K-Town Episode????

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I think I might have missed this episode. Does any one know if Sci-fi channel actually played this episode?? I live in Connecticut(USA) and thought that I had kept a good eye out for when sci-fi was starting the series again, but for all purposes I missed out on this episode??? Either I spaced and missed it or Sci-fi never played it. Either way I am bummed. I was looking forward to seeing something totally weird and out of it. as well as Kai almost “naked”. I guess I will just have to purchase it. Someone said in another post that you can buy the episode from “Black Star”?? How do I access??
    Thanks

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by sapphire753:
    I think I might have missed this episode. Does any one know if Sci-fi channel actually played this episode

I think it aired in the eastern US a couple of weeks ago, not sure about Connecticut though.

Someone said in another post that you can buy the episode from “Black Star”?? How do I access??

you can access the episode on video tape at BlackStar: http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000059114

Unfortunately, it’s in the Eurtopean PAL video format. I don’t know where you can by US vid tapes. I’m sure someone else will answer this thread and tell you where you can.

——————

Anonymous

K-Town was the first new ep Sci Fi aired this season. It was the one right after Gondola which is where they left off last summer. Currently, PAL is the only format season 3 is in. There is a site where they will convert from PAL to NTSC for an additional charge. Sorry, I don’t know the address and I am not certain if they have Season 3 Lexx. There are a lot of places where video store will convert from one format to the other. I imagine the price would vary according to the area. Also, I first got an unedited Giga Shadow and Love Grows tape which had been converted to NTSC at a Sci Fi convention.

Anonymous

welcome sapphire753,
    in this very forum, on the “videos of episodes” thread, aleck wrote and gave us some good direction…for the season 1 (movies) go to amazon.com and look under the individual titles (i worship his shadow, etc.)
    for dvds, check out videoflicks.com, a canadian firm that will ship to the us
    for season 2 in the us, acorn media will be releasing late may (aleck works for or with acorn media)

to find out when and what lexx episodes are showing in the us, go to scifi.com.lexx and look at the showbot, each episode airs 2-3 times per week so even if you cannot watch, you can tape, you are on the same schedule as i am (in nyc) so k-town was two weeks ago but i am sure they will show it again as season 3 is almost over and we have a long cold wait for season 4…or if you get desperate enough as i anticipate i will sometime this summer you can roadtrip with me to halifax and storm salter street and demand videos! write again, love fx

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    welcome sapphire753,
    in this very forum, on the “videos of episodes” thread, aleck wrote and gave us some good direction…

Thanky for the kind words, FX! The sources that FX gave are probably the best, but shop around for the Season 1 tapes to see what place gives you the better deal. I’m assuming that since Paramount is still handling the tapes, they’re available from most on-line retailers, at least. And yeah, I work for Acorn in DVD production.

i am sure they will show it again as season 3 is almost over and we have a long cold wait for season 4…or if you get desperate enough as i anticipate i will sometime this summer you can roadtrip with me to halifax and storm salter street and demand videos! write again, love fx

You know, I *hate* not being able to say things that I know. Or at least things that I’ve heard. Being in the job that I’m in, I don’t want to alienate anybody that may have something to do with the stuff we’re putting together, so I end up having to be relatively silent about details. Sometimes the only way to say what I want to say is to disguise it as a non sequitur.

But then, I’d *never* do that.

You know, I’m really looking forward to this July.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    welcome sapphire753,
    in this very forum, on the “videos of episodes” thread, aleck wrote and gave us some good direction…for the season 1 (movies) go to amazon.com and look under the individual titles (i worship his shadow, etc.)
    for dvds, check out videoflicks.com, a canadian firm that will ship to the us
    for season 2 in the us, acorn media will be releasing late may (aleck works for or with acorn media)

to find out when and what lexx episodes are showing in the us, go to scifi.com.lexx and look at the showbot, each episode airs 2-3 times per week so even if you cannot watch, you can tape, you are on the same schedule as i am (in nyc) so k-town was two weeks ago but i am sure they will show it again as season 3 is almost over and we have a long cold wait for season 4…or if you get desperate enough as i anticipate i will sometime this summer you can roadtrip with me to halifax and storm salter street and demand videos! write again, love fx

