last episode season 3!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx last episode season 3!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

oh pain oh joy oh pain oh joy….prince is really growing on me, i look forward to seeing what mischief he stirs up in the new season…this was another ‘spiritual’ episode, what happens to people after death, and in the case of the life essences trapped on fire, why…to be continually reborn into suffering with no opportunity to grow or learn froom the previous existence…truly the ultimate hell, which i guess makes lexx more traditional, i mean at least in hinduism and paganism you get a chance to redeem yourself with each turn of the wheel…what i particularly liked was that prince did not know his own beginnings or where he was going, he only knows that he is good with pain…did kai have a slightly disgusted look on his face when stan woke up?was he expecting some great revelation or change in stan or was he just worried that prince had come back as stan? also, did anyone else notice that most of the damned were female shaped whereas most of the water inhabitants seemed to be male…i also liked kai’s explanation of seeing his own life essence and that it would wake up on water with no memories of its previous life and this seemed a “good outcome”…ever polite he did offer to go find live kai for xev but she did the right thing and said no…i liked this episode and am very eager to see what happens when prince and the lexx meet up on that patch of the north american coastline with nova scotia at the center!

Anonymous

Oh, FX!
    Yes, the highlight of the ep was hearing Kai make Xev the offer to go to find his essence.
    That was sweet of him. Xev was right tho’. A kai without memories would be boring fro her. She’d have to romance him all over again. Which leads us to the concept of a battle for Kai’s soul, possibly on Earth.
    My husband was confused….he cited Stan’s relife and Earth as being cop-outs on the part of the Beans.
    I am willing to wait to see if there are any explainations, but I don’t really care if there are or aren’t.
    I’m just miffed that I didn’t have the opportunity to poll a Bean for that info. So far none of them have shown up in either #Lexx chat tonight. What a shame. They could have basked in the glory of the moment.
    *sigh*
    Here’s hoping that series 4 will be an exciting one!

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

Anonymous

I think the most interesting aspect of the episode was Stan’s “rebirth”. I am not ready to say it is a cop-out yet. Of those who died on Fire, Stan was the only one who came back to his former life — setting Stan up as a Christ figure.

My personal hope is that they don’t dwell on Earth for more than an episode (15 minutes I would prefer). It would be fitting if Stan explained to the people of Earth the whole story with Fire/Water and that the Lexx freed them of the whole mess. When the people of Earth (Christian’s) start worshipping Stan as the Second Coming, the crew gets quickly annoyed and feeds Earth to the Lexx in a fit of irony.

But then again, I got the bad feeling that this could end up like “Galactica 80”. We just spent an entire season around Fire and Water, please don’t dwell more than a moment on Earth. As the HH Guide says, “Mostly harmless” — chow down Lexx!

Gold 82

Anonymous

I enjoyed the last ep quite a lot. What will Kai do on “Earth” if he meets his living self? All spirits appear to have gone to the little blue planet.
    As for Stan, perhaps it was mere irony that he came back on the Lexx, perhaps he was re-judged by someone other than Prince and given a second chance to make better choices. Maybe it was because he was a first time dead body and his body was actually functional, merely in operable because the life essence was gone. Season 4 is shaping up to be unique in the extreme.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    I enjoyed the last ep quite a lot. What will Kai do on “Earth” if he meets his living self? Season 4 is shaping up to be unique in the extreme.

i hope they do pursue that thread, and overall i liked season 3, very different from 2 and i liked the darker feel of it, i guess i would like lexx to chow down on at least several parts of earth but i want the crew to have some fun first especially with the republicans

crusader
    Participant

I have a Q:
    How will the earthlings feal about new pepol apering her and there? I mean if ouer friends on the LEXX is going to meet then then they cant be born! They have to just aper! And where will they al live?

