LEXX 3.13!!! Heven or Hell?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx LEXX 3.13!!! Heven or Hell?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    crusader
    Participant

OK!!! I saw it a couple of days agow!!!
    So, what did you think?

They surtenly saved the best SFX and animations to the last episode!!!

Oh, and one more thing!!! “What have they done”!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Originally posted by crusader:
    hey surtenly saved the best SFX and animations to the last episode!!!

i agree crusader, this episode was one of the more visually stunning in terms of sets and cgi…i always liked prince’s main room and the fortress, and having lived in the california desert, i really find fire beautiful overall, i also liked the story and the setup for next season and am glad to be seeing more of 790, i just wish he would get really mean and snipey again, and less love sick and whiney…we shall see…what did you think of the end scene as they are closing in on earth and you see new england and nova scotia getting bigger on the screen? the only thing that is missing is more mantrid

Anonymous

I second 790 being less whiny. That got pretty old by Girltown and Beach. The effects were quite stunning. I have spent some time out in the western US and find the desolation a balm to a troubled spirit. I really liked the cgi as well. I have to wonder what effects Stan’s reanimation will have on season 4 if any. I am still waiting for Kai to meet his living self, not a prince knock off. What will Xev do if she sees some of those California beach boys? What if she meets alive real Kai? Will she no longer care about dead Kai? Although, this last season she seemed to rarely give a whit about anyone but herself. I hope that changes some. Maybe Stan can get laid every week.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    I second 790 being less whiny. Maybe Stan can get laid every week.

as long as i do not have to watch him get laid…

[This message has been edited by FX (edited February 27, 2001).]

crusader
    Participant

I agree to with the 790 thing and Stan and Xev growing! Alsoe the meting with Live Kai (Witch will hapen or the whriters wouldent have brought it up in series 3) and maybe meting Zev (The original that died) on earh! I mean, they saw her spirit so the chanse exists!
    And will they meet Mantrid? I agree that I would wont to se more of him!!! (And the essens maybe)
    The main thing is that I wont a really EVIL nemesis!!!

How are they going to kill Prince in series 4? I mean it looks like hes imposebol to destroy!
    And will he be abel to be reborn as sombody eles on earth?

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

Last night’s episode of Lexx was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever.

I didn’t think anything could top Girltown in awfulness, but then they hit us with The Beach, and then add insult to injury with Heaven and Hell. Are they trying to lose fans!?!

Okay, there are some things that you should never do in a science fiction series (or arguably any series), and one of them is add supernatural elements. The last two episodes of Lexx raised too many questions, and gave the wrong answers to too many others.

The one good thing that can be said about Heaven and Hell is that it opened up the possibility for a new, better season. I just hope the show can get past this, and show us the kind of greatness next season that we saw in the first two seasons. Then again, Prince survived, and was seen coming to the new planet. The prospect of last season’s Deus ex Machina returning is not an appealing one. Let’s just hope that he’s dealt with in the first episode, leaving the rest open for new stories.

——————

WORST EPISODE EVER

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited February 27, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Last night’s episode of Lexx was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever.

Okay, I get it now. You’re the comic shop owner from The Simpsons, aren’t you?

Okay, there are some things that you should never do in a science fiction series (or arguably any series), and one of them is add supernatural elements. [/B]

…and why not, pray tell? I don’t see the science fiction community up in arms over series like The X Files, or Star Wars, for that matter. I mean, in Star Wars, you’re dealing with a supernatural “force” as a prevailing theme. And, despite Episode One’s attempt to give it some questionable scientific basis (though I think it was just in relating to one’s reception to and ability to use the force itself, rather than an attempt to explain it), it is, in essence a supernatural thing. The supernatural and science fiction are not mutually exclusive, and the point you make about never bringing it up in *any* series is, in my opinion, far too narrow. There are FAR too many beliefs and viewpoints out there, and to say that these things should never be dealt with is a far too limiting thing to say.

The last two episodes of Lexx raised too many questions, and gave the wrong answers to too many others.

