just saw Tunnels!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

guys, i have to say this is definitely the beans hitting their stride…kai on trial reminds me of me sitting at the DMV growing cobwebs, or my days in meetings when i was an engineerJEEZ WHY COULDN’T I HAVE HAD A BRACE?! all those people gnawing on my brains…and you know, prince is really growing on me (except the continuity people should have caught the scene where he didn’t have his lip ring!) and lex gigeroff as a demented surgeon…someday i want to tie these beans down and find out about some of their experiences with doctors…a traumatic rectal exam perhaps? i just wish kai could have been naked in this one too…in fact, i vote he spends all of season 4 nekked ) what did you guys think?

Anonymous

I thought it was great too. Lex does have an amazing abuility to play the complete nutter

The dialogue was very sharp, I was amazed much ‘union banter’ the show depicted – acurately.

Kai nekked for season 4 would hurt the eyes

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

You know what I think.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:

But what a way to go blind! sigh

I liked Tunnels, but I (a person who loves the looks of boots) would not sniff them. Stanley foot spores up my nose! ewwww.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

FX wrote:

i just wish kai could have been naked in this one too…in fact, i vote he spends all of season 4 nekked

I like that idea. I say we lobby Salter Street to make FX a writer for season 4. Who’s with me?

I thought Tunnels was a really good episode. It gave us a good picture of what a hellish place Fire really is. Lex G. did a superb job as the psycho doctor, too.

I get the feeling that Kai was thisclose to telling the panel members “adjudicate this, butthead! Just throw me off the f—ing ledge.”

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

Remember, boys and girls – Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone else noticed the missing lip ring. I saw a similar thing in the last Xena ep. Ares earring flwe off his ear, he jumped on a hoers and guess what, the earring was back!Call me wicked, I love catching things like that on tv!. Tunnels was a twisted tale for sure! I can relate! reminds me of the multitude of non meetings I have been forced to attend over the course of my working years. A handy little claw would have come in mighty handy! eeeewwww shoe fetish for sure. Lex was really creepy in this show. Did anyone notice the strategic water stains he was sporting when he caught Stan the second time?

DalekTek790
    Participant

I saw that too!

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

I just watched Tunnels this morning. I liked Kai in this episode. But at the end, I got the feeling that Prince wasnt prince . “I wanted you to love me, Stan.” Wasnt that a May line? And what about xev? Maybe I drank one pot of coffee too much!

Anonymous

[/B][/QUOTE]
    meeYOW

Anonymous

For those who posted
    “More Kai nekked”
    May I recommend another viewing of “Speaking Parts”?!!
    *Rustam nearly falls off her chair*
    I swear, I’m more in love with that man’s lips and….nose than anything else.
    Best to leave the rest to one’s imagination.
    ***No, nevermind the fact that his milky-white skin makes me quiver!!!!*****
    *Unable to maintain her balance, Rustam decides it’s time for another session with her shower massage*
    Scuze me….*slinks off*

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:
    But what a way to go blind! sigh

I liked Tunnels, but I (a person who loves the looks of boots) would not sniff them. Stanley foot spores up my nose! ewwww.

oh yeah…personally when i go hunting for small prey in my spike heel boots i make sure not to take the boots off!(might ruin the mood!)

Anonymous

I like that idea. I say we lobby Salter Street to make FX a writer for season 4. Who’s with me?
    thank you thank you …i promise to give really rigid quality control

I thought Tunnels was a really good episode. It gave us a good picture of what a hellish place Fire really is. Lex G. did a superb job as the psycho doctor, too.

yeah, i’m thinking about adopting his costume and mannerisms for some of my more difficult patients…

I get the feeling that Kai was thisclose to telling the panel members “adjudicate this, butthead! Just throw me off the f—ing ledge.”

AMEN wouldn’t you just love to throw that line out at your next meeting, and have the brace (or Kai) to back you up!

[/B][/QUOTE]

Anonymous

I got the feeling that Prince wasnt prince . “I wanted you to love me, Stan.” Wasnt that a May line? And what about xev? Maybe I drank one pot of coffee too much![/B][/QUOTE]
    kewl koncept…i’ll have to cogitate on it awhile with a martini…i thought zev was prince at the end? isn’t that why he disappears? and then the trailers show zev seducing or being seduced by Kai, and a scene where the key to the lexx is being passed to her/him…i thought that locked it up but i’ll check again tonight

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Rustam:
    For those who posted
    “More Kai nekked”
    May I recommend another viewing of “Speaking Parts”?!!
    *Rustam nearly falls off her chair*
    I swear, I’m more in love with that man’s lips and….nose than anything else.
    Best to leave the rest to one’s imagination.
    ***No, nevermind the fact that his milky-white skin makes me quiver!!!!*****

rustam, here i am in nyc where “if you can’t find it you don’t need it”and i still have not seen speaking parts! but yeah, on a purely professional level you understand, i do admire kai’s lips and nose….