And one more Q:
    Where was God? Or is that supose to be the good part of ouerself? (The outher Stan in The Beach)

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Where was God? Or is that supose to be the good part of ouerself? (The outher Stan in The Beach)

[/B]

i think in keeping with lexx’s philosophy of anti utopianism, god was conspicuous by his absence…

as far as appearing, jeez crusader, tons of people show up in the us everyday, and look pretty strange, and nobody except the irs wonders about them!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    i think in keeping with lexx’s philosophy of anti utopianism, god was conspicuous by his absence…

I took it more as an anti-authoritarian thing, what with the number of bureaucracies and hierarchies they encountered on Fire. It seemed kind of logical that with the kind of rigid structure imposed on the citizens of Fire, that its polar opposite, Water, would lack that.
    But, then, that could mean that the Beans are…gulp…LOUSY COMMIE PINKOS!!!

Pinko beans? Don’t they use those in burritos?

–Aleck

Anonymous

The rigid structure of Fire may have been due to it being a repository for all those who made bad choices. At the other end, Water was the place of good souls who made the right choices. Bearing that in mind, rigidity would not seem neccessary.
    I had a question occur to me as the freed souls headed “over the rainbow”. Was the little blue planet inhabited by people before everyone from Fire and Water got there? Mayhap the released souls (for lack of a better word)are now the inhabitants.

Anonymous

sheesh, commie pinkos?! well, i guess i never thought of it that way except i have too much of the only child “MINE MINE” to have much truck with sharing the fruits of my labor and working for the common good, i guess i’ll have to think about it…anyway for me certainly, hell would be full of the petty bureaucrats eating my brain with interminable meetings to decide nothing, so i guess the fire rigidity idea makes sense, on the other hand i wasn’t all that impressed with the water places either especially garden…oh well, i guess mark twain said it best, “heaven for climate, hell for company” or words to that effect anyway….regarding the souls taking up residence on earth, i still maintain they could invade manhattan en masse and nobody would be the wiser, there would still be room for the millions of crowded and surly masses currently elbowing each other for space here!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    sheesh, commie pinkos?! well, i guess i never thought of it that way except i have too much of the only child “MINE MINE” to have much truck with sharing the fruits of my labor and working for the common good, i guess i’ll have to think about it…

Don’t think about it too hard. I was, after all, joking. I was just thinking about the lack of a hierarchal structure on Water, and the phrase popped into my head, and I just had to use it. I agree with nw, that since all of these people were “virtuous,” that there was really no need in them having an overlord of any kind, or any real kind of structure. They’ve been good kids, just let ’em play.

on the other hand i wasn’t all that impressed with the water places either especially garden…oh well, i guess mark twain said it best, “heaven for climate, hell for company” or words to that effect anyway….

Me either, actually. The Water folk were all a bit too vapid for my liking, and I don’t think I could handle spending my post-lifedom there. The Twain quote is great, by the way. Have you read “The Bible According to Mark Twain?” It’s an AMAZING book. Hilarious. I also think that Al Capone put it nicely: “Hell must be some kind of swell place, since all the religious types are trying to keep everybody else out.”

regarding the souls taking up residence on earth, i still maintain they could invade manhattan en masse and nobody would be the wiser, there would still be room for the millions of crowded and surly masses currently elbowing each other for space here!

I mean, hey, if it could work in “Men In Black,” it’s a plausible enough theory for me.

–Aleck

Anonymous

In keeping with FXs theory about them showing up in Manhattan and no one knowing the difference, I say look at any college campus.

You seldom see the same faces more than twice, even when you walk the same exact circut every day. And let’s not even get into the clothes/hair/personal style issues. We come in all shapes, sizes, and levels of depravity! Hehehe…

And, as I said in the #lexx chat, I’m still not sure how I feel about this ep. The end, where Prince is falling through space yelling “No Pain No Joy No Pain No Joy” over and over, left me scratching my head. I wasn’t entirely sure what to make of that. Also, I began to wonder about the magnitude of Stanley’s, shall we say, less than thoughtful decisions? I mean, we all know that they really weren’t *that* awful, that he did do good to counteract his bad, but Prince implicitly said that Stanley was on Level 9, which is reserved for the worst of the worst, which made me wonder if Prince’s helpers were the best of the worst… and just how is punishment/level of vileness rated? I mean, look at Giggorota, she got stuck being a head with no body and Queen of a city, and she ATE people! Somehow, I think her evilness was much greater than Stan’s bumbling incompetancy.