And what are the “wrong answers?” And why shouldn’t a series raise questions? How many are too many?

Let’s just hope that he’s dealt with in the first episode, leaving the rest open for new stories.

Again, who are the “us” implicit in “let’s?” To whom are you referring?

–Aleck

Anonymous

yikes, dalek tek i take it you did not like the episode? i guess, like aleck, i am unsure of the nature of your disgruntlement…the supernatural is rather a universal theme and i do not see it as an inappropriate reference point in lexx, even if it appears to be a more existentialist take on the supernatural…and given that the entire season as well as prince’s character have been leading us to this dare i say logical conclusion the deus ex machina reference is not germane either…kai and stan have continually questioned where the inhabitants of the different towns come from,all of whom where universally ignorant and uncaring of their origins, with no knowledge of procreation…prince has been quite consistent in proclaiming/manifesting his ability to die and be reborn, that he always sticks by his deals, and that he will maneuver to see his ultimate goal, the destruction of water through…the only surprise was perhaps that he wished for water destroyed so that the balance could be broken and he would then be free of fire/hell and the endless cycle of rebirth into fire/hell…a quite understandable goal overall…what i do not understand is how someone as young and well read as yourself can come across as so rigid and uncompromising; science fiction and books/film in general are meant to provoke discussions and hopefully growth, not to render weighty pronouncements and judgments with…i think you like to play devil’s advocate (so to speak ) so that you can get us all rattled and squalling… are you perhaps serving in loco prince/parentis?

Anonymous

Well, I’ve just finished watching “The Green Mile” (King).
    I ….
    I find his novels grasp my interest especially when there is a supernatural theme to them ex: “The Dead Zone”.
    Come right down to it –
    Science Fiction rarely grabs me unless it’s got an element of the supernatural to it.
    Look at Kubrick’s 2001… That must have started it for me.
    Everything I’ve read – Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, they all seem to have a spot of religion to them.
    I can’t think of life in the outer reaches of the galaxy NOT believing in something…whether it be the beauty and terrible ferocity of the creation of stars or destruction of the universe, or just having some kind of touch with whatever is inside…

Whatever religion you follow, good and evil always seem to be the ultimate forces…
    I like to think of them as energy and entropy.

It’s hard to understand when you’re just a miracle … a tiny life in the endless vastness of space and time.
    *Rustam is begining to wax poetic..better end this post.*
    Think I’ll take my telescope out tonight.

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

Bascule
    Participant

I have to say I’m surprised that you were surprised (and disgusted) by the supernatural elements as well, Mr Dalek. It’s always been there, admittedly not as blatant. Time prophets? Essences? Theatres that exist outside of space and time? There’s always been a fantasy element to it, and a distinct lack of proper rules to apply to things that happen. That’s what makes Lexx so lovely, man. And different to everything else.

quote:

Originally posted by Rust:
    Come right down to it –
    Science Fiction rarely grabs me unless it’s got an element of the supernatural to it.
    Look at Kubrick’s 2001… That must have started it for me.
    Everything I’ve read – Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, they all seem to have a spot of religion to them.
    I can’t think of life in the outer reaches of the galaxy NOT believing in something…whether it be the beauty and terrible ferocity of the creation of stars or destruction of the universe, or just having some kind of touch with whatever is inside…

That…is quite beautiful, Rust. Cheers.

crusader
    Participant

Yeah!!! Right on!!!

And I dont know if you have notesed it but the thing with the Key! It dosent ad up!
    In the first episode Thodien (Or how its speled) gave the Key to one of his men (Hoe later gave it to Stan when he died)!
    Änd then in “The Key” they said that the Key could only be transfered on the point of dead or in extesy! And then in Girltown the Key whent from Stan to Xev! Well, it could have bein bekos that Stan was scerd to death! But in Heaven or Hell Xev almost gave the Key to Prince! Way cant they make up there mind!!!
    And I gues that in series 4 Xez cant give the Key back to Stan!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.