Just watched the 1st season on DVD!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Stargate SG-1 Just watched the 1st season on DVD!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I need more, you hear me! MORE!!! Ok I’ll calm down now. Its so wrong to get me hooked on this show and now I can’t see anymore except for what the local stations show.

-SM

pet
    Participant

I bought this for my honey for Xmas. I must say, I never really took to the show. Seeing them back-to-back from the beginning, though, I’ll admit it’s growing on me. I love the art direction, and the portrayal of the military is atypical and more realistic than I expected. The highest-ranking officer doesn’t get involved with the day-to-day adventures, (which is something that irked me about the 1st season of B5), and the highest-ranking officer actually going on the missions is the wise-ass of the group, which is more likey to happen IRL.

I’m also impressed that the female of the group isn’t constantly the butt of sexual innuendo, a cliche in which many shows fall so easily.

You can consider me converted! (Not enough to pay for Sci-Fi again, but I’m buying the second set!)

Pet;D

[ 10-01-2003: Message edited by: pet ]

nasym
    Participant

god slopemaster, you have my envie…

I havent even seen all episodes of the first year!!!
    (need MORE time for tv)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.