I’m also left wondering about Kai’s “personality”. Is it just me, or was there a few times where you could see the hint of a smile on his face? If he doesn’t technically feel emotions, why was he bloody smiling? I mean, don’t you have to feel joy, or something comparable to it, to smile? I don’t know, I liked it but it confused me and I hate feeling totally confused over just where something is going. I like to have at least a HINT of what’s to come.

That being said, I’m also feeling super depressed that I don’t get to see any new Lexx anytime soon. Or any season 2, which I’d also like to see repeats of, since I missed the first and third eps.

OK, done now, going to go find some chocolate and comfort myself.

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

DalekTek790
    Participant

He didn’t send Stan to level 9 of Fire because he was a bad person, he did it out of spite, because the Lexx was his big chance to blow up Water, and he thought at that point that Stan had ruined his only chance. If Prince were a fair judge, Stan would have gone to Water.

The third season’s “premise” allowed departed characters to return. Schlemmi and Mantrid were pretty good, but the rest were just minor people nobody cared about. Here are some people I think they should have met on Fire and Water:

Kai’s wife (Water)
    His Divine Shadow’s last human host (Fire)
    Thodin (Water)
    The Poet Man (Fire)
    Bog (Water)
    Wist (Water)
    Yottskry (Water)
    T. D. Banyo (Water)
    Jihana (Fire)
    Father Randor (Fire)
    Gubby Marx (Water)
    The Wozard (Fire)
    The Dark Lady (tough call)
    Brizon (Fire)

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    He didn’t send Stan to level 9 of Fire because he was a bad person, he did it out of spite, because the Lexx was his big chance to blow up Water, and he thought at that point that Stan had ruined his only chance. If Prince were a fair judge, Stan would have gone to Water.

…But Prince is not a judge. He is merely the keeper of the condemned. In “The Beach,” he acted as the Prosecution. Stan himself acted as a judge. Stan was sent to Fire because he was unable to construct a good defense, and couldn’t convince himself that he *didn’t* belong on Fire. He relied on the evidence that he helped Zev destroy the Divine Predecessors’ brains, when he should have focused on all of the selfless acts he had performed.

The third season’s “premise” allowed departed characters to return. Schlemmi and Mantrid were pretty good, but the rest were just minor people nobody cared about.

Actually, I think that the significant to insignificant characters returning was fairly well-balanced. I mean, there was Mantrid, Schlemmi and Giggerota on one side, and on the other, well, there was Bunny…and I can’t really remember anyone else minor. The prevalence of returned characters was minor enough to draw one’s attention to their presence, but not so much that it dominated the story. Why didn’t they run into others? Perhaps actors were too costly/not available at the time. And plus, Fire and Water are fairly large planets. You can’t expect them to run into *everyone*. And if they did, we’d have episode after episode after episode consisting of nothing but “hey, don’t I know you?” lines being bandied about for an hour. Seeing characters like Mantrid and Giggerota are significant enough to make the point, and raise questions about the identities of the others they’ve encountered. More, and it would have been overkill.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    [
    The third season’s “premise” allowed departed characters to return. Schlemmi and Mantrid were pretty goodHere are some people I think they should have met on Fire and Water:

Kai’s wife (Water)
    Thodin (Water)
    The Poet Man (Fire)
    Bog (Water)
    Wist (Water)
    Yottskry (Water)

Father Randor (Fire)
    The Dark Lady (tough call)
    Brizon (Fire)

[/B]

i like your allocations dalek tek, but tell me does kai’s wife get to go to water for having put up with kai when he was alive, and possibly annoyingly zealous and idealistic? i have always wondered about spouses of heroes and if they suffer…dark lady is a tough call, like many grim sorts (torquemada, cotton mather, loyola) the road to hell was paved and walled with the most excellent of intentions…by the way aleck, thanx for the ref, will find the bible and read it, and i had never heard that quote by scarface before, hard to think of capone as being bright enough to show wit!

