Kin Dza Dza DVD almost ready

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Kin Dza Dza DVD almost ready

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

As some of you know, me and Newkate have been working on a DVD version of the cult Russian Sci Fi Classic, Kin Dza Dza. It’s simply a crime that the west has not had access to such a superb film so we fansibbed it. (You can download our first attempt at the fansub from sadgeezer.net)

Welp, we will soon be in a position to release the DVD on this site. It’s a fansub, but the quality is a lot better and it will be released at cost. It’s important to state that we will only be recovering the cost of the disk, case and postage (haven’t worked out what that is yet – it’ll be something like five or six dollars plus postage) – if the makers of the film release it in the West, our copy will be withdrawn. We only expect a few die-hard cult sci fi SadGeezers to be interested – we’re certainly not in it for the money.

The film is in two parts, and there is a brief intro screen which explains the culture and another screen which gives some background to the story.

It’s been a blast making the DVD (and learning how to do it), here are the screenshots of the three menus.

I thought that some of you might like to see how the project is progressing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is a crime, whole-heartedly agree with your sentiments, and I really appreciate having had the chance to watch this masterpiece — such treasures should get as wide an audience as possible.

It’s wacky AND great, a rare combination — has a real emotional relevance to me, and the dialogue is fantastic (amazing job with the subbing)… off-beat and original! Truly this was a revelatory film for me, I haven’t enjoyed one so much in years, when the DVD is available I will definitely get it. This film has all the makings of a cult classic, it is the ULTIMATE cult film, an amazing find.

Vey nice job with the menus! Looking good! You’ve done a real service to the community. Thanks Newkate and Sad for your dedication and perserverance with the project. I heartily recommend this film — the ultimate cult sci-fi film for the cult sci-fi community.

lizard
    Participant

I want it when it’s ready! Never could get it from the dowload section– I’ve got at least four more people who work with me interested in seeing it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.