The last time I checked out amazon, they were still selling the season 1 movies for full price, meaning upwards of $60. I tried blockbuster, too, and the same thing happened. I know I saw a site recently that sold the videos in the right format, but I don’t remember where it was (why didn’t I mark it!? ARGH!) because I’m broke right now and can’t afford to entertain thoughts of actually owning the vids. You could try eBay. Someone is usually auctioning off something. When the Dragonfliers did their auction to raise money for the Variety ad, I managed to snag two of the videos and then went ahead and donated more money because I felt guilty for snagging them, lol. This is probably why I’m always broke…

Anyway, I’d try eBay just to see. The bidding gets steep the longer the auction goes on, though. If I ever find that site that I saw again, I’ll post it. For some reason, it seems to me that I ended up there by following links from Dr. Del’s site. Actually, it might have been on Dr. Del’s site. I don’t remember. Bleah, sorry. My mind is not so good.

——————
    ~*~I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock~*~ They Might
    Be Gia

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by elfkin:
    The last time I checked out amazon, they were still selling the season 1 movies for full price, meaning upwards of $60.

Try again. I just checked now to make sure that I was right, and they are down to $7.99 each. Re-released January 9. Hope you can end up getting ’em!

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Try again. I just checked now to make sure that I was right, and they are down to $7.99 each. Re-released January 9. Hope you can end up getting ’em!

–Aleck

aleck bless your little heart for all the posts, if i hadn’t vowed not to set foot in maryland again after my parents lived there for a couple of years i’d come and give you a big smooch, especially for the july non-sequitors

Anonymous

quote:

When the Dragonfliers did their auction to raise money for the Variety ad, I managed to snag two of the videos and then went ahead and donated more money because I felt guilty for snagging them, lol. This is probably why I’m always broke…

Ah, who cares about a mind when you’ve got a heart like yours! You are one of the reasons why I say Lexx fans are like no other. Videoflicks does have the season one videos. I’ve looked in on Amazon, today and I don’t see them listed, anymore. Aleck’s right, though, I do remember seeing them there. I freaked at the low price of $7.99 because I paid a couple of car payments when I got mine, almost two years ago. Maybe I’ll drop them a query as to why they’ve made the vids go ‘poof!’

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    aleck bless your little heart for all the posts, if i hadn’t vowed not to set foot in maryland again after my parents lived there for a couple of years i’d come and give you a big smooch, especially for the july non-sequitors

Anonymous

Well, I somehow sent this off without the reply that I typed up. Dunno how that happened…

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

Well, poop. And I just moved out here. ๐Ÿ˜›
    …And did I post a July non sequitur? I may have said that I was looking forward to July, but that could have been for any number of reasons. Of course, it could always transpire that some unnamed channel will have a season premiere of some unnamed show in the last part of that month, but that would just be a coincidence, now, wouldn’t it?

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    season 3 is almost over and we have a long cold wait for season 4…or if you get desperate enough as i anticipate i will sometime this summer you can roadtrip with me to halifax and storm salter street and demand videos! write again, love fx[/B]

Going to Halifax sounds GREAT!! If I was free and single,(meaning without offspring), I would go for it. I remember the good ol’ roadtrip days, what fun. What I would give just to be able to go to a convention and meet the stars. Have Fun and as we used to say in the days past,( I’m going to be very unpolitically correct now), Never go straight only go forward. (HEE HEE) My husband would have a hard time believeing that the straight laced mom of today was a wild child of yesterday!! Have fun.
    Sapphire753

Anonymous

Keep plugging, Saff! My husband didn’t think going to Halifax was a good idea last year…
    But I’ve got him now — he’ll go, even if he’s just there as a bodyguard…heheheh.

