Kissing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sgtdraino
    Participant

Here’s another example of useless but amusing trivia.

I THINK all of the main characters in Lexx (Kai, Xev, Stan, 790) have kissed each other. Or at least all the actors/actresses have kissed each other.

Let’s try and think of all the examples of main characters, recurring characters, and/or main/recurring actors/actresses kissing!

To start things off, and in preparation for tonight’s chat, Let’s do Brian kissing other actors/actresses:

Brian kissing Eva:

1.02: Super Nova

Brian kissing Xenia:

3.08: The Key

Brian kissing Michael:

4.08: Vlad

Brian kissing Louise:

4.09: Fluff Daddy

You’d think there’d be an example of Brian kissing Patricia, but as far as I can tell, though he comes close on at least three occasions, it never quite happens.

Flamegrape
    Participant

hehehehe!
    I like this thread!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sgtdraino:
    Here’s another example of useless but amusing trivia.

Let’s try and think of all the examples of main characters, recurring characters, and/or main/recurring actors/actresses kissing!

To start things off, and in preparation for tonight’s chat, Let’s do Brian kissing other actors/actresses:

Brian kissing Michael:

4.08: Vlad

You’d think there’d be an example of Brian kissing Patricia, but as far as I can tell, though he comes close on at least three occasions, it never quite happens.

ahem, in the spirit of triviality, i wish to raise the point that michael snogged brian …brian, however, gave a masterful performance of being totally wigged

Anonymous

I need to review Wake the Dead. I sure thought Brian got to kiss Patricia before she got her shower and got whacked. The bit in Vlad was just hysterical!I also thought Stan and Kai in bed together in Trip was pure burlesque and wonderfully amusing.

Anonymous

Didn’t Brian also get a smooch with 790? I wish I could remember where–I know that mutual Yeechhs ensued.

elmey

Anonymous

More trivia:

Every single character and planet to appear on the show has been killed/destroyed.

Kai,Xev,Stan and 790 all died twice.

DalekTek790
    Participant

There is a recurring theme of kissing on Lexx. The manual transfer of essence near the beginning of I Worship His Shadow is called “the kiss.” Then, toward the end of The Giga Shadow, Zev kisses Kai, (who goes along with it despite being emotionless), and it is at this moment the Insect essence in his eyes is revealed.

In Terminal Kai suggests that Zev give Stan a kiss, to help him concentrate in passing the key to her.

Then there is kissing as a way of determining identities in season three. In gondola, Xev says she could tell that the living Kai (actually Prince) was not really Kai because of the way he kissed. Then in The Key Kai lets Xev kiss him, and later says that he could tell she was Prince by the way she kissed.

Fluff Daddy is one of the eight episodes of Lexx I still haven’t seen, but someone posted that Stan and Lulu kiss, and the key to the Lexx is transferred from him to her.

I wonder why there is this continuing trend. Synchronicity? Symbolism? Coincidence? If this was an intentional trend, why? What does it mean (besides inconsistancy in terms of how the key to the Lexx is passed)?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.