Latest Firefly Film Fun…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Firefly Latest Firefly Film Fun…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Bet you can’t say that quickly when yer drunk ๐Ÿ™‚

“Firefly” creator Joss Whedon recently told the Sci Fi Wire that there rumors of a “Firefly” movie are true. “I couldn’t go so far as to jinx (the deal) and say it’s in the bag,” said Whedon. “It’s not. I still have to write it really well. But there’s no pressure.”

The only trouble is with that story is that Joss Wheddon is a consumate spin artist. This guy has been the cause of a huge number of rumours – especialy about Buffy. It’s difficult to believe him especially when he’s a bit down at the moment (two of his three series ‘Buffy’ and ‘Firefly’ are no more).

XevsGondola
    Participant

A lot of people are saying nice stuff about it, review & ratings
    โ—
    http://www.themoviechicks.com/mid2005/mcrserenity.html

http://www.shadowsonthewall.co.uk/05/serenity.htm

Shiroekitsune
    Participant

It was a good movie, although did he not like 1 or 2 of the actors?
    What he did to the one character was weird and sudden, like he hated the actor or something? Limited screentime with him and the another (i wont name).

Other than that is was too bad of a movie.

Pyro978
    Participant

is Serenity supposed to take place before or after Firefly?

Shiroekitsune
    Participant

Watch the movie, if you still needing that answer then go watch it again.
    There are 2 big clues in the film that will give you the answer. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

I thought it was pretty good myself. A couple of shocks which I wont name – and you guys who are dying to tell everyone spoilers – DON’T!
    Definately worth going to see! One of the better sci fi films of late.

nursewhen
    Participant

Hard to talk about something without giving spoilers, but though I thought it was a good film, it definitely put a lid on Firefly. I can’t see it moving on from Serenity. It’s a pity, I would have happily watched that series for years. ๐Ÿ™

Shiroekitsune
    Participant

They could continue the series np, but the movie is the ender. There are other things they can explain like shepard. The movie is alittle to alot past the old series.

Continue where the old left off up till the time the movie is set in.

nursewhen
    Participant
    Shiroekitsune wrote:

They could continue the series np, but the movie is the ender. There are other things they can explain like shepard. The movie is alittle to alot past the old series.

Continue where the old left off up till the time the movie is set in.

****** POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*****

Yes, that could be done, but the one thing that can’t be explained is Shepherd, they were still in the dark as to his past in the film, so unless it gets exlained to us and not to the characters, that one’s a dead end.
    One of the things I most enjoyed in the series was the ‘will they won’t they’ relationships. Now that I know exactly where, when and how for one of them at least, the suspense is quite seriously impared.

Yes, it could be done, but it just wouldn’t be the same.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.