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

quote:

–Aleck

Ohohoh… well, I will try again, then. Amazon has always been good for finding me the obscure books I need for my classes, so if I can get them there, I will out of loyalty.

Hopefully, they’re up again since BlackCloud said they’d gone missing. Can’t afford them this month, but mebbe next month. Still paying off tuition and Christmas bills…

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

Hopefully, they’re up again since BlackCloud said they’d gone missing. Can’t afford them this month, but mebbe next month. Still paying off tuition and Christmas bills…

Just checked them again, and (well, at least IWHS…that’s the only one I looked as, kind of as a litmus test) they’re still there. Here’s the URL for IWHS. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6304612796
    (If this doesn’t link, just copy and paste into the browser window.)

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Just checked them again, and (well, at least IWHS…that’s the only one I looked as, kind of as a litmus test) they’re still there. Here’s the URL for IWHS.

–Aleck

I went right after I posted the message, found all four available, and bought the two I needed, regardless of my current empty savings/checking status. I figure I can afford twenty bucks whether I know it or not. Hehehe… thanks for all the info!

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Christine Carroll
    Participant

if anyones interested .. I went to Videoflicks.com and they have the 4 ? first lexx movies (set) on DVD for about 55.00 US dollars and dvd’s of two episodes each for about 14.99 each US. I can’t help my self I know VHS is a lot cheaper then DVD but every since I got a DVD player (two months ago) every time… I GO OUT THE DOOR… I got to go to the store and buy me a dvd…as a result I’m Completly broke and have about 190 DVD’s not including sets the whole both seasons of the X-files and the Jurassic park collection and the Toy Story collection, Friends collection, SEX and the City, Scream Collection, everything !!! I’m Addicted!!!!

——————
    “to air is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

Anonymous

You can buy NTSC format LEXX videos from http://www.amazon.com. I think almost all of the videos are available

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by woosang:
    You can buy NTSC format LEXX videos from http://www.amazon.com. I think almost all of the videos are available

From what I could see, it was just the season 1 vids available. I didn’t see anything listed for series 2. Which reminds me, could someone reiterate where we Americans can get season 2 vids? Was it at videoflicks or was it that we had to wait till May for acorn to release them? I got a lil confused reading that post.

Anonymous

[ould someone reiterate where we Americans can get season 2 vids?

season 2 videoflicks, which ships to usa NOW
    or acorn, in usa, in may…
    season 3 i am not sure about, perhaps only in europe/pal format, which can be converted to ntsc in most major cities, depending upon how well healed you are…i am getting terribly confused as well but that may be just my tertiary syphilis

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

[ould someone reiterate where we Americans can get season 2 vids?

season 2 videoflicks, which ships to usa NOW
    or acorn, in usa, in may…
    season 3 i am not sure about, perhaps only in europe/pal format, which can be converted to ntsc in most major cities, depending upon how well healed you are…i am getting terribly confused as well but that may be just my tertiary syphilis

Okay, to make things clear…
    Season 2 VHS and DVD will be available in late May through both Koch and Acorn. The Koch releases will be available through videoflicks and other Canadian-based retailers, and Acorn’s releases will be available in the US.
    The only LEXX vids that videoflicks has at the moment are the Season 1 releases.
    So, if you’re looking for NTSC releases of Season 2, just hang on until May. They’ll eventually get to you.
    As for Season 3, well, Acorn has an option on Season 3, which means that if Season 2 sells reasonably well (which I don’t think that anyone really has any doubts about), then we can have the rights to Season 3, and get them out as well. It all just depends on performance.
    Hopefully, I’ll have some more info on where we are in getting LEXX done (like what special features we’ll have, etc.) by Tuesday. I’d probably have the info by tomorrow, but I’m taking a day off for my birthday.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Okay, to make things clear…
    Season 2 VHS and DVD will be available in late May through both Koch and Acorn. The Koch releases will be available through videoflicks and other Canadian-based retailers, and Acorn’s releases will be available in the US.
    The only LEXX vids that videoflicks has at the moment are the Season 1 releases.
    So, if you’re looking for NTSC releases of Season 2, just hang on until May. They’ll eventually get to you.
    As for Season 3, well, Acorn has an option on Season 3, which means that if Season 2 sells reasonably well (which I don’t think that anyone really has any doubts about), then we can have the rights to Season 3, and get them out as well. It all just depends on performance.
    Hopefully, I’ll have some more info on where we are in getting LEXX done (like what special features we’ll have, etc.) by Tuesday. I’d probably have the info by tomorrow, but I’m taking a day off for my birthday.

