Kai is becoming alive, but also evil, I think…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Kai is becoming alive, but also evil, I think…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

What do you think about this? he is showing signs of life, but

*spoiler*

I think that when he was killing the mummy (whatever he was called) I’m sure I saw him taking pleasure in it. what do you think?

Anonymous

Kai’s living soul was a “Romantic-Warrior” and probably quite a bit of philosopher mixed in. He was also unique in the fact he was an explorer, which the Brunnin-G had suppressed over the eons.

Either way his taking pleasure in killing something evil and undead does not in any way indicate that he himself is evil. After all warriors do take some satisfaction in vanquishing enemies, especially evil ones.

But what you said is interesting. Knowing next to nothing about Kai’s living soul for all we know he could be a bit of a scoundrel

edit: PS Im not saying you’re wrong, there is precendence for this. Yottskry once infused with protoblood became a partial slave to HDS and the evil it represented. We also saw this in Mort, it could’ve been meant as a reminder.

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

Anonymous

I personally can’t wait to see what is up with Kai, I personally think that prince has granted his wish, but then how is it going to end, if Kai dies, it’s a sad ending (unless they do a really cheesy kai-in-heaven-all-happy (even though heaven/water has been destoryed)) but it will also be a sad ending if kai does not die, if you know what I mean?

Anonymous

I agree. But I feel Kai *should* die. He deserves it and the peace it will finally bring to his lost soul. But even if he dies it doesent mean an Archtype couldent be around somewhere for a spinoff guest appearence

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    I agree. But I feel Kai *should* die. He deserves it and the peace it will finally bring to his lost soul. But even if he dies it doesent mean an Archtype couldent be around somewhere for a spinoff guest appearence

i agree with that; kai has earned his death and some peace without being at anyone’s beck and call…so i take it you guys liked viva lexx vegas? i have to admit i am really eager to see one of the other episodes we watched being filmed, i particularly want to see ‘ the mummy’ after watching him suffer in pounds of latex and rags and contact lenses for 12 hours …god it is sad to watch this coming to a close but what a ride it has been

DalekTek790
    Participant

And now, in the Flamegrape tradition, a semi-relevant song post:

One
    James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich

I can’t remember anything
    Can’t tell if this is true or dream
    Deep down inside I feel to scream
    This terrible silence stops me.

Now that the war is through with me
    I’m waking up, I cannot see
    That there’s not much left of me
    Nothing is real but pain now.

Hold my breath as I wish for death
    Oh please, God, wake me!

Back in the womb it’s much too real
    In pumps life that I must feel
    But can’t look forward to reveal
    Look to the time when I’ll live.

Fed through the tube that sticks in me
    Just like a wartime novelty
    Tied to machines that make me be
    Cut this life off from me.

Oh please, God, wake me!

Now the world is gone I’m just one
    Oh, God, help me!
    Oh please, God, help me!

Darkness
    Imprisoning me
    All that I see
    Absolute horror
    I cannot live
    I cannot die
    Trapped in myself
    Body my holding cell

Landmine
    Has taken my sight
    Taken my speech
    Taken my hearing
    Taken my arms
    Taken my legs
    Taken my soul
    Left me with a life in Hell.

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    so i take it you guys liked viva lexx vegas?

Well, over all, no, I did not like it, in fact it feel to me that since the end of “The Game”, it’s been going down hill, for example, why go back to earth? but, that’s a bit OT.

But one thing I did like about Viva Lexx Vegas was the end, i.e. the whole kai thing…. maybe he can fall in love with 790? LOL

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: Daniel ]

dgrequeen
    Participant

That was beautiful, DT. And sad.

*sniffle*

Anonymous

I agree, that was beautiful …

Anonymous

I don’t think so. What I saw was Kai hunting something he couldn’t kill outright. Yes, he was taunting the mummy and stuff, but I assume he was just repeating a poem that the mummy himself had composed before Kai killed him the first time. This could be used as a weapon to throw him off-balance.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    This could be used as a weapon to throw him off-balance.

I will admit that this sounds like it could have been the case, but I still think there is more to Kai than meets the eye (wow, that rhymes )

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    I assume he was just repeating a poem that the mummy himself had composed before Kai killed him the first time. This could be used as a weapon to throw him off-balance.

Kai taunting the mummy with the poem was pretty funny. Those divine assassins sure know how to hit you where it hurts the most.

elmey

Flamegrape
    Participant

DT, I posted that Kai: One of yours in the Lexx Art forum. Nice job.

BowCatz
    Participant

The poem reminded me of a war movie titled “Johnny Get Your Gun”. A war vet is blown apart by a land mine, but is not killed. Paralyzed, blind, and totally dependent on those around him at a VA hospital, he taps out “Kill me.” in morse code. I think James Fransicus (sp?) (Longstreet 70s tv show) was in it. Jason Robards was in it, too. He helped the war vet in dream type sequences. Rent it if you want a vet’s perspective of a war. Kai might approve of this movie for the way war stresses the mind.

I was told by my Viet Nam vet husband that this movie was not allowed to be shown on any military facility in Viet Nam or any place where soldiers were stationed in southeast Asia.

I worship His Shadow.
    (yeah, right.)

[email protected]

I’ll miss you, Kai. It’s been fun these past two years.

[ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: BowCatz ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BowCatz:
    The poem reminded me of a war movie titled “Johnny Get Your Gun”. A war vet is blown apart by a land mine, but is not killed. Paralyzed, blind, and totally dependent on those around him at a VA hospital, he taps out “Kill me.” in morse code. I think James Fransicus (sp?) (Longstreet 70s tv show) was in it. Jason Robards was in it, too. He helped the war vet in dream type sequences. Rent it if you want a vet’s perspective of a war. Kai might approve of this movie for the way war stresses the mind.

That is because the Metallica song was inspired by Johnny Got His Gun. In fact, one version of the music video for One included clips from the film.

Flamegrape and several other people have posted the lyrics from songs under threads that they could be perceived as relevant to, and I thought I’d follow suit. I added images to make it interesting.

BowCatz
    Participant

“Johnny Got His Gun”? Okay. I was close.

Help. Having a heck of a time adding an image. I clicked on “IMAGE” and typed in the correct URL and it just isn’t working. Any suggestions welcomed. Nice suggestions, that is.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Daniel:
    What do you think about this? he is showing signs of life, but

*spoiler*

I think that when he was killing the mummy (whatever he was called) I’m sure I saw him taking pleasure in it. what do you think?

Perhaps he was deriving pleasure from it because that is exactly what he wishes for himself, death.

Reveal 7

Anonymous

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    [QB]And now, in the Flamegrape tradition, a semi-relevant song post:

One of the best posts that I’ve seen this season!

Reveal 7

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Reveal7:

Perhaps he was deriving pleasure from it because that is exactly what he wishes for himself, death.

Reveal 7

The dead do not wish but yes, this is possable

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Daniel:
    The dead do not wish but yes, this is possable

In the episode Xevivor, Tina invited Kai to come to Earth and look at information she found.

Tina: Will you come?
    Kai: I wish to come.
    Tina: ME TOO!!

Anonymous

OK, I guess I was wrong

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.