Lemony Snicket? What do you think?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Lemony Snicket? What do you think?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Lemony Snicket? What do you think?

Has any one read these books? They are only available in the stores in hard back, which I am not wild about in the first place, and too expensive to buy the set if they are not that great.

But on the other hand, the hardbacks look great and are small, so wouldn’t want to buy the paperback editions and then kick my self for not splurging on the nicer set. You collective wisdom is sought.

ZevofB3K
    Participant

They’re kind of juvenille, but at some parts funny in all their sarcasm. The problem is, they get sort of tiresome, because they tend to be repetitive in more manner than one.

Count Olaf is the bad guy, and he wants the orphans’ fortune, so he keeps taking all these ridiculous disguises in his various ploys. Not very deep, but it’s not the worst thing you could be reading.

theFrey
    Participant

ah, I had read reviews that said by book 4 some stuff had gotten tiring, but this was addressed by the addition of new characters and situations in the following books. How many have you read, and was it enough?

ZevofB3K
    Participant

I’ve read up to at least book 7 or 8, and yes, by then, things are a bit tiresome. I haven’t read any since; you pretty much get the gist of things by book 4. Of course, they have their moments, but you have to remember that they were written for elementary school kids.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.