Kai Laughed. ( 4.24 Yo Way Spoiler)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Kai Laughed. ( 4.24 Yo Way Spoiler)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BowCatz
    Participant

At the end, after he crashed, he looked up and laughed. Was it the irony of a similar situation or was it he knew he was about to finally find peace for his spirit?

Man, I’ve been bummed out all day since Yo Way O. It’s like I should call my florist and send flowers to Zev and Stanley or something. Yeah, I cried. Good bye, Kai. Rest in peace.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BowCatz:
    At the end, after he crashed, he looked up and laughed. Was it the irony of a similar situation or was it he knew he was about to finally find peace for his spirit?

I think it was both. I think he realized he’d gone back to the “beginning”, in a way, but that this time the nightmare would finally end. His laughter sounded both bitter and relieved to me…

quote:

Man, I’ve been bummed out all day since Yo Way O. It’s like I should call my florist and send flowers to Zev and Stanley or something. Yeah, I cried. Good bye, Kai. Rest in peace.

Yeah, me too. It was a fitting end for Kai — it was exactly where his story should have gone, according to the way LEXX goes — but I can’t help feeling blue every time I think about it…

Anonymous

Gosh I’m still feeling blue over it, and today is Sunday!! 2 days later. I wonder what the writers intent was? Did they mean for us to feel so blue over it, or did they not realize that we loved Kai so much?? During the show, I kept hopeing that Stan would trade places with Kai, so to make up for the error he made in the beginning of the series. Stan would do it because he needed to, and Kai & Zev could be together. Oh well, so much for that thought. I’m still in tears….10,000 tears for 10,000 years.

sgtdraino
    Participant

I think Kai laughed at least partly because he finally learned the mass of the Higgs-Bozen. He looks up at the device as the numbers finally grind to a halt, and laughs.

Anonymous

Seeing Kai laugh was satisfying and heartbreaking at the same time. I pretty much expected this since seeing the title of the last episode months ago, and the end was fitting and really handled beautifully, but I’m still bummed too each time I think of it. I can’t even bring myself to watch the old shows right now. I’m a bigger piece of mush than I realized.

In an odd way it helps to see I’m not the only one!

elmey

Anonymous

I once read that when someone is unjustly
    killed or martyred after great suffering that, just before they die, the next life is
    shown to them and they usually laugh even though they’re dying because they realize how futile the ties that bind us to this life are. I like to think that’s why Kai
    laughed. But then again, I doubt anyone,
    including MM, would know about this.
    For me anyway, it’s very fitting…and I’m
    very sad.

Helen

DalekTek790
    Participant

He laughed because he saw that the mass of the Higgs boson was a repeating decimal.

Anonymous

Kai,s laugh…what a great ending for him!My first thought was M.M.laughing as much for himself as his character!I have been under the impression from reading various interviews and transcripts that he was working incessantly to ditch his role of Kai!
    And didn’t he say he wanted Kai to disappear into a black hole and never be heard from again? Voila! He got his wish! But seriously, I think it was great…after all they only had an hour – time slot to work with.Praise the Beans for giving Kai the dignity to regain true life and a heroic death clad in black rather than his “other garb”! Also, in retrospect I don’t think he felt anything more than a plutonic love for Zev(I have always wanted to hear an exchange of profound “love” and a gushing forth of heated emotion from them simultaneously.)
    Granted, he was not “truely alive” the last time he saw Zev face to face but it seemed everything he said and even the kiss was more in a response to her pain and him understanding that pain rather than sharing it.Kai could have expressed SOMETHING to her after Prince did fulfill his promise and she noticed he was different on the vidcom.She desperately asks him to dump off the accelerator and get out of harms way…and what is his reply?”I will try to do that,Zev.”That was his opportunity, right there, to say something, anything to her!!!I for one wanted him to profess his undying love,even should he perish(it’s the romantic in me,I’ve wanted them to be together ever since the movies!)But alas…he has answered a higher calling and there will never be any little Kai descendants populating/terrorizing ANY zone…or could
    there be?Would Lexxians ever be receptive to a new Kai the way they embraced Xev after Zev? I am not addressing a spin-off series(which I would LOVE to see happen) but another movie.I’ve thought all the ideas some fans tossed out about an Insect Wars prequel featuring Brunnis sounds particularly
    intriguing!Lot’s to ponder.
    “It is the end and it is the beginning.”
    “Dead is never dead ”

Anonymous

I thought the scenes between Kai and Xev were handled really delicately (the Beans surprised me there) with a lot of breathing room for the actors and for interpretation.

I of course, having this lurid romantic streak , managed to see the scene this way: Kai’s apology to Xev that he couldn’t love her in the way she wanted was what it was, an acknowledgement that he had caused her pain and now that feelings had returned to him he wanted to let her know he understood what that meant.

He didn’t have to tell her he loved her, he initiated their last kiss which it seems to me said volumes. What could he say after all. He KNEW Prince had come for him and to promise love now, just before his death would be cruel–how could he follow up on such a declaration? I think Xev understood that, and told him again that she loved him to let him know she was aware of what both his kiss and his silence meant.