Anonymous

Hmmm you pose an interesting argument!
    Uh, I did notice that really the frist time Kai actually smiles is in SuperNova, when the sun is about to go kablooey. “Then the sun will go Supernova!” he says, with enthusiasm. He’s actually quite happy with it for the moment…you can see that he wants to end his life. What a perfect way to go. Unfortunately for Stan and Zev, it’s not so good. He understands this, after a time, and begins to reflect upon what’s about to happen. He begins to look sad. It’s an interesting paradox. I believe that the dead could understand how one could be fey. To not have a care, whether alive or dead! You’d want to take on a supernova. What the hell, I mean, you’re already dead.
    Kai’s moods always reach into the land of feydom. Irm…read “The Battle of Unnumbered Tears” in Tolkien’s Silmarillion. There you’ve got elves who’ve lived centuries, who’ll keep on living unless cut down and trampled to bits. There’s a fey bunch for yah. Ug, it took a Balrog’s feet to kill one of them… ick.
    So Kai is impressively fey. All the time.
    Thank god he’s got the protoblood, it’s the only thing keeping him on his feet, what with all this bone-wearying feyness.
    Poor guy. All he really wants to do is be left alone to rot in a nice shoebox…

——————

[This message has been edited by Rust (edited March 01, 2001).]

crusader
    Participant

Kai had a wife? I thought that she just was his girlfriend!

The Q about hoe would goe to Fire and hoe will goe to Hell!
    Where would Lyekka goe? I mean she killed inesent pepol but she dident doe it bekos she was evil or something!

And about Kai smiling! Mybe McManus couldent hole his fase! I mean, I would have problem playing series in a show like LEXX!

——————
    I am the crusader

Bascule
    Participant

The reason Stan came back to life is ‘cos his body still existed. Everyone else was shredded into a million bits by insect-laser. Every other soul whooshed to Earth, (presumably some sort of back-up plan by whatever higher power set up this situation, if it *was* deliberately set up, and not just some strange rule of the universe) but one of those burning lava-skeletons jumped back in Stan’s skinbag. Actually, I hate pointing out little inconsistencies in TV shows, but why didn’t Stan get a new outfit? All other dead peeps were dressed differently from how they were originally. And when you are reborn, what age do you appear as at first? It’d be a bit unfair if you were as old as when you died, if you lived to be a reeeaaaal old man. I mean, saggy body and all. *shudders*

Though I thought at the time that the Earth had already been there, and that the souls had landed on it, what if that wasn’t the case? Just ‘cos Kylie said that the Earth had been at an exact orbit doesn’t mean it was already there. Someone has already suggested that the souls may have fused together to form Earth. And with the Greek elements thing (Fire, Water, Earth and Air) shouldn’t there be a planet Air in a twin orbit with Earth? Or is that what the moon is? (I know it’s not made of Air, but hey, Fire wasn’t made of Fire. It just had a hell of a lot of lava)

Elfkin: “I mean, look at Giggorota, she got stuck being a head with no body and Queen of a city, and she ATE people! Somehow, I think her evilness was much greater than Stan’s bumbling incompetancy.”

I don’t think that was her punishment as such. I think she had extended that particular life via artificial means, a la Mantrid, so she didn’t lose her seat of power. If she died, she might have to start
    all over.

As for Dalek’s suggestions of other reincarnations:

His Divine Shadow’s last human host (Fire)
    – I liked to think of Doc Rainbow as being just that, even though that probably isn’t what he was supposed to be.

