Let’s talk weird movies!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Let’s talk weird movies!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

Hi all! Since we’ve talked about music; let’s talk movies. One of the peeps I work with was sharing some of the weird movies she’s seen, like “Wicker Man” with Britt Eckland or “Freaks”. I saw a foreign film once about a ghost in a hospital with the subplot of a couple with Down’s Syndrome narrating the story. I don’t remember the name of it.
    Sometimes I like to change the regular stuff I see with something that you don’t see. That’s why I’m now spending more and more time watching the Sundance Channel or IFC because it’s not the same old same old.

Peace All,
    Mandara K

bonnee
    Participant

Mandara K

the ‘movie’ you are referring to is lars von trier’s ‘the kingdom’, a 1994 Danish television series that did the rounds on cinema screens across the world. Trier made two series of this show – to the best of my knowledge, only series 1 was shown in cinemas (as a five hour movie!) and series 2 screened in 1997/98 in 5 or 6 1 hour installments on select tv screens (i watched it on a local multi cultural station). Personally speaking, I thought the weirdness was a little forced, obvious and second hand – but many would disagree. Trier has since directed Breaking the Waves, The Idiots and Dancer in the Dark (with Bjork).

I would like to add to your list my own titles of ‘weird’ films, but I tend to find most so called ‘straight’ films bent beyond belief.

[ 21-04-2002: Message edited by: bonnee ]

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Wicker Man and The Kingdom Put the Occult in Cult Cinema

I couldn’t resist responding to this old topic. The Wicker Man is a favourite cult classic of mine.

When I was about 12 my friend had a book on cult films, and I tried my best to see all of them – The Wicker Man was one of the best. Subsequently, I’ve found my taste is almost invariably “cult,” and arthouse. It’s not that mainstream acceptance puts me off a film (and many foreign arthouse films are mainstream in their country of origin), it’s just that my tastes are uncommon.

As a consummate “outsider,” and I would like to think a free-thinker, I have always been sympathetic to stories of alienation and displacement (mind you, I was no fan of “Alien Nation” ;); alienation is an incredibly common theme of course). So, not surprisingly the fish out of water story of a devout Christian (not a liberal thinker) stranded in an island of heathens would appeal to me – although unlike him, I would have definitely had far more fun on the Island. Yes indeed, I would have taken advantage of the situation. When in Rome… 😉 But their erotic village is not all fun and games; very sinister — human sacrifice of virgins, and whatnot. I won’t give away too much, but I’ll tell you that Woodward’s puritanical character is a virgin. Burn, baby burn!

Christopher Lee is excellent, as is Edward Woodward (was anyone else here a regular watcher of the Equalizer?) If you consider yourself to be a cult buff, then this is a must see.

Here’s a review of The Wicker Man

BTW, there has been much talk of a Hollywood remake of The Wicker Man starring Nicholas Cage and directed by famed “indie” director Neil LaBute (I really enjoyed his In the Company of Men) If the remake gets made it will be very different. Expectedly, rather than taking place on a pagan island off the coast of the UK, it will be set in the US – frankly, I don’t necessarily see this a bad thing, Hollywood has quite the reputation for being a city of pagans and strange cults. Far be it for a Hollywood film to be quite so critical of Hollywood (there are exceptions), and such a choice of location would tend towards farce anyway. Nope, in the proposed remake Cage will find himself in a community of women descended from the pilgrims. More sex and violence is promised in the remake, so they’re obviously naughty descendants of pilgrims. BTW, anyone see Ken Russel’s The Devils?

On to The Kingdom and Lars von Trier[/url]: I agree that it was rather forced, but von Trier is one of my absolute favourite directors around (right up there with Kieslowski, Zhang Yimou and Shohei Immamura). I actively seek out his films. Not only were Breaking the Waves and Dancer in the Dark absolutely superb, but I loved Zentropa and Element of Crime – essential cinema.

