Kai, my liege!

• This topic has 16 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Recent peeks at the season 4 series show Kai advertised in Henry the V as a one man show. Is it a coincidence that the 2001 Straford festival(Ont) is also presenting Henry the V plus Henry the IV parts 1 and 2? Hmmm…Me thinks not!

Anonymous

Are you suggesting that McManus will be doing live Shakespere in Ontario this summer? If so when.

Anonymous

Are you suggesting that McManus will be doing live Shakespere in Ontario this summer? If so when.

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

Hey, that’s an interesting thought; what role from Shakespeare would you like to see our Kai-guy perform?

He’d be about the right age to play Macbeth, wouldn’t he? If not, they could age him a bit with makeup. A stage performance would be good, but I’d absolutely love it if it was a big epic movie of Braveheart-like proportions.

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

What if the Hokey Pokey really *is* what it’s all about?

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

Hey, that’s an interesting thought; what role from Shakespeare would you like to see our Kai-guy perform?

He’d be about the right age to play Macbeth, wouldn’t he? If not, they could age him a bit with makeup. A stage performance would be good, but I’d absolutely love it if it was a big epic movie of Braveheart-like proportions.

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

What if the Hokey Pokey really *is* what it’s all about?

Anonymous

No.That would be ALOT of work.The season runs from April 25 to Nov 4. For more info, see http://www.stratfordfestival.ca

Anonymous

No.That would be ALOT of work.The season runs from April 25 to Nov 4. For more info, see http://www.stratfordfestival.ca

Anonymous

I think it’s not so much a coincidence as much as regular scheduling? Stratford’s been playing those three in tandem since as long as I’ve heard of the theatre. On the other hand, you could be right. If he comes off as Richard Monet, we’ll know for sure. Hey, that’s an interesting thought; what role from Shakespeare would you like to see our Kai-guy perform? I would LOVE to see him as Duke Orsino in “Twelfth Night” driving some poor girl (pretending to be a boy) bonkers with his proximity. Another so-close-but-so-far role. Or, Benedick, in “Much Ado About Nothing!” I saw Maggie Smith and Brian Bedford in Stratford, my first live Shakespeare performance. They were so good, I wanted to cry. Actually, I was laughing so hard sometimes I was crying! Or, maybe, something dramatic like “King Lear?” I think he’d make a great Kent. He’s too young for Lear, even with makeup. Whaddaya think?

Anonymous

I think it’s not so much a coincidence as much as regular scheduling? Stratford’s been playing those three in tandem since as long as I’ve heard of the theatre. On the other hand, you could be right. If he comes off as Richard Monet, we’ll know for sure. Hey, that’s an interesting thought; what role from Shakespeare would you like to see our Kai-guy perform? I would LOVE to see him as Duke Orsino in “Twelfth Night” driving some poor girl (pretending to be a boy) bonkers with his proximity. Another so-close-but-so-far role. Or, Benedick, in “Much Ado About Nothing!” I saw Maggie Smith and Brian Bedford in Stratford, my first live Shakespeare performance. They were so good, I wanted to cry. Actually, I was laughing so hard sometimes I was crying! Or, maybe, something dramatic like “King Lear?” I think he’d make a great Kent. He’s too young for Lear, even with makeup. Whaddaya think?

DalekTek790
    Participant

I might be crazy, but I think the Lexx episode Gondola was patterned after Shakespeare’s Othello.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

DalekTek790
    Participant

I might be crazy, but I think the Lexx episode Gondola was patterned after Shakespeare’s Othello.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Othello? How so?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Othello? How so?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by canuk:
    I’m going make an easy choice since my knowledge of Shakespere is pretty basic. Midsummer Night’s Dream with Kai as Puck, Stan as Bottom, Xev as the Fairy Queen and 790 as Helena.

now that would be fun! good choice canuk!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by canuk:
    I’m going make an easy choice since my knowledge of Shakespere is pretty basic. Midsummer Night’s Dream with Kai as Puck, Stan as Bottom, Xev as the Fairy Queen and 790 as Helena.

now that would be fun! good choice canuk!

Anonymous

Anonymous

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.