Kicking open the Dragon Con Flood Gates

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Kicking open the Dragon Con Flood Gates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Go for it people. Try to get your freinds and family to help. We CAN get Lexx stars to Dragon Con if we really try.

Trini_T gathered up the following contact numbers for us. She wrote

We can CALL THEM. 770-909-O115 m-f 9am-5pm est.

Email them. [email protected] OR Usenet alt.fandom.dragoncon or alt.fandom.cons or rec.arts.sf.fandom

email the director of guest services [email protected]

or send a letter to [email protected] subject:2002 Comment File saying how disappointed you were that Lexx was not officially represented in 2002(doesn’t matter if you were actually there or not) and how you hope things will be better this year.

Don’t let the organizer’s say, “We didn’t know, nobody told us!” or “there wasn’t enough interest.” Remember, BE NICE! Most of these people are volunteers. T_T

One other area you may want to try is a LETTER. The address for Dragon Con is Dragon*Con, PO Box 16459, Atlanta, GA 30321-9998. Be brief, be nice and make sure they know how much you are looking forward to attending. If you have already booked your room or made plane reservations let them know that too!

Infact send your emails, edit them a bit and then snail mail the wordporcessed version. By the time it gets there, your original email will have been counted and processed, so it may let them know you are really, really serious.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Yes, everyone. I encourage all fans to do what theFrey has said.

Anonymous

It seems like a win-win situation-you get to enjoy the results in person, if they are successful! And even if you can’t make it to Dragon Con, you will be helping Lexx maintain a high profile, and its cast and crew desirable and popular additions to any con organizers…possibly a con near you! And if our fav Lexx peeps have to decline an appearance, I’m sure they’d still be flattered by the fan-driven invitation (well o.k, not all of them). Point is…we can collectively voice our support of Lexx in a very well recognized “market”…Dragon Con is a proven heavyweight, and getting LEXX officially represented is a coup for fans and Lexx personnel alike. Long Live Lexx!

[ 15-10-2002: Message edited by: Trini_T ]

Lexxterious
    Participant

I just wanted to add- don’t forget to ask for your favorites whether Xenia Seeburg, Brian Downey, Nigel Bennett etc but especially Ellen Dubin. Ellen ‘Gigerotta the Wicked’ Dubin has to be just about the best fan’s actress ever. She is featured in the current issue of Sirens of Cinema #4. She would love an invitation!

Midori
    Participant

Yes Dont forget Ellen she is sooooo nice! she deserves to be there

mandara k
    Participant

Could you see the Three Beans at a place like the Pink Pony? I think it was a strip club I saw while I was down there; though to be honest if you hang around long enough at Dragon-Con you will see just as much.
    Why can I picture the three of them on a 3 martini lunch with some exotic dancer swirling around a pole in front of them?

Ahhh! I got to start getting the good stuff, mon. (j/k)
    i think we’d have to hire a non-Stan security guard to keep track of them if we ever A.) got them out of Canada and B.) got them away from their loving ladies.

We’ll see how things go.

theFrey
    Participant

First – I am switching my focus to work on the assumption that we WILL have at least one Lexx cast member at DragonCon 2003. I will of course go for more, but we do already have a great amount of interest from three of them, and I KNOW we can get at least one. Unfortunately, the Dragon Con Guest Relations organizers will not be meeting until sometime in January, so no chance of an announcement until then. Sucks huh.

Second – Spread the word, I entreat you to start pushing the DragonCon people to let us have a few guests and forums of our own. Not to be greedy, but I know we could fill at least 10 time forum slots with out any problems. Hey if the Buffy people could have a whole track, why shouldn’t we have at least a half-track (no puns intended) Contact info was in Trini’s excellent post at http://www.sadgeezer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=22&t=000100 Don’t forget to be upbeat in your contacts. We love the nice Dragon Con people. (anyone interested helping to work the forum if we get them scheduled? I can post a list of possible topics if there is any interest.)

Third – I will soon start fundraising efforts to pay for incidental UScon expenses. (No, not mine silly, theSpouse pays those. ) But if we are going to do this thing right, we will need some bucks, because occasionally these things cost money. We may want to rent a party room, or take our guests to dinner or…. whatever.

Anyhow, I will start on a set of Klones to be raffled off, on ebay most likely. And one or two other people have said that they may be able to donate Lexx crafts to be raffled off. If you have anything that you would like to donate, please contact me. If you know of someone who makes something neatly Lexxish and think that they might be interested in helping, please contact them and ask them to contact me at [email protected]

Fourth – Don’t forget, the con badges are going at a discount right now until November 15, 2002. The price for all four days is only $40.0, heck that is only a ten bucks a day. I believe a one day pass cost 30.00 at the door last year, so this is a bargain.

theFrey
    Participant

Just look what positive thinking can accomplish!!!! Representives from both Ms. Seeberg and Ms. Dubin requested Dragon Con Contact info today!!!!!! Yeah….

Ellen ‘Giggerota the Wicked’ Dubin’s publisher has sent out a notice with the following info:

Ms. D has a convention agent who has contacted DragonCon. Apparently the organizers of Dragon Con will consider Ms. Dubin and let the Convention Agent know in February after they have their first meeting.

A further bit of info was that Dragon Con has a reputation of being difficult when working with the actors…. Possibly because of their size. The agent thinks it would be helpful if the fans started e-mailing the organizers that they want Ellen Dubin at Dragon Con, representing her four characters in Lexx. (Ed. Note and indeed the others too!)

Ms. D’s Credits include Giggerotta the Wicked, Queen, G. G. Rota and Pope Genevieve the First on Lexx. Other credits include guest spots on Earth: Final Conflict, First Wave, Highlander: The Raven, Forever Knight, Robocop: Prime Directives, Tracker, Relic Hunter and as a cast member of the upcoming TV series pilot Area 23.

Ms. Seeberg is not only and actor but also a singer.

Ms. Z, is just so darn great and has had had Roles as Lurlean (sp?), Brunen-g newborn, and Bunny (for two seasons)

Mr. Bennet has been Prince and also has Forever Knight appeal. You might mention that if you want to push for him.

And Mr. Downey is … Stan the Man! Captain of the most powerful destructive force in the two universes for crying out loud.

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    I too think it’ll be cool if we had Lexx guests there at Dragon*Con; may be if we keep writing, both Gallifrey & Dragon*Con conventions can have some Lexx guests.

Ms. Seeberg is not only and actor but also a singer.

Frey, may be at Dragon*Con, they can put her on the Concourse; that way, she can perform her songs while the conventioneers go their way.

Mr. Bennet has been Prince and also has Forever Knight appeal. You might mention that if you want to push for him.

Frey, he’s been at a few Gallifrey One conventions, & seems to enjoy them; may be we all can convince him that if he enjoy the Gallifrey Conventions, he’ll enjoy Dragon*Con.

And Mr. Downey is … Stan the Man! Captain of the most powerful destructive force in the two universes for crying out loud.

Frey, may be he’ll enjoy being here in America & being a guest at both Gallifrey & Dragon*Con conventions.
    Take care, have a great, safe & Happy Halloween & Fall.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.