langauge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

hey, does anyone know of any websites that contain information about the languages written and verbal in farscape. Mainly the peacekeeper letters and words

Anonymous

No, but I do know that some words like frell need no translation!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    hey, does anyone know of any websites that contain information about the languages written and verbal in farscape. Mainly the peacekeeper letters and words

No…are you planning to? Because if you do, please come back and tell us when you do!
    U’boo

Anonymous

I always wonder about languages. I posted on another board with a question about how John knew how to spell T`rallt`ixx but have heard no theories. Do translator microbes translate text, too? Or is there some kind of intergalactic Swahili that they all write? If microbes only handle speech, then John is illiterate, and with all those races, no one could know more than 20 or so written languages. Hey, U`boo!

Anonymous

You are, of course assuming he got the spelling right. He could just have taken the sounds and spelt out as English would have, in a similar way that English takes sounds of foreign words and names and spells out the syllables.

[ 28-03-2002: Message edited by: CBrate ]

Anonymous

There’s conflicting info. In the episode where Crichton (on Talyn) is showing Aeryn his star charts, he is reading the names to her. I can’t tell if they’re written down, but I’m guessing they are. So one for “microbes don’t translate” or maybe “Aeryn can’t read John’s handwriting.”

In all the scenes w/ Crichton working with the PK science officer, he seems to be dealing with Sebacean terminals, notes, etc. So either “microbes do translate,” or “Crichton has learned Sebacean.”

Myself, I lean towards the idea that John has learned Sebacean. He’s a pretty bright guy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.