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    I was wondering if anyone else noticed the missing lip ring. Call me wicked, I love catching things like that on tvshoe fetish for sure. Lex was really creepy in this show. Did anyone notice the strategic water stains he was sporting when he caught Stan the second time?

yup, i love continuity glitches-always gives me delusions of adequacy as opposed to feeling like a semi-sentient being with opposable thumbs!(my usual state)

Anonymous

MMhmmm, FX!
    One must remember that Prince is enjoying his different forms.
    He romances the men as well as the women.
    He’s irm….well. I’d better not tell you.
    Did anyone notice a diffence in Xev at the end of the episode?!
    Kai’s in trouble for sure!

——————

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

rustam, here i am in nyc where “if you can’t find it you don’t need it”and i still have not seen speaking parts! but yeah, on a purely professional level you understand, i do admire kai’s lips and nose….

[/B][/QUOTE]

Your kidding me! YOU haven’t seen it? And me having to go hours away just to be in a city that claims to have a symphany, has seen it at least twice! bwaaa ahahahaha. Sorry ….. getting loopy…*thinks of the videoconference scene and grins evilly*

Drat, now I’ve gone and ruined that good Karma thing.

OK, on to Tunnels. I really wanted to see Kai behead the panel of innane useless people. Drat, can’t have everything. It was just plain painful watching them be redundant. Makes a girl want to scream, GET a THESAURAS!

I’m wondering what’s gonna happen to poor Stanley. They left him hanging. And I’m not going to spoil this next episode for myself. I like the surprises!

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

Just how evil do you have to be to end up a psycho-ballerina on Fire? I wanted to smack them both! Lex, was a little too good **shudder** as that demented ‘doctor.’ (Stanley cracked me up when he yelled, “Stupid doctors!”) Ugh, the Tunnels are the worse place on Fire, so far. However, I thought Prince was positively paternal, running about saving Xev and Stanley. True, he was only after his own ends but they’d have been sliced lunchmeat if Prince hadn’t intervened. He looked quite striking in this episode, too.
    The interrogation scene was so funny! There’s just no shocker to finding bureaucrats on Fire; now I know it’s Hell! You could see the frustration pouring off of Kai. I thought it was kinda neat when the Procurer started singing Kai’s song, after Kai stole their balloon.

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 01-17-2001).]

Anonymous

Irm, FX, “Speaking Parts” is available on the web. Or WAS…when I ordered it.
    Atom Eyogan’s films are strange tho’.
    I’d get it only if I was a film student or a Michael McManus fan.
    *Rustam thinks of the strange S&M bit at the beginning of the film*

I’d much rather watch LEXX. That way, I’m not constantly running the shower…..

——————

[This message has been edited by Rustam (edited 01-17-2001).]

Anonymous

Sizzle~~~
    Yes, for a dead man poor Kai was exhibiting a high degree of frustration with the committee. Must have been because he was out of alignment. I just love it when McManus can sneak something into the stories besides the stony faced, emotionless assassin. He has such an expressive face. As to Speaking Parts, I have a copy of it and have watched it more than once! It is an unusual movie to say the least. I also have Exotica (no MM, but a hell of a movie) and Family Viewing (60 sec at best of MM) all three by Egoyan. They are all very different from main stream movies, even some of the more macabre ones.

Anonymous
    Inactive

quote:

for a dead man poor Kai was exhibiting a high degree of frustration with the committee. Must have been because he was out of alignment.

Well.. a lot of that was simply a ploy to get them to chuck him off the roof.

Anonymous

Sizzle~~~
    Yes, for a dead man poor Kai was exhibiting a high degree of frustration with the committee. Must have been because he was out of alignment. I just love it when McManus can sneak something into the stories besides the stony faced, emotionless assassin. He has such an expressive face.

well, blackcloud is mailing me her copy of speaking parts so i’ll have to reserve comment on that but yeah, mm does have a wonderfully elastic face and he can say a lot with an eyebrow or a frown and i really liked kai maneuvering of the procurer into firing the brace, he knew he was dealing with faceless bureaucrats who will not make a decision or take responsibility for themselves and after playing with them a bit he decided to get serious and get moving…i dont think kai’s frustration is entirely trying to get these guys to throw him off the wall, i think it’s part of the global “i was part of the game, now i am not anymore and i am fed up with it because nothing ever changes” that we see consistently with his character

crusader
    Participant

I alsow saw Tunnels and it was…crazy!!!

Buy GREAT!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.