Length

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mbedd
    Keymaster

Hi peops- just a quicky on two types of length- How long would you wait for a Sad Geezer episode to load in- For example, would you not mind waiting 3 minutes or so for a complex cartoon, or would you prefer to lose the detail- less backgrounds, lower quality sound etc, in order to get the toon loaded in quicker. This will be inportant in the structure of the upcoming features- Cheers

Anonymous

Groovy graphics in three minutes? Okay graphics instantaneously? I have no problems delaying gratification. I’d take complex and groovy in three minutes. Three minutes is all the time I need to grab another cup o’ joe.

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could you do both? A small preview for those with naff modems and a large version for those with patience or broadband?

mbedd
    Keymaster

That’s totally possible – simplified backgrounds, lower quality sound. No fancy shading effects etc. That sounds perfect.

Codename 47
    Participant

I have a naff modem, and I’m willing to wait far more than 3 mins for an episode if it’s any good

——————
    Spit or swallow. The difference between like and love.

Anonymous

I would have no qualms about waiting 3-5 minutes for something to load, providing it was something I really wanted to see. But then, the idea about having 2 versions, or even a quick-loading preview, is great.

peace
    summerdaysands

——————
    “And the sandcastle virtues are all swept away, in the tidal destruction, the moral melee.” Jethro Tull

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.