Also von Trier is famed for being on of the founders of Dogma 95. Many directors signed on to it including Harmony Korine (although he has not made a true Dogma film). Many people took it very seriously, and there are some interesting and good ideas in the manifesto, but I find it all rather amusing. I’m sure they must have been rather tongue-in-cheek when coming up with it: Check out the official Dogme 95 website[/url] — I love that pic of the pig! 😀

If you haven’t yet seen any von Trier films, here’s the trailer for Dancer in the Dark

Now it’s time for my choice of weird film, just about anything Peter Greenaway.[/url] I can’t say I like all his stuff – they often have a voyeuristic quality and an abundance of nudity (mostly male nudity) that makes me uncomfortable. And The Cook , the Thief, His Wife, and her Lover, which I thought very good, is very disturbing at times. A lot of disturbing scenes in his movies; in A Zed and Two Naughts the pictures of decay… (okay, I won’t get into the more disturbing details from the film, enjoyed it ‘though). His composition is unique, and he has a rather bizarre sense of humour, I really don’t think I’ve seen any other films like his; he’s an original. This is not his weirdest (I thought it his most accessible – most require real patience, not for the ADD generation) but it’s still plenty unusual, and it’s the one that made me a true fan of his: Drowning By Numbers.

Also, to get more sci-fi, I might add almost anything Cronenberg. Dead Ringers was my favourite of his, Videodrome was amongst his weirdest (his films are often plenty disturbing).

nasym
    Participant

I think Iw seen Dancer in the DArk… but Im not shure…

I like Dogma
    (some angel movie… really funny)

and Briesis got me to watch “mating habits of the earth bound human”

weird!

If you want to watch a weird movie u should se the Swedish film “tomten är far till alla barnen”

translated: Santa is father to all the children

and Nasym is a great fan of “tales from the darkside”
    those movies are realy bad!! but funny[/img]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dogma, no relation to Dogme 95. 😉 Dogma was interesting, created a real hoopla with the Vatican. Getting more ununusual, and into arthouse territory, the German movie about angels called Wings of Desire was most interesting — I imagine that Dogma was at least partially inspired by it. They did a sort of a remake of Wings of Desire starring Nicholas Cage called City of Angels — not very good I thought. Hey, there’s another parallel, Nicholas Cage in a mediocre remake, that is assuming that he will star in a new version of Wicker Man.

Never got around to watching “Mating Patterns…”, wanted to. Will look for the Swedish movie you mentioned (I’m part Swedish you know), the English name is very familiar.

I loved the Tales From The Darkside television series as a kid, miss it. I saw the first of the TFTD movies in the movie theatre, knew one of the cast. I still vividly remember that scene with the cat flying into that person’s mouth — gross! 😆 If you liked that and you haven’t seen the Creepshow movies yet then you should!

Going back to Mandara’s Freaks reference, needless to say it freaked me out a bit at first, but I did I found it quite moving and poignant. It’s an amazing film, surprisingly non-exploitive, particularly for its time.

So I guess it’s time for my next weird film choice: the horror film Basket Case. It’s a about a siamese twin, not much more than a lump of flesh that was seperated from his brother at the age of 12, and the brother’s contined relationship. The “normal” brother keeps his crazy twin in a basket.

Or maybe several of the Troma classics (hmm, classics hardly seems the term), which one. Hmm, Tromeo and Juliet, Trey parker’s Cannibal the Musical? There are just so many weird movies to choose from, and that makes me very happy! 😀

bonnee
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

The Wicker Man and The Kingdom Put the Occult in Cult Cinema

I couldn’t resist responding to this old topic. The Wicker Man is a favourite cult classic of mine.

When I was about 12 my friend had a book on cult films, and I tried my best to see all of them – The Wicker Man was one of the best. Subsequently, I’ve found my taste is almost invariably “cult,” and arthouse. It’s not that mainstream acceptance puts me off a film (and many foreign arthouse films are mainstream in their country of origin), it’s just that my tastes are uncommon.