Wonderful acting by both. I like that we can all look at the scene and read into it what we need to make it work for us.

[Q]“Dead is never dead “[/Q]

Yeah, the Beans have been stressing that lately in chats and interviews. I guess just in case, one day……… But I don’t know if I can hold my breath that long!

elmey

[ 29-04-2002: Message edited by: elmey ]

BowCatz
    Participant

Here it is Tuesday night in Mississippi USA and my heart strings are still tender from 4.24. Friday night is coming soon and no Lexx.

I have spent the last two years hoping and hoping that Kai would be made human and that he and Zev would fall in love and it would be so all romantic. With Lexx’ quirkiness, I knew something would happen, but you can’t be too certain with Lexx following normal tv writing. (If you knew me you would raise your eyebrow and say, “BowCatz, you? You? You have a romantic streak? I don’t believe it.” I didn’t know I had it either—till Lexx, Kai, Zev, Stanley, and that 790.)

I guess when Friday, 9:00 PM passes then I’ll start to accept it.

BTW, great crash scene at the end.

Anonymous

DalekTek790: He laughed because he saw that the mass of the Higgs boson was a repeating decimal.

It wasn’t just that the Higgs mass was a repeating decimal, it’s that Kai like us knew the answer was really 42!

I agree with the view that it was both the irony (as in the sad geezer at the end of the Treasure of the Sierra Madre, which I shall not elaborate upon lest there be some poor sad geezer here who hath not watched it yet) and the sense of relief that the Divine Punishment was over and there was irony to how his mission was completed, after 6000 years, compared to how he started.

Kai was free.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:
    I thought the scenes between Kai and Xev were handled really delicately (the Beans surprised me there) with a lot of breathing room for the actors and for interpretation.

I of course, having this lurid romantic streak , managed to see the scene this way: Kai’s apology to Xev that he couldn’t love her in the way she wanted was what it was, an acknowledgement that he had caused her pain and now that feelings had returned to him he wanted to let her know he understood what that meant.

He didn’t have to tell her he loved her, he initiated their last kiss which it seems to me said volumes. What could he say after all. He KNEW Prince had come for him and to promise love now, just before his death would be cruel–how could he follow up on such a declaration? I think Xev understood that, and told him again that she loved him to let him know she was aware of what both his kiss and his silence meant.

Wonderful acting by both. I like that we can all look at the scene and read into it what we need to make it work for us.

[Q][qb]“Dead is never dead “[/Q]

Yeah, the Beans have been stressing that lately in chats and interviews. I guess just in case, one day……… But I don’t know if I can hold my breath that long!

elmey

[ 29-04-2002: Message edited by: elmey ][/QB]

I agree with you completely elmey. For Kai to have let Zev/Xev know he had any feelings for her while he was alive-dead and missing a certain part would have been cruel. But to finally come out and say “I love you Xev, and always have” when he realized Prince had not only kept his promise to make him fully alive but had also come for him as Death, would have been crueler still.

MM

Anonymous

The Mas of the Higgs boson Particle was 131313131313… (13 unlucky for some)

Anonymous

I think Kai has loved Zev/Xev since the beginning, just not in the carnal sense. I was really moved by their last scene together. On a personal note, it seemed as if, knowing this was the end of it, any tension which existed between the actors dissolved in those last 20 minutes. That Kai (MM) was the one initiating the contact, was indeed moving. Stan was wonderful. Brian was at the top of his form. Xev (Xenia)reminded me of the sweet Zev/Xev from season 1 and 2. They put on a Hell of a show for us.

[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: nwmonikr ]

Anonymous

quote:

Here it is Tuesday night in Mississippi USA and my heart strings are still tender from 4.24. Friday night is coming soon and no Lexx.

Where about?
    I’m in Wesson/Beauregard.

Cheery bye,
    Chris.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    He laughed because he saw that the mass of the Higgs boson was a repeating decimal.

Actually, now that I’ve seen the episode, I
    think Kai laughed, not so much because the
    Higgs Boson was a repeating decimal but that
    it was 1313131313. 5 time 13 is 65 and that’s the age of ‘retirement’ in Canada.

Helen

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

But what’s so funny about 13/99? Maybe he was laughing because he realized it was all wrong.

BowCatz
    Participant

I work here in Jackson, MS and own property down in Claiborne county, MS. When I’m not here in Jackson, I’m down there working on the farm.

I was right. As last Friday night passed by, I looked at the clock and it was nearing 9:30 PM and I sighed. No more Lexx. Here it is Friday (two weeks later) and I’m feeling a little better. I swear, it’s like a family member has died.

I’ll never ever let another TV show get to me like Lexx. Never.

Anonymous

quote:

I’ll never ever let another TV show get to me like Lexx. Never.

Oh, but BowCatz…what’s life if you don’t let yourself love?

It broke my heart, too. But I’d rather watch shows that draw me in and make me fall in love with the characters, even if it hurts when it ends…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.