Lexx Cards, I have mine from DF

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexx Cards, I have mine from DF

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine arrived while I was on holiday last week (and also at a time when I have no money to pay for them). I’ve noticed quite a few minor mistakes and outright major errors, although the error density on the whole seems lower than the original preview set (thanks to micromary I guess). I’ve also got a complete 72 card base set up for grabs which I’ll probably flog on ebay (although I’ve not been looking forward to my first ebay sale I really need to money right now:)

Kylar797
    Participant

Sounds awesome. However I’ve had no such luck. I’ve been looking alll over for Lexx cards in my town, and i haven’t been able to find any. Am I looking in the wrong places??

Anonymous

Oh, one of the cards says that Kai is the most feared assassin in the two universes and Brunnis2, LOL

Kylar: I ordered mine off the net, but I’m sure some of these will end up in card shops. I see that they are on ebay already.

[ 12-08-2002: Message edited by: Enox ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

It’s distressing to see how cheap the cards are for sale on eBay when I paid out the nose for them from DF.

Kylar797
    Participant

Thanx Enox! I’ll be sure to take a look on EBay and such. I’ve looked up the DVDs and such–and it’s a shame that they don’t have all episodes of Season on one DVD…yet. And Season two is rather expensive for my empty wallet, lol.

SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Finally, I got home Friday and they were waiting on me. 1 box of cards and a binder. They are pretty nice. Out of one box I was able to make 2 complete main sets, almost a 3rd. The chase cards: I got 5 out of the 6 chrome cards, 5 artist autographed cards, 1 hand drawn sketch card of Xev, a Brian Downey autograph card, and of course the binder came with the autographed Xev card. Also got the Kai box topper.

My only major beef is that there are no villian cards. HDS, Mantrid and Prince are no where to be seen. No Lyekka either!

Other small things, like the Moth Card, the description on the back of the card has nothing to do with moths. One card says that Xev is from the planet of Potatoho. Prince is called “The Prince” on a couple of cards.

The comic book style artwork is quite nice. It was worth the wait in the end, I’m happy.

[ 12-08-2002: Message edited by: Enox ]

Jhevz
    Participant

Enox,
    Did you say that there’s 1 of Kai; or am I mistaken? Oh I do hope you found 1 with Kai; you’re lucky to have 1 of Stan & the other of Xev. Is there 1 of 790? the Lexx? or even Zev? Oh I do hope there is; you said to check ebay; I may do that before too long & I’m also going to check the Dealers’ Room while I’m at Dragon*Con to see if there’s any.
    Take care & have a great Summer.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

Actually, Salter Street didn’t approve any of the changes I suggested. I was warned of this by Carl going in to it all. He said they had approved the copy once and might not be willing to approve edits.

Enox, the lack of villian cards was also a constraint put on DF by Salter. They said only images of the 4 main characters and the LEXX. Background shots with NO characters in them were also allowed, which is why there’s a card showing the Dark Lady’s castle from Woz that’s labeled as Prince’s castle.

Flame, I’m also VERY ****ed at the prices I’m seeing on E-bay for the LEXX cards. I can only assume dealers get enough of a discount when they buy that after mark-up the price to us consumers ends up at about the same price as us buying direct from DF. I also assume that these same dealers consider the LEXX cards junk and are willing to dump them at an even lower price just to keep from getting stuck with them. In the end, these guys on e-bay are cheaping the whole series of cards!!!

Jhevz, if you’re hoping for a Kai autograph card…. there ain’t any. Micheal McManus didn’t sign. The only actor autograph cards are Stan, Xev and 790. Also, the autographed Xev card that comes with the binder is different from the autographed Xev card in the artist & actor series.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Micromary:
    Flame, I’m also VERY ****ed at the prices I’m seeing on E-bay for the LEXX cards. I can only assume dealers get enough of a discount when they buy that after mark-up the price to us consumers ends up at about the same price as us buying direct from DF.

No, they’re just piecing them all out. From one box you get almost 3 full sets, plus a handful of “chaser” cards. Most of the chaser cards are being sold for $20 a piece, which at the 10 or so I have in my box, 2 to 3 times the price of the box. And the sets are just gravy at $10 each or so.

I imagine most of the guys selling stuff on eBay bought cases and stripped out all the valuable cards from each.

I was going to buy a binder from my comic chop, but their binders mysteriously did not have the Xev card at the store, yet were the same price. Sorry, but I’m not paying $40 for a 3 ring binder.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sets are going for $10? Darn, I was hoping to make back some of my money on eBay since I’m in the red at the bank

Anonymous

Stormsweeper appears to be correct. After browsing around for a while the best deal is a box for 50 bucks with all un-opened packs. But the box topper isnt included….

Other than that all I see are sets and stripped packs.

When you see people selling Box + Wrapper that usually means it’s been stripped and he/she is just selling you the box of cards and the opened wrappers.

In which case its still best to buy from DF and pay 20-25% more especially if you want the autographs, rainbows, box toppers, chrome cards etc… which all go for much more on Ebay than DF charges

Anonymous

The sets being sold are just the base 72 cards, no chasers.

As for where to buy them, also check out your local gaming store. I bought mine at a comic shop here for $72 + tax. I might bo back and buy a coupel more boxes, as they had a whole case there. I also want to confront them about apparently stripping the autograph cards from the binders.

