Landmark month for sadgeezer.com

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff Landmark month for sadgeezer.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

It looks like we will finally hit the ‘reputable’ website mark today with a new record number of page hits. In a few minutes the number of page hits will reach 25,000 bringing this months hits to more than twice the previous record to 180,000 (we could hit 250,000 hits for September).

Although most of the visitors to this site are lurkers (and most welcome) our membership has also jumped to 2000.

Also, all review pages have been converted from the old guide template and you will notice on the Stats page that we have nearly 500 episode reviews from 12 Guides (with two new ones in production).

I’d just like to sincerely thank all the people who have supported the site over the years and with comments, contributions, news, images & artwork, DVD and Book recomendations and of course posts in SadBOARD.

Anonymous
    SadGeezer wrote:

Although most of the visitors to this site are lurkers (and most welcome) our membership has also jumped to 2000.

Speaking as the “Resident ex-Lurker”; If you’re reading this, now’s a good a time as any to hit that “Register” button and join in on all the polls, conversations, and events this site has to offer! We love to add fresh voices to the old and new conversations.

As always Registration is free and takes less time to do than it did to read this shameless plug ๐Ÿ˜› Just think, 30 seconds from now YOU could be bitching at LexxLurker instead of reading his posts!

More than worth it if you ask me, but I’m a bit nuts. 8)

Congrats Saddy and Sadgeezer.com, you’ve come a long way!

Sasha
    Participant

Lexx – You have successfully convinced me to delurk and say hello.

I have been browsing for about a month. I knew when I bookmarked the site I was hooked. ๐Ÿ™„

The people here appear to be a great community. Of course, no matter where your travels take you, you tend to find drama. We wouldn’t be humans without it. Oh – sorry – don’t mean to offend any of the non-human species! ๐Ÿ˜€

Now that I am officially out of the lurker closet, there may be times you will want to shove me back in – I do tend to ramble at times….

[/quote]

nursewhen
    Participant

Hello and welcome, Sasha ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Sasha wrote:

Now that I am officially out of the lurker closet, there may be times you will want to shove me back in – I do tend to ramble at times….

Not a chance, welcome Sasha ๐Ÿ™‚

Fatguy
    Participant

“If you build it, they will come”. Congrats Sadgeezer, on making your web site a pleasure to visit and contribute. It looks like Sadgeezer.com is going to break another “barrier” and – eventually – plateau at the next level of growth in the life cycle of this site. New challenges and new rewards await, exciting times ahead…..

Maurice

Anonymous
    Sasha wrote:

I have been browsing for about a month. I knew when I bookmarked the site I was hooked. ๐Ÿ™„

The people here appear to be a great community. Of course, no matter where your travels take you, you tend to find drama. We wouldn’t be humans without it. Oh – sorry – don’t mean to offend any of the non-human species! ๐Ÿ˜€

Welcome to Sadgeezer!

Headgehog
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

It looks like we will finally hit the ‘reputable’ website mark today with a new record number of page hits. In a few minutes the number of page hits will reach 25,000 bringing this months hits to more than twice the previous record to 180,000 (we could hit 250,000 hits for September).

It’s a great feeling to see the site take off like this. Yesterday we saw 37k hits. Today its likely only 18k. And yet I’m shrugging off the 15k difference, with little thought. I figure that we get more visitors on the weekend, and a drop is expected. Three weeks ago, when we struggled for 5k/day, I would have thought my current mindset impossible. There was no way I could have written off 1,500 hits let alone 15,000!

It great to see the site finally get the recognition is deserves!

Sasha wrote:

I have been browsing for about a month. I knew when I bookmarked the site I was hooked.

Welcome aboard, its great to have you here.

Fatguy wrote:

”If you build it, they will come”. Congrats Sadgeezer, on making your web site a pleasure to visit and contribute. It looks like Sadgeezer.com is going to break another “barrier” and – eventually – plateau at the next level of growth in the life cycle of this site. New challenges and new rewards await, exciting times ahead…..

My thoughts exactly. Its been a lot of work, but its all been worth it.
    Hopefully we won’t plateau too soon. With the new language packs in the works we can host new visitors who previously could not have enjoyed the website. But we must also grow in content, to attract new visitors and maintain or current ones as well. It because of contributions from the community at large that the site is where it today. We need everyone’s diversified opinions and contributions to stay fresh and interesting. If you’ve got some news, let the entire net know. Want to share your thoughts about your favorite episode of …., tell us about it in the forums, or write an episode review to be indexed with our other cool guides. Why stop there, create an entire new guide. Since I arrived three years ago, four new series have been turned into entire sadguides, with more in the works! All these options and are available to registered members, just look to your left.
    It’s your fan community, make the most out of it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.