King Coffey put the zap on me

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx King Coffey put the zap on me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

I was checking out a Butthole Surfers fan message board today. I thought I’d post a thread asking if any of those freaks had ever seen Lexx:

quote:

Flamegrape:
    I might get ripped a new @sshole for bringing it up since I’m new ’round here, but…

Any u freaks like watching a show called Lexx? I think it’s pretty twisted. I dunno. Maybe a show about a terminally horny love slave from a parallel universe (Xev) who’s hot for a goth-looking undead assassin (Kai) isn’t the kind of things you guys like. Or not.

Recent episodes have featured carrot-shaped alien probes that like to burrow into your @ss.

In another recent episode, Xev and Kai bought a home in Ohio. Xev got a job as mental health councilor at a meat packing plant because she thought it would be an easy way to get laid. Kai slept in the freezer. The episode ended with a shoot-out with psycho teenagers, crackheads, and the FBI. Wholesome family entertainment all around.

The last episode was about a mortician who’s been culling body parts to reconstruct a girl. He wanted to steal the loveslave’s t!ts, but she was the wrong blood type. At the end of the show, our heros were last seen driving a hearse down route 666. It’s all for ****s ‘n’ giggles, ya know.

(Okay, now I’m going back under my rock…)

quote:

johno:
    This sounds JUST like the Ohio I grew up in! I begin to miss it when you put it like that.

quote:

KingC.:
    Got Gummo?[/size=6]

I found out what Gummo[/url] was. Turns out its a twisted art/indie film about some kids in Xenia, Ohio. So I replied:

quote:

Flamegrape:
    Xev, the loveslave, is performed by actress Xenia[/size=5] Seeburg. Far out…

I’ve gotta see this movie.

(I’m pretty certain that was King Coffey, the drummer for the Butthole Surfers.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I’ve gotta see this movie.

(I’m pretty certain that was King Coffey, the drummer for the Butthole Surfers.

Man, never pass up a recommendation from the King of Coffey. Gummo is one of those movies that I cannot tell you if I liked or not. I certainly didn’t *enjoy* it, but I don’t think that enjoyment is something that Harmony Korine (the writer/director) is going for. It’s ugly, it’s repellent, it’s depressing, yet you want to laugh, and still, you feel horrible for wanting to laugh. It’s bumfuzzling.
    I’m still bumfuzzled.

For a *real* treat, try and track down a bootleg copy of Crispin Hellion Glover’s film What Is It? and watch it as part of a double feature with Gummo, and then experience the *ultimate* in discombobulation.

(And if you can track down What Is It?, gimme a call.)

–Aleck

Anonymous

I agree, i think gummo provokes new levels of ambivalence. I’m still sorting out my emotional reaction to that film. I think i would describe it as the scariest film i’ve ever seen, although maybe scary isn’t quite the right word.

Anonymous

Is that the movie with people with Down Syndrome getting jerked off by topless women and pouring salt on slugs? If so, did you ever see the poster for that? E-YIKES!!

Crispin should do a little sci-fi writing of his own. Id watch it.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Evil_Lister:
    Is that the movie with people with Down Syndrome getting jerked off by topless women and pouring salt on slugs? If so, did you ever see the poster for that? E-YIKES!!

Crispin should do a little sci-fi writing of his own. Id watch it.

That’d be the one. There’s so much more of that, though. There’s the tender love story between two slugs, the insane ranting of Crispin, the repeated “My name’s Michael Jackson…Come and take a ride in my limosine” motif, Adam Parfrey (editor and publisher, Feral House Books) in blackface (saying the MJ thing once, adding “I like little boys”), doctored photos of Shirley Temple wearing an SS uniform…man, this thing’ll *never* get a legitimate release. I saw it when Crispin came by Seattle (the second time I caught him) when I lived there, doing his Big Slide Show.

Hey, you’re from Seattle, when’d you see it? I can’t remember the name of the place he was at, but it was some theater downtown, up a few streets from where I lived on 3rd Ave (above the Poor Italian Cafe, across the street from the Moore).

Never saw the poster…Should do an online search for that…

–Aleck (waiting for the sequel, It Is Mine.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.