"Lava and Rockets" SPOILERS

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Andromeda "Lava and Rockets" SPOILERS

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

spoilers
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s
    p
    a
    c
    e
    first off any ep where Rommie gets to beat up some really ugly bad guys is fun in my opinion and in this ep while fighting the Ogami she does that neat little ‘climb the wall like a spider’ bit. she then proceeds to run along 2 walls while at a right angle to the floor, kicks a bad guy, goes into a twirling flying kick and knocks an Ogami mercenary though a glass window. it is an awesome sight! btw i am still not sure about the new blue hairstyle, but i suppose i will get use to it.
    the plot premise for this ep is a little weak in my opinion. Dylan and Tyr are away on a trip to get more weapons for the Andromeda. the Ogami mercenaries attack them. they get separated and Dylan forces Molly (Kristin Lehman-Poltergiest the TV series) to help him get away from the Ogami in her tourist barge ship. they get away a few times, crash on the lava planet, then in a last ditch effort to get away from the Ogami they blew up the tourist barge and escape in the life pod. where Rommie and Tyr do some fancy flying to keep them from burning up in the atmosphere of the another planet. earlier in the ep when Tyr and Rommie are searching for Dylan the had a very interesting conversation.
    Rommie-space is big, Tyr, but we’ll find him.
    Tyr-hopefully before the Ogami do…
    R-you mean that, don’t you?
    T-i see your vaunted artificial intelligence has finally managed to grasp the obvious.
    R-Tyr only does things that benefit Tyr… so if you really didn’t abandon Dylan, whats in it for you?
    T-let us, for the sake of argument,assume that Dylan and i have opposing agendas. at this time, neither of those agendas are far enough along for either of us to safely dispose of the other. and, in fact, there are several scenarios wherein our respective agendas are mutually benenficial. in such a case, why would i fight an unnecessary battle with a man who is not and may never be my enemy? you’re a machine. surely you can see the logic in that.
    R-i also know humans well enough to recognize a massive rationalization when i hear one. the truth is, Tyr, i think you’ve grown to like Dylan perhaps even view him as a friend. going to war with him doesn’t just mean risking your life. it means being alone again, and if there is one thing that Tyr Anasazi, out of Victoria, by Barbarossa is afraid of, it’s being alone.
    Tyr had nothing to say to this. he just got got this enigmatic look on his face.
    one thing that was interesting was that when Trance (future Trance) would take a step towards someone they would take a step back. Beka and Rommie did it and then Harper did it too. it was like they were a little scared of her. and Harper was kinda mean to her he even called her “cosmically terrifying” Harper and Trance do come to a understanding at the end of the ep.

Anonymous

one more thing i think is important is towards the end of the ep after Rommie saves the pod from burning up in the atmosphere, Tyr tells Rommie “nice piloting” to which she replies “i couldn’t have done it without you”. Tyr turns back to look at her and says “so, peace between us for now?” she replies “for now.”

Anonymous

one more thing i think is important is towards the end of the ep after Rommie saves the pod from burning up in the atmosphere, Tyr tells Rommie “nice piloting” to which she replies “i couldn’t have done it without you”. Tyr turns back to look at her and says “so, peace between us for now?” she replies “for now.”

Anonymous

It was a good ep, albeit ackward trying to handle the whole new Trance situation. So instead they got rid of the cast while Harper really is the only one that has to deal with it. Smart move. However Im starting to wonder if they wanted to change her character or were forced to with the direction (preparing for a war) the show has turned from(StarTrekish). So I suppose a more ‘killer’ looking Trance is needed so we dont keep wondering why some cute lil elfin purple gal can take out everyone.

The situation with Tyr as always is fluid. You get the sense he cares about the crew through many episodes yet is always willing to abandon it for his own greater good and survival. I think the key was in what Rommy said when she said Tyr above everything else is scared of being alone.

Tyr also brings up a good point they kinda hinted at in a previous episode with the crazy Andromeda sister ship. That Rommy is too emotionally attatched to Dylan.

Interesting ep, should only get better as the season goes on

edit:

PS For me personally the only really bad thing about this ep was the “Love interest”. She wasent a very good actress, and she looked a lot actually like the Nietzchian we saw in Series1 that mated with Tyr. Gave me a good scare when she said she wanted to leave with Dylan. I was thinking gawd please dont add her to the crew.

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

Anonymous

It was a good ep, albeit ackward trying to handle the whole new Trance situation. So instead they got rid of the cast while Harper really is the only one that has to deal with it. Smart move. However Im starting to wonder if they wanted to change her character or were forced to with the direction (preparing for a war) the show has turned from(StarTrekish). So I suppose a more ‘killer’ looking Trance is needed so we dont keep wondering why some cute lil elfin purple gal can take out everyone.

The situation with Tyr as always is fluid. You get the sense he cares about the crew through many episodes yet is always willing to abandon it for his own greater good and survival. I think the key was in what Rommy said when she said Tyr above everything else is scared of being alone.

Tyr also brings up a good point they kinda hinted at in a previous episode with the crazy Andromeda sister ship. That Rommy is too emotionally attatched to Dylan.

Interesting ep, should only get better as the season goes on

edit:

PS For me personally the only really bad thing about this ep was the “Love interest”. She wasent a very good actress, and she looked a lot actually like the Nietzchian we saw in Series1 that mated with Tyr. Gave me a good scare when she said she wanted to leave with Dylan. I was thinking gawd please dont add her to the crew.

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.