As a consummate “outsider,” and I would like to think a free-thinker, I have always been sympathetic to stories of alienation and displacement (mind you, I was no fan of “Alien Nation” ;); alienation is an incredibly common theme of course). So, not surprisingly the fish out of water story of a devout Christian (not a liberal thinker) stranded in an island of heathens would appeal to me – although unlike him, I would have definitely had far more fun on the Island. Yes indeed, I would have taken advantage of the situation. When in Rome… 😉 But their erotic village is not all fun and games; very sinister — human sacrifice of virgins, and whatnot. I won’t give away too much, but I’ll tell you that Woodward’s puritanical character is a virgin. Burn, baby burn!

Christopher Lee is excellent, as is Edward Woodward (was anyone else here a regular watcher of the Equalizer?) If you consider yourself to be a cult buff, then this is a must see.

Here’s a review of The Wicker Man

BTW, there has been much talk of a Hollywood remake of The Wicker Man starring Nicholas Cage and directed by famed “indie” director Neil LaBute (I really enjoyed his In the Company of Men) If the remake gets made it will be very different. Expectedly, rather than taking place on a pagan island off the coast of the UK, it will be set in the US – frankly, I don’t necessarily see this a bad thing, Hollywood has quite the reputation for being a city of pagans and strange cults. Far be it for a Hollywood film to be quite so critical of Hollywood (there are exceptions), and such a choice of location would tend towards farce anyway. Nope, in the proposed remake Cage will find himself in a community of women descended from the pilgrims. More sex and violence is promised in the remake, so they’re obviously naughty descendants of pilgrims. BTW, anyone see Ken Russel’s The Devils?

On to The Kingdom and Lars von Trier[/url]: I agree that it was rather forced, but von Trier is one of my absolute favourite directors around (right up there with Kieslowski, Zhang Yimou and Shohei Immamura). I actively seek out his films. Not only were Breaking the Waves and Dancer in the Dark absolutely superb, but I loved Zentropa and Element of Crime – essential cinema.

Also von Trier is famed for being on of the founders of Dogma 95. Many directors signed on to it including Harmony Korine (although he has not made a true Dogma film). Many people took it very seriously, and there are some interesting and good ideas in the manifesto, but I find it all rather amusing. I’m sure they must have been rather tongue-in-cheek when coming up with it: Check out the official Dogme 95 website[/url] — I love that pic of the pig! 😀

If you haven’t yet seen any von Trier films, here’s the trailer for Dancer in the Dark

Now it’s time for my choice of weird film, just about anything Peter Greenaway.[/url] I can’t say I like all his stuff – they often have a voyeuristic quality and an abundance of nudity (mostly male nudity) that makes me uncomfortable. And The Cook , the Thief, His Wife, and her Lover, which I thought very good, is very disturbing at times. A lot of disturbing scenes in his movies; in A Zed and Two Naughts the pictures of decay… (okay, I won’t get into the more disturbing details from the film, enjoyed it ‘though). His composition is unique, and he has a rather bizarre sense of humour, I really don’t think I’ve seen any other films like his; he’s an original. This is not his weirdest (I thought it his most accessible – most require real patience, not for the ADD generation) but it’s still plenty unusual, and it’s the one that made me a true fan of his: Drowning By Numbers.

Also, to get more sci-fi, I might add almost anything Cronenberg. Dead Ringers was my favourite of his, Videodrome was amongst his weirdest (his films are often plenty disturbing).