–Aleck

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And thank you for the info on the vids. I shall sit tight and hope they’re out in time for my b-day in mid May. Mebbe I can worm a few out of the parental units or something like that. You are just an indisposable wealth of information Aleck!

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

crusader
    Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

thanx for sorting out us poor befuddled slobs yet again aleck, and hipppo birdies to you, you have earned it )

Christine Carroll
    Participant

It my Birthday today !!!!!! 17 !!!!

——————

Anonymous

*smiling at all the hubbub*

It’s nice to feel like you’ve got somebody on the “Inside” heh… oops that didn’t sound right…!

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

Just wanted to say thanks for all the birthday wishes! Just got through going over some of the supplements and screens for the DVD releases. I’m gonna pop over to the “LEXX General” forum and start a new topic, and post what I’ve got so far there, so people won’t end up having to guess where to look.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:
    It my Birthday today !!!!!! 17 !!!!

Happy Birthday “Baby”! i remember 17 …

Anonymous

You know, FX, I really would like to see the Stan character grow in season 4. I don’t mean do an about face, but darn it , at least let him think about something other than his own a– and getting a piece of a– every episode outta the season. Some of my fave eps are when he acts like a human being instead of a snivling horny toadie. I apologize for the overuse of alliteration, but it seems appropriate somehow.

crusader
    Participant

Yeah!!! I agree with you!!!
    But he has grown alot!!! Specaly in series 3!
    I mean, I feal the Stan would doe almoust anything to save Xev!!! (But shes about the onlyone) But he is still to selfish and sexcrazy!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Oh, and one more thing!!!

What does the “K” in K-town stand fore?
    (In sweden “K” means kulture! But I dont think that thats the case in K-town)

——————
    I am the crusader

Christine Carroll
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Oh, and one more thing!!!

What does the “K” in K-town stand fore?
    (In sweden “K” means kulture! But I dont think that thats the case in K-town)

Maybe K-town stand for Kai-town since the episode has more of a “Center” around Kai and we get to see the full “Package” that is Kai!!!
    ———– HE’s SO YUMMY!!!————— (I’m sitting here drooling,wishing that Kai knew me and had all his parts !!!! YES! )

——————

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

Excerpt from “Exquisite Corpse” by Poppy Brite

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

Anonymous

yeah newmoniker, i for one get weary of stan’s eternal quest to get nooky but i suppose if you are not getting any you’re always going to be questing…at least if you are a guy women do not seem to have that problem…or maybe they are just choosier? i haven’t added up actual minutes per episode but the stan portions seem painfully long, especially with his painful maneuvering and absolutely revolting pucker ups for kisses (kudos to brian downey for making stanley foreplay so incredibly revolting-don’t you just want to scream when he’s standing there with his lips hanging out and licking them AAAAAAckk!) i particularly liked zev’s look of amusement and contempt when he’s trying to kiss her and she’s sort of shaking her head “no this is not turning me on in the least”…so yyeah, stanley definitely needs to branch out and start becoming more of a human instead of just existing for his food,drink and sex…and we have been getting glimpses in 3 that he could be a decent person if he could just get over the light universe programming…xev however seems to be at a standstill, she really hasn’t gone anywhere this season except having acquired a hard cynical edge…regards k-town, i thought it was killing town since all the people were very nasty and turning on strangers and each other like rabid rats…but i like kai town too given the infamous scene (which is now my compputer wallpaper!) but i still say kai needs some meat on his bones!

