’t think its our right to question her decisions.

2) On the other hand, people relied on her commitment and suffered loss, and perhaps are owed an apology.

As for whether a car accident occurred or not, or why McManus bailed and all of that stuff. It’s all just rumour and speculation, and really not worth getting into. Perhaps this thread has gone on just a little too long.

Maybe we should just go back to talking about LEXX. Or Angel, or Firefly, or Farscape, Red Dwarf, Smallville or whatever… If I have to keep arguing international politics with SgtDraino my eyeballs are going to bleed.

Anonymous
    ”Valdron” wrote:

If I have to keep arguing international politics with SgtDraino my eyeballs are going to bleed.

We’ve been waiting for you to leave Afghanistan and come to The Village ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Pick a number……

elmey

theFrey
    Participant
    ”elmey” wrote:

…. Who in the world took it upon themselves to investigate her story and make the results public? I don’t see any point in that sort of activity except to make trouble. ….. elmey

Public record information retrevial is one of the good things about the internet that people who, like Xenia, who do not spend a lot of time surfing may not realize. Of course data mining is one of the bad things. ๐Ÿ˜›

Actually, I had heard, before the other posts, that a few fans who were concerned about Xenia’s health had done some public recording checking looking for information on the severity of the accident.

What they did and did not find, and whether or not it collaborated with the other information that later emerged, I did not, and will not speculate on. But, I will say that the world is becoming a scary place to fib in. ๐Ÿ™‚

We now live in a world where anyone who knows the right bases, works with public records in their job, or has a few bucks to commission a search, can bust your lying little hiney in a heart beat. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good? Bad? Annoying perhaps, but over all good I think. For every person busted for trying to slip out of something with a little white lie, you also have some maniac who has anger management or credit scamming tendencies not setting up housekeeping with one of your siblings. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    ”elmey” wrote:

We’ve been waiting for you to leave Afghanistan and come to The Village ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Pick a number……

elmey

I’m number one. Wait, I’m number six! Who is number one?
    You are, number six.

Anonymous
    ”Valdron” wrote:

”elmey” wrote:

elmey

I’m number one. Wait, I’m number six! Who is number one?
    You are, number six.[/quote]I am not a number! I am a free man!

Anonymous

I am not a man…. I am an ELEPHANT!!!!!

Oh wait, let me check, maybe I am a man after all.

Yes! Yes, thats it, I am a man!

A man with the proportional powers of an ELEPHANT!!!!

But with semi-great power, comes great responsibility. What shall I do with these newfound gifts, the ability to pick up a peanut with my…. erm… appendage, a memory that never quits, an inability to jump, ears that stick out, and the proportional strength of an elephant, enabling me to lift one entire sixth of my body weight!

Hmmm actually, this means I’m overqualified for the Bush cabinet.

I know! I shall be a superhero and fight… or at least annoy crime!
    Thats it! I shall go out and annoy crime, and wear a costume which although concealing my identity shall fully display my …. herm… qualities!

From this day henceforwardforthrightliness I shall be known as ELEPHANT-MAN, tidier of wrongs, avenger of awkwardness, protector of the buxom, and wiper of unclean surfaces!

Anonymous

Listen up, if David Lynch comes by, I was never here. All right?

Anonymous
    ”Valdron” wrote:

But with semi-great power, comes great responsibility. What shall I do with these newfound gifts, the ability to pick up a peanut with my…. erm… appendage, a memory that never quits, an inability to jump, ears that stick out, and the proportional strength of an elephant, enabling me to lift one entire sixth of my body weight!

๐Ÿ˜ฏ OOOOOOOOOOO, I wanna see Valdron picking up peanuts!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

pet
    Participant
    ”Micromary” wrote:

”Valdron” wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ฏ OOOOOOOOOOO, I wanna see Valdron picking up peanuts!!!! :D[/quote]

Eiiwww…*giggle*

I am not a Number, I am a Fremen!

Oh, wait, I AM a number. My bad… too much time in the Dune Guide….

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.