Shouldn’t you be wiping a baby’s bottom? 😛

Anonymous
    Inactive
    bonnee wrote:

Shouldn’t you be wiping a baby’s bottom? 😛

Yes, printed out these extra-long posts make excellent toilet paper. 😛

bonnee
    Participant

If you like Vons Trier, you might want to check out the films of Raul Ruiz (assuming you haven’t Logan, which you probably have 😳 )

Anyhow, its often suggested within film cirlces that Trier has made a career out of ripping off this (generally) unknown Chillean filmmaker now residing in France. When Zentropa was first released, for example, all the celebrated visual flourishes were cited as Ruiz innovations and Triers so called weirdness felt second hand (see his Dark At Noon, Shattered Image, Life is A Dream, Golden Boat, Three Lives and Only One Death). He seems to have gone a little ‘legit’ of late – he recently did a ‘respectable’ version of one of Proust’s books (Time Regained), although I recall a Guardian interview where (in promoting TR) he jokingly goes so far as to claim to have made the first Dogme film as well. 🙄

Actually, just found the interview (google is a marvel) HERE

I also recall reading in Sight and Sound (relatively) recently an article on the Wicker Man, coinciding with its dvd release. From memory, the dvd version is completely restored and includes scenes deleted from the original because of their ‘perversity’ and ‘weirdness’. should be right up your alley, then. 😆

mandara k
    Participant

Cripes, did you blow dust off this one or what? So you like The Wicker man too, my funkadelic little surprise? Hmm; haven’t had much time to devote to too much TV viewing; but what’s going on?

I’m still hoping i can do the Prisoner thang and even freakin get into the Village everyone so wants to get out of!

Gotta gopher; but Logan you new bundle is gorgeous; congrats to you and your wife; and post it openly; no one gonna know if you don’t speak up! And I’ll see if i can find anything sci-fi to grace her little form in Atlanta!

nasym
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

I loved the Tales From The Darkside television series as a kid, miss it. I saw the first of the TFTD movies in the movie theatre, knew one of the cast. I still vividly remember that scene with the cat flying into that person’s mouth — gross! 😆 If you liked that and you haven’t seen the Creepshow movies yet then you should!

while waching it my friends cat
    (a black, thin one with no signs at all)
    was staring at me… couldnt get it to stop!! *paranoid*

Would you consider someone weird if they had sex yo that movie??

translated quote from “santa is father ta all the chilldren”
    – He would fuck a worm if it had tits!!
    – Die you devlish santa fuck
    – You dont give green plastic pinguins to pepole you dont know

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bonnee: Much as I’ve read about Ruiz, I don’t think I’ve actually seen any of his films — unfortunately it’s become increasingly difficult for me in recent years to get my hands on avante-garde, or very off-the-beaten-mainstream films. My location is poor. Maybe long ago I did see some of his stuff… Anyway, Zentropa didn’t feel that original; quite Hitchcockian, a little of this and a little of that… And as for Anatomy of a Murder, also felt like a melange of other people’s films, a bit of Hitchcock again, and particularly French New Wave flicks but lots of other stuff too (which didn’t lessen my enjoyment of it)… a little Godardian, a little Truffaut etc. But somehow they still felt fresh to me… if I was more familiar with Ruiz…

Speaking of Godard, here’s an interestingly weird sci-fi flick, Alphaville… Double-bill it with Blade Runner.

Look forward to seeing the Wicker Man DVD! 😀

bTW, Interesting article, I like Jonathon Romney, he also contributes to S&S.

Mandara K, yep, Wicker Man is great! 😀 😀 😀 Check out The Prisoner if you get the chance, it’s a trip!

Thanks for the congrats, but by now I’m sure it’s leaked out as much as one of her leakier diapers. Thanks! 😀

Nasym, ummm, no, that’s not weird at all… 🙄 lol. *logan moves slowly away from the keyboard* 😉 Now I really want to see that Santa movie… “You dont give green plastic penguins to people you dont know” — I like it. I have a firiend who’s always looking for new pick-up lines at the bars, I’ll suggest that one to him.

And what about Kin Dza Dza? Weird and wonderful

nasym
    Participant

input on pickuplines:
    nothing will ever beat “nice shoes, whan’a have sex”

sad things on Swedish/English translations is the fact that the nummber six on swedish in pronounst and spelled “sex”
    and sex means the same thing on Swedish

there are alot of jokes that can be done on that…

TrimKlip
    Participant

I recommend “Happiness”, directed by Todd Solondz, although this movie is a little more disturbing than weird.