[This message has been edited by FX (edited February 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

I’m with you FX. Those sticking out bones can be painful under certain circumstances, ah er no pun intended. I have wondered about the K-Town part as well. Halifax has a street named Queen, Prince and Duke and a zip Canada style of B3K.
    Both ideas have merit the K for Kai-Cod being the most stimulating of the two. Stan has grown some, but man oh man I do weary of the whining. Xev has just basically become detached and cold. I really do miss the Xev that, although not driven to passion, did care about our nookie chaser. There were very few gentle moments with her throughout season 3.

Anonymous

as you can see i think stans kick @$$.hes’ my fav character becasue he is the most flawed and intresting. anyway i think that they should have put in more times when he is courageous but it is Stan comning up with it and he can’t remeber all of those times becasue he sees destroying the His Divine Shadow his finest hour (i guess)

Anonymous

well im a moron that post belongs i na different thread…..

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Hi Everyone !!! Could anyone give me a link to “acorn” or any other site that is/will be selling Lexx DVD’s. PLEASE !!!!!!! I NEED INFO!!! Thanks!!! Lov Ya All!!! :o*) (smiley kiss)

——————

“Look for me by the moonlight-

Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

Excerpt from “Exquisite Corpse” by Poppy Brite

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

[This message has been edited by Christine Carroll (edited February 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:
    Hi Everyone !!! Could anyone give me a link to “acorn” or any other site that is/will be selling Lexx DVD’s. PLEASE !!!!!!! I NEED INFO!!! Thanks!!! Lov Ya All!!! *) (smiley kiss)

Well, there’ll be several sites selling the LEXX Season 2 DVDs. Ours, at http://www.acornmedia.com, amazon.com, http://www.scifi.com, and lots of others. But again, you’ll have to wait until May 29th for ’em. For Season 1 DVDs, go to http://www.videoflicks.com. Or, you can get ’em from Salter Street’s site (though they say they’re only available to Canadian residents, I think they ship across borders. Not sure about that, though).

–Aleck

Anonymous

Originally posted by Stans#1Fan:
    as you can see i think stans kick @$$.hes’ my fav character becasue he is the most flawed and intresting.

yup, flawed is definitely more interesting in my book too, and his character is fulll of potential especially given what i have read of brian downey i think he really could strut his stuff if they give him more opportunities and less gratuitous whining/sex starved one-sidedness! dont worry about posting in the wrong forum, it seems to be happening to all of us christine let us know when you get your dvds you little junkie…i’ll be quite envious about your seeing the uncut, uncommericialed versions!

crusader
    Participant

I totaly agree with you about the Beach!!! (And about Stan)
    I Feal that sending Stan to fire was a wrong desition! I think that the good hes done takes away the bad!!! And the “Blow up Water” thing! He was placed in a hard situasion… you know! I mean, having to chuse between destroing a planet or leting someone he loved die! And like Stan usaly doe he convinsed himself that he was making the right choise!!! Inside he know that it was the wrong choise! I dont know what I would have done! Not the one he did, I gues but I would goe crazy!
    But he dident doe it bekos he was evil! He did it bekos he was despret and afraid that his true love would die!!! And I dont think that that would cwalified him fore Hell!
    (Foregive my bad spelling)

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Ok, that post was sapose to be in the The Beack topic!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Ok, that post was sapose to be in the The Beack topic!!!

dont worry about it sweetie, some of the posts are showing up in the wrong threads because poor old Sad had to try to sort messages out after the fact and they don’t always link up the right way (sort of a simpleminded answer but all i can handle ) now more importantly, are you coming to the halifax convention, i understand some of your swedish compatriots are! i would like to meet some of the people i have been talking to for the last few months…love fx

crusader
    Participant

I would love to come, but unfortunel Im broke!!! The ones that are supose to give me money when I goe to school messed up so I havent got an income sinse December!!! (You can gues how menny bills I got now!!!)

I dont know where this post goes but its fore “K-town”!

——————
    I am the crusader

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.