To those who bought the binder from DF: was the card shrinkwrapped in?

Anonymous

I’m not much of a collector so I’ve been reading this thread with interest — Is it common practice for dealers and stores to strip sets, remove autographed cards and so on? Are purchases from the maker limited to advance orders?

And this is just pure curiosity, but are there ways to establish provenance with signature cards or costume cards and such stuff on e bay?

elmey

Anonymous
    Inactive

The folder came with a set of card pages and the autographed card was stuck in the front page (not fully into the sleeve on mine though). I don’t think mine was shrinkwrapped at all.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:
    I’m not much of a collector so I’ve been reading this thread with interest — Is it common practice for dealers and stores to strip sets, remove autographed cards and so on? Are purchases from the maker limited to advance orders?

And this is just pure curiosity, but are there ways to establish provenance with signature cards or costume cards and such stuff on e bay?

elmey

Hi, elmey.

There are 2 ways to collect trading cards. The first is to buy an unopened box from a dealer or the manufacturer (DF in this case), open all the individual packs inside, and assemble as many base sets as possible. You will normally get at least one complete base set, maybe more. You will get SOME of the cards in the extra sets (chase sets)but not all of them. They’re called “chase sets” ’cause they’re rarer than the base set and they want you to chase after them.

The second way is to ask a dealer for a complete set of base cards and/or chase cards. The dealer does the work of going through all the boxes and opening all the packs to assemble sets. They sell chase sets separate from base sets and charge a higher price because they are rare. When I’ve been in dealers rooms at cons, I rarely see autograph cards sold in sets. They’re usually sold separatly and go for the highest price.

The Xev costume card was billed as the “ultimate chase card” because it is the rarest of all the cards in this series. There are only 199 of these cards and I was told they were going to be randomly inserted in CASES. This means, unless only 199 cases were produced, that not every case would have one of these cards in them. The dealer would have to buy many cases in order to get hold of just ONE of the costume cards, so you know they’ll want $$$$$ for it!

Don’t know if this helps any with provenance, but I was given a costume card, complete set of autograph cards and a bunch of sketch cards from DF as a thank-you for at least TRYING to help with the copy. The stuff I’ve seen on e-bay is the same, except my cards are not numbered. The chase cards I got in the box I ordered ARE numbered, so I think my gift stuff was an exception to the regular series.

Also, the binders I ordered were not shrink-wrapped. The Xev autograph card was in the center pocket of the first card sheet.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I’m astonished that I, of all the freaky Xev fans in the two universes, found a costume card in my second box of cards! It befuddles my damn fool cracker mind. I thought for sure that I would never see one. I thought it would be one of those things that would bug me until the end of my days. But I got one. I feel a little bit like that kid in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

BTW, I’m trying to collect five complete sets of the 72 cards. Visit my page:
    http://www.flamegrape.com/lexx/cards.htm

Anonymous

Micromary, thanks for the info: I see there’s a certain amount of work involved in collecting! Hmmm…if I could find someone to do it for me….

Flamegrape: congrats on your costume card!

elmey

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me why there are no A3, A4, A5 or A9 Artist Autograph Cards in the Premiere trading card series? I haven’t seen these for sale on eBay…were they ever released? What were they supposed to be?

Anonymous

The autograph cards are all in one set. There’s an A2 artist card as Michael McManus didn;t do an autograph card. A3 is Brian Downey, A4 is Jeff Hirschfeld. I’d have to get my cards out of the vault to see what A5 is. I believe a few people are listing it on eBay as Artist A1 for some reason.

[ 27-08-2002: Message edited by: stormsweeper ]

Anonymous

Well, that makes a lot of sense – thanks!
    But I’m left still wondering what A9 is…

Anonymous

I e-mailed Carl at DF for a complete listing of the autograph card series and the sketch card series. He hasn’t answered me, but I’ve been watching whats showing up on e-bay and comparing it to what was sent to me by Carl as a thank-you. Here’s what I think are in the sets:

Autograph cards
    A1 Xenia Seeburg
    A1 Dan Parsons
    A2 Tom Smith
    A3 Brian Downey
    A4 Jeff Hirshfield
    no A5 (probably Michael’s)
    A6 Matt Busch
    A7 Gordon Purcell
    A8 Tom Grindberg
    no A9 (maybe Mark Romanowski, author of Artistic card #64???)
    A10 Alex Horley
    A11 Jeff Pittarelli (with an extra “L” thrown in)

Sketch Cards
    Dan Parsons: only Xev, but 4 or 5 different poses
    Gordon Purcell: Kai, Stan & Xev, only one pose of each
    Matt Busch: Kai, Xev & 790 with 2 different poses of Kai

Anonymous

Micromary, thanks for the info!! I was wondering how many different sketch cards (poses) there were because those are the ones I most enjoy collecting, and your post was a big help.

You’ve actually seen a Gordon Purcell/hand-drawn sketch of Stan the man?? I’ll have to keep hunting on eBay…that’s definitely one I’d like to find.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by LexxDeb:
    You’ve actually seen a Gordon Purcell/hand-drawn sketch of Stan the man?? I’ll have to keep hunting on eBay…that’s definitely one I’d like to find.[/QB]

Yes I have.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.