I don’t want to give anything away, but it’s well acted and not for those easily offended. What I love about it is the way it lets you look behind the exterior of a happy suburban life to see the sickness that sometimes lurks.

Philip Seymour Hoffman is in it ❗

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also thought Happiness was fantastic (and plenty disturbing). and would very highly recommend it. Many critics actually panned Solondz over the way he made fun of his disaffected sad-lives’ characters. I totally agree with your thoughts on it, TrimKlip.

ShadowedVenus
    Participant

Wicker Man! Great movie, though I belong to a pagan circle and many people there are continually pissed off about it becuase they say it perpetuates all those prejudiced myths put out by Julius Ceasar that christianity’s been perpetuating ever since!
    I’ve always been a fan of offbeat movies though since I started doing film studies at uni I’ve watched far better and weirder films than I’ve ever seen before! Blade Runner might be mainstream but it’s still weird, and a tribute to Philip K. Dick. Beautiful! Donnie Darko was fantastic, as was the remake of Solaris (I would never have beleived that George Clooney could actually act!) though not quite as weird as the original! I’ve only seen one Peter Greenaway, Prospero’s Books, which is exceptional, like watching some of the Sandman. I love the Japanese movie Afterlife, and the French movies Amelie and Delicatessan, all for completely different reasons! I thought Wings of Desire was also incredible, and I was really pissed off that I missed the sequel focusing on the blonde angel who did not fall on early hours Channel 4 recently. If you were a fan, there is a Swedish film set in Depression-era US coming out soon which I think you’ll like – I saw the previews. It is a dreamlike film about a poverty-stricken small town which has been bought by people who are damming a river for a power station that will flood the town. The people who refuse to sell are forcibly evicted and the misfits and strays are left to drown. A young orphaned boy, delierious with TB, is one of these. Much of the movie shows his subjective visions/halllucinations of conversations with a band of offbeat androgenous supernatural beings who may be angels, with very weird names. The most sympathetic one is played by Daryl Hannah, who has been searching for her partner for all of the time since the beginning of the universe. She thinks he may be the boy. I can’t remember the name of the film, but it was a one-word title and I think it was the name of the ton. It looked a bit like the sort of dream you could have if you were in bed with the flu and fell half-asleep after watching Road to perdition and an episode of American Gothic.

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Oh movies, movies, I opted out of a film cert. program in college so i could graduate on time, (already had a major & minor, so wasn’t lacking work to do. )

I love Greenaway! I wrote a paper about Prospero’s Books, mostly on his use of sets, the long camera pan and color…cited The Cook, the Thief His Wife and Her Lover too as he used the same techniques.

Devils was disturbing for me, since I’m horrified by the Inquisition anyway, the reality – not Monty Python, “Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!”

But the nun’s dementia/religious quasi sexual obsession and how they try to “purge” her. Damn.

Dancer in the Dark was really brillant, good commentary on the “other”, I have the soundtrack too.

I just saw the original Solaris, I loved it. Have plans to see the new one to compare.

And I love you all dragged Wicker Man out of the back of the closest. 😯 That was so great!!!! makes me think of the Slaine comic book.
    I’m a pagan/student of mysticism too, a lot of it just made me laugh!

Any one ever see The Wicked Lady?, very funny camp like humor.
    I haven’t seen Wings of Desire but I loved Until the End of the World,(same director) a little slow in places but once they get to the dreams-creepy!
    Speaking of german movies, what about Fitzcolrado(spelling?) or what was it, Wrath of God?

Camarilla
    Participant

I loved that Spanish Inqusition stuff with Monty……thier awesome..

I saw this psychological thriller named Closet Land a few years ago….it scared the shit out of me….

