last of buffy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

and i am officially in mourning…have to say this was good, but not the strongest season ending joss has done…but totally in keeping with what has developed with buffy’s character along the way ๐Ÿ™‚ and apparently with smg from all the gossip 8) …as far as endings go, i still go for the grande finale a la lexx, but this was true to what joss and btvs were…so, what did you guys think?

Anonymous

I thought it was great the way Buffy DIDN’T die in the end. The idea that there should be hundreds possibly thousands of slayers was cool too!

And the demise of that grotesquely charming town on the edge of oblivion seemed to make things all right with the world again.

I think, like you, that this wasn’t the best season, but after all, Whedon Empire was crumbling and the show was slated to close. I guess it’s difficult to keep yer pecker up under that strain ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good end though. Cool stuff 8)

The -Buffster
    Participant

Iam still in mourning.

Chosen (although not the best buffy episode ever) was great, Buffy and faith both live to see another day, shame Kennedy did as well though lol

Long live buffy

Caz

bonnee
    Participant

I thought it devoured us from beneath – the final (promising)season was an unfortunate ending to a once great series. Good riddance ๐Ÿ˜€

FX
    Participant

i think the problem with the seventh season was that our charming children had grown up and had all the weariness and seriousness that life offers when you finally have to worry about paying bills and surviving…childhood/adolescence is painful in that all that you go through is so very intense(i personally would never go through adolescence again, ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) but i do miss the intensity where everything mattered so much, and the world was ending every other day…so to watch our favorite characters going through that, and finally become tired,disappointed and beaten down adults was a downer for all of us, but again, more realistic…i still prefer the first 4-5 seasons, but i am beginning to see more of the humor/sparkle of the sixth and seventh seasons on re-viewing

bonnee
    Participant

I wrote an obituary accusing the show of shadow boxing. The final series promised to take us back to the real begining by adopting a Jungian (and more adult) perspective towards the conflict between good and evil. It purported to show us the real face of evil by (finally) acknowleding that WE were essentially the source of the world’s evil. The First was really a parasitic or secondary life force, and powerless if we didn’t allow it to feed off our own fears and desires. In other words, s/he was a projection of our own shadow . The final season indicated a willingness to withdraw our own projections, but opted for the safety of retreating further into the shadows. It projectied eveything back onto the First, who is really the first scapegoat (it was no accident that Caleb merged with its goatlike essence, although it would have been nice to see this caricuture of a bible basher provide the scriptural origins of scapegoating. The First is the leader of the race of demons, oherwise known as ‘the watchers’…Buffy’s watchers, then, are a round about way of looking at ourselves).

From my perspective, the series ended on an adolescent (and fascistic) note, despite the fact that the characters were allegedly ‘adults’ working towards the greater ‘good’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.