Last Weeks Preemption

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Firefly Last Weeks Preemption

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

Just to let all the non-US geezers know, Firefly was pre-empted by The Brady Bunch in the White House last firday. (If thats not the exact title, its close enough) What a way to close November Sweeps!

I wish I was making this up.

bonnee
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

I wish I was making this up.

Me too.

metanoia
    Participant

I’m a non-US geezer, and I don’t understand what you mean, please could you enlighten me, all I grasp from what you wrote is that this is a bad thing.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by metanoia:
    please could you enlighten me, all I grasp from what you wrote is that this is a bad thing.

It’s a very bad thing. The Brady Bunchwas a very stupid and very corny tv series that aired in the 70s(?). It can best be compared to the Partridge Family, minus the singing. The show was about a father with three perfect boys and a mother with three perfect girls who choose each other for their second spouse. They have a perfect family of eight (six kids). Nothing bad ever happens, and all the “problems” are solved in 30 min episode. A lot of emphasis on morals, and christian values. It was very corny, and borderline pathetic. Today, networks would even dare think of airing a show like this. Unless it would be a parody of a show like this.
    I guess this was the case with the Brady Bunch in the White House. I have a life and did not watch it. The Philadelphia Inquirer TV listings said “Greg (the father) is elected president, don’t ask how”. Even the normally impartial tv listings took it as a complete joke!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.