The whole movie takes place in one room were a woman is being tortured…..

TV entertainment…..

Anonymous

I would have to say the wierdest movie I have ever seen is “Return to Oz” that movie still creeps me out after all these years. While that is the creepest movie I have ever seen there is one scene in “Super Man 3” where the woman has all that metal attached to her and she becomes a power something. That always scared me as a kid and still does. I suppose I’ll be scared to death till the day I did 😛

Anonymous

Wot! Nobody rate ‘Fantastic Planet’ as weird?!

That gave me the best Head-Fuck for years when I saw it!

Fave weird Sci Fi movie is easily Kin Dza Dza and a close second would be Barbarella.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some great choices, ShadowedVenus and Sidhecafe. Glad that Film Studies expanded your horizons, I must say it put me off some films that I loved before… Having to write an essay on a film rather kills my enjoyment of it. Glad to see someone else liked After Life (aka Wonderful Life) — I loved that movie, saw it in the theatre as soon as it came out. Loved Amelie, and Delicatessan. Jeunet’s City of Lost Children was also very good. Now After Life would be an interesting one to write an essay on. The last film essay I wrote was on Kieslowski’s Three Colours Trilogy: Blue, White and Red.

And, yep, I really liked Wender’s Until The End of the World — my wife hated it, and I rememebr being offended by that. I used to be very passionate about film. Paris, Texas was the film that originally made me a fan of his. And Herzog’s Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre: The Wrath of God were amazing.

One of my favourite foreign language directors is Zhang Yimou. Have you seen Ju Dou, Raise The Red Lantern, Red Sorghum etc. starring the luscious Gong Li?

I know I already mentioned this, but Cronenberg’s Videodrome was a really weird sci-fiish one (not for the squeamish).

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Raise the Red Lantern was fantastic, I read the short story too and the film definitely did it justice. I LOVED the scene when the opera singer is perfroming in her courtyard to herself. The music was amazing.
    I haven’t seen Ju Du, ….

Videodrome I haven’t seen in years, What did you think of his
    Existense (sp)?????

I remember liking it with some conditions. I just saw another of Cronenburg’s in the rental store, Spider, haven’t seen and was out 🙁

Started Clooney version of Solaris earlier, and stopped watching it, doesn’t have the poetry of the first….language wise. And I miss the original Snaut.

I’m going to watch Ninth Gate now. I liked the book, and since I’m still recovering from last night’s drinking, I’m nursing a beer and watching the ol’ movies tonight.
    Cheers!

ShadowedVenus
    Participant

Cool, SidheCafe, I wrote an analysis of Prospero’s Books too, along with Forbidden Planet(! and isn’t that a great movie?) on the director’s use of framing in relation to how it is used in The Tempest and its criticism. Logan, I’m really annoyed I haven’t been able to see The Red Lantern it’s supposed to be one of the classics didn’t the director bring out Springtime in a Small Town recently? I tried to see it but my local UGC only did daytime showings and it was in the middle of my exams. What does everyone think of Donnie Darko? I thought it was exceptional, though from the previews I’d expected it to be funner and less existential, so I enjoyed it even more on second viewing when I’d kind of readjusted my brain to it. Memento was classic – it made me want to see Irreversible. I also really loved Goodbye Lenin! hollywood could (and has, I suppose) learn(ed) much from independent and non-US cinema. And I saw La Passion de Jeanne D’Arc in my film studies class. I was completely bowled over.

Anonymous
    ShadowedVenus wrote:

And I saw La Passion de Jeanne D’Arc in my film studies class. I was completely bowled over.

If you have a chance, see Dreyer’s Vampyr it’s the eeriest Vampire movie you’ll ever see, much scarier and much more unsettling than any Dracula movie.