Thodin (Water)
    – I hear you on that, though I think that actor’s getting a bigger paycheck these days.

The Poet Man (Fire)
    – Would Poet Man have gone to Fire? He wasn’t actually *evil*. Although if harmless Stan Tweedle can be sent there, I guess Poet woould deserve to go too.

Jihana (Fire)
    – Yes! Jihana was great! “You are…an extremely evil woman.” “Thank you.”

Brizon (Fire)
    -God, as long as he didn’t eat through those stomach tubes *retches at the memory*

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya,
    In reference to Stan going to fire due to his inept defense of his actions:

….Are you saying that all you need to go to heaven is a good defense lawyer…?

KOG2X

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by kaisothergirl2:
    Hya,
    In reference to Stan going to fire due to his inept defense of his actions:

….Are you saying that all you need to go to heaven is a good defense lawyer…?

KOG2X

Yep. Watch “Defending Your Life,” by Albert Brooks, for more information. In the end, at least in LEXX, one must weigh one’s own good actions and choices against the bad, and either condemn oneself to Fire or move on up to Water. Stan, knowing at last the true nature of the planets, didn’t find himself worthy of being on Water (notice how he’s still dwelling on the destruction of the 94 Reform Planets). If he had enough faith in his own nature, he’d be able to bring up all of the good things he’d done. Instead, either consciously or unconsciously, he won’t use anything of any relevance that would get him out of the pickle he’s in.

–Aleck

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hello again,
    I think Crusader has a point re Mcmanus’ smile. Michael has been quoted as saying [in so many words] that it takes quite a lot of self control not to go completely over the top when he is playing Kai, and that he’s acting like mad all of the time not to lose it!
    So I’m thinking that any irrational out of character smiles, maybe just on of these moments.
    ta
    ta
    KOG2x

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Kai had a wife? I thought that she just was his girlfriend!

Where would Lyekka goe? I mean she killed inesent pepol but she dident doe it bekos she was evil or something!

And about Kai smiling! Mybe McManus couldent hole his fase! I mean, I would have problem playing series in a show like LEXX!

crusader, i do not have brigadoom on tape but i remember the emcee saying “kai loved and was loved” but you are right, i do not remember specific mention of matrimony, good catch…regarding lyekka, she kills to survive, just as all carnivores do and that is not evil, although she did seem to be eating out of gluttony on garden! and yeah, i admire mcmanus’ “deadpan” abilities i think he should get an award just for keeping a straight face in k-town with the power rods directions and for the infamous the “dead don’t poo” line, although i did notice he looked very pained when delivering that line…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

i think he should get an award just for keeping a straight face in k-town with the power rods directions and for the infamous the “dead don’t poo” line, although i did notice he looked very pained when delivering that line…

It is taking all of my restraint to keep from making the obligatory constipation joke here. Anyone else up for it?

–Aleck

Anonymous

Aleck~~
    Go for it (constipation joke)!!

Anonymous

Hmmmmmm I’ll go for it!

Why don’t the Dead poo?
    I dunno.
    Not enough roughage?!

ROTF!!!

——————

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rust:
    Hmmmmmm I’ll go for it!

Why don’t the Dead poo?
    I dunno.
    Not enough roughage?!

ROTF!!!

*groan*

or maybe it’s just some old cheese?

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited March 02, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited March 02, 2001).]

Anonymous

okay, we have definitely hit a new low i might add that kai’s or mm’s bowel hygiene is very low on my need to know list! on a happier note, those of us that had problems resolving our anal stage may have the opportunity to ask said personage directly on JUNE 16th!!! anyone too persistanly nosy about such issues will be smacked with an enema bag….

Anonymous

HAHAHAHA! As if I’d even be able to utter a noise, FX….
    Find me there, shuddering, smooshed in the corner hopelessly clutching my glossies till they drip with sweat from my palms….

——————

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.