Love Wim Wenders also, the first of his movies I saw was The American Friend with Dennis Hopper and Bruno Ganz and it blew me away. Wings of Desire was wonderful; there was a Hollywood remake of it (WHY??) called City of Angels with Nicholas Cage which was crap.
    And Wenders also has great taste in the music he uses in his films!
    I also liked his Buena Vista Social Club doc and he directed one of the episodes of The Blues which just started on PBS, I’m looking forward to seeing it.

If you want another strange movie, check out Resnais’ Last Year at Marienbad which is a totally cryptic intellectual puzzle, but beautiful and fascinating to watch.

And another one of the strangest movies I’ve ever seen is a Japanese movie called Woman in the Dunes which takes place in a deep sand pit. It has……..lots of sand. It made me very thirsty.

elmey

Sidhecafe
    Participant

ShadowedVenus, I didn’t see Forbidden Planet or Donnie Darko, but I really liked Memento too, though I did trip over some parts of it, the actor did a great job. I’ve been back and forth about seeing Irreverisble, I’ve picked it up and put it back again, since I heard there was a rape scene that was very graphic….and I’m not sure I’m up for that lately, but I know I will see it at some point because I did like Memento and am wondering about this other movie so much…..

Unfortunately now, the neighborhood I live in in Boston’s rental stores don’t really cater to much foreign film tastes- much to my dismay. At this point I’m surprised when I like something new from Hollywood. (Though I did see Pirates of the Caribbean twice!) Oh and the Ninth Gate was TERRIBLE 😥 . J. Depp couldn’t do anything for it.

Elmey, Woman in the Dunes was great!!!!! Very thirst inducing, all kinds of thirst!!!!!

mandara k
    Participant

Logie!!!!! Steven King is doing series style an adaptation of the Kingdom!!!! Or who told me who that was…. now i have to go back and relook…. be right back! Thank you bonnee wherever you are!

Yeesh ! Ideas are running slim; supernatural will be commonplace soon; not that tha’s any problem with me, boys and girls.

Hang on to your arses!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

King in Hospital

The King of horror is indeed clicky. It’s semi-autobiographical… He’s basing Kingdom Hospital partly on Lars von Trier’s miniseries and partly on his own experiences when he was hospitalised after being struck by a van and almost killed in 99 or so. Bet he couldn’t resist the “King” in the title of von Trier’s series. Wonder if it will have a “Misery” element to it? Writer involved in traffic accident, becomes an invalid, has to put up with an insatiable Kingdom, erm fandom, of hot nurses at the hospital who mercilessly lather his… Oops, I’m thinking of that old classic, Horny Hospital: Revenge of the Naughty Nurses.

Thanks for the heads-up, Mandara. 😀 Horny nurses or not, it should be good.

Incidentally, I could hang on to my arse, but it’s far more pleasureable to hang on to someone elses. 😆

mandara k
    Participant

😆 Logan you need a shower; cold shower. It got you so excited you had to post it twice? Double the posting double the fun?

Uh~hem do you kiss your daughter with that mouth? 😯 😛 Well, okay, it IS a common fantasy I mean wjth those open gowns letting the breeze blow into your privates’ sanctuary and the sponge baths etc…. but it be better with a gymnast or yoga master for flexibility; Eh… whatever twists the sheets for you 😉

I have purchased 28 Days Later but yet have to watch it…. we will see what happens.

bambooshoot
    Participant

One I don’t think that anyone’s mentioned is Eraserhead.

*twitch*

Bambooshoot 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

*employs Eraserhead to rub out my extra post*

kinkyfriedman
    Participant

What about the Phillip Glass scored Koquaniatsi? (Or….however you spell it). Is a mind trip. And, beautiful.

bambooshoot
    Participant

Koyaanisqatsi and it’s (kind of) sequel Powwaqatsi are superb. There’s a fairly new one out as well called Naqoyqatsi, about globalisation and the modern world.

Bambooshoot 😀

kinkyfriedman
    Participant

I heard that the third isn’t as great (says my friend, who introduced me to the first one. 🙂

Evidently, there’s a whole